🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids need a return to old school discipline

Parents need to enforce discipline not schools. Schools need to teach kids how to think and reason and respect the greatest and the only Country in the world that guarantees certain freedoms. Parents can teach them how to put a condom on a banana.

I think there needs to be a multilayered approach.

Clearly a lot of parents have been brought up badly. How are they going to learn to discipline properly?

Society needs to take a big part of this. Without it, society will fail.
See? This is EXACTLY the feel good bullshit that I was alluding to about these moonbats. Little wonder why kids today are spoiled rotten disrespectful brats.

What?
You heard me. This is more of this "takes a village" bullshit that takes away from parental authority.

What's the point of society then? You do realize that humans inherently make societies. It's how we function.
But parental authority must take preeminence over societal interests.

Why?

Why is the individual more important than the mass of people?

Parents need to enforce discipline not schools. Schools need to teach kids how to think and reason and respect the greatest and the only Country in the world that guarantees certain freedoms. Parents can teach them how to put a condom on a banana.

Clearly a lot of parents have been brought up badly. How are they going to learn to discipline properly?

See? This is EXACTLY the feel good bullshit that I was alluding to about these moonbats. Little wonder why kids today are spoiled rotten disrespectful brats.

What?
You heard me. This is more of this "takes a village" bullshit that takes away from parental authority.

What's the point of society then? You do realize that humans inherently make societies. It's how we function.

Why?

Because it is the individual who's rights and liberties that must be respected.

What?

Why?

So, WW2, they shouldn't have conscripted people into the Army?

Ever since Dr. Benjamin Spock rolled out his psychobabble approach to parenting in 1946, generations have been adversely affected by this so called "spare the rod" idea. I think if parents really cared about their children, it might not be so bad to apply the "belt of wisdom" to the " seat of knowledge". In fact, we would have far more respect for authority today if kids realized there were consequences to their actions, be they good or bad.

Whether? OK
Problem is that some adults can't seem to differ between appropriate punishments and what would easily be called torture.

Spiral fractures
Broken bones
Scars...

When you use violence on a child you teach the child two things
1. Violence IS the solution to any problem and
2. As long as you're bigger, violence is OK

Those are things I'd rather not teach my kids.

But, hey, if you want your kids to grow up and write "Mother Dearest" about you that is your call.
I'm sure the revenues from the book sales will cover the therapy.

Ever since Dr. Benjamin Spock rolled out his psychobabble approach to parenting in 1946, generations have been adversely affected by this so called "spare the rod" idea. I think if parents really cared about their children, it might not be so bad to apply the "belt of wisdom" to the " seat of knowledge". In fact, we would have far more respect for authority today if kids realized there were consequences to their actions, be they good or bad.

So you want schools beating your children? Or do you want to beat other people's children?

If need be? BOTH.

Inherently violent, eh?

What?

Why?

So, WW2, they shouldn't have conscripted people into the Army?
Maybe he would have run to Canada....oops! that wouldn't have worked with WWII.

What?

Why?

Because the Bill of Rights applies to us individually, not collectively.

What?

Why?

So, when the country forces people into the armed forces and forces them to die.... what about individuals then?

What?

Why?

So, when the country forces people into the armed forces and forces them to die.... what about individuals then?
This has zero to do with the subject at hand. You and your collectivist scum want nothing better than to usurp parental sovereignty and authority over their children. Sorry, but individual rights and liberties are still more important than societal interests.

Jewish punishment is far worse
The parents will take away your unlimited credit card for a few weeks

It’s illegal for parents to hit Jewish kids but legal to shoot Arab ones in the knees

What?

Why?

This has zero to do with the subject at hand. You and your collectivist scum want nothing better than to usurp parental sovereignty and authority over their children. Sorry, but individual rights and liberties are still more important than societal interests.

Ah insults.

Bye, forever.

Agree in principle. Parents need to do a better job disciplining kids. Every child needs to know and understand who is in charge.

period

Forum List

Back