Kim Davis Is Rosa Parks

Isn't Civil Disobedience fun?
what you claim as civil disobedience is analogous to spoiled over indulged children throwing tantrums after being taken in hand.
conservatives can't manage the real thing.

Riiiiight. Circumventing the proper legal procedures for enacting laws and dismissing the will of the people as expressed by the laws is "taking spoiled children in hand". I'd say the tantrums of spoiled children are more obvious in the left's "Well, if you won't do what we tell you to, we'll just override your rights as citizens" approach.

Polls show that the majority of Americans are in favour of gay marriage rights so the will of the people was not ignored.

And the only rights being ignored here are the rights of gays to get a marriage license.

Kim Davis has the right to believe gay marriage is wrong. But she doesn't have the right to deny them a marriage license based on that belief, or to interfere with other clerks issuing marriage licenses to gays. She has no right to impose her religion on others which is what she did.

Yeah, right, "the polls show". Interesting how the only polls that ever really matter - ballot initiatives - always showed that the people WEREN'T in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage, which is why you had to ram it down everyone's throats (pardon the pun) through an illegal judicial fiat.

I realize that you think the only rights being ignore are the faux rights of homosexuals to get a marriage license, but that would be because you think the only rights that exist are those of people who agree with you. I have never once seen you notice any right that involves people disagreeing with your received "wisdom". Funny, that.

She has the exact same right to disobey laws - legal and illegal - that she disagrees with as Obama does to ignore immigration laws in his administrative policies, as San Francisco and other sanctuary cities have to ignore immigration laws, as numerous mayors and clerks had to ignore marriage laws prior to the judicial coup . . . I can go on, but I think everyone gets the point of your double standard, and the way you only recognize the existence of rights and laws you like, you pathetic, hypocritical joke.

I live in a country where gays have had the right to get married for more than 10 years. The sky hasn't fallen, we're not overrun with pedophiles, and God hadn't destroyed our country.

As a liberal, I believe in freedom. My rights as a heterosexual Christian are not infringed by gay marriage.

There are lots of laws I don't like, but I obey them anyway. I think strip clubs are odious, at best. Most of the women working as strippers were sexually abused as children. Their exploitation by strip club owners may be voluntary but only because of their conditioning as children.

That being said, in my job, I was required to work on the renewal of the liquor license for a well known Toronto strip club. Worse for me, the club in question was 3 blocks from my house and I would dearly loved to have seen it closed - permanently. I held my nose and did the work.

I swear, you just don't get it. Maybe it's just in the Canadian DNA to want to be marched around like a bunch of marionettes, I dunno.

The point, you ignorant cow, is that I have always lived in a country that was founded on the novel notion that power derives from the people and that the people should be treated like free, thinking individuals who can and should decide for themselves what kind of society they want, rather than being treated like a bunch of kindergartners on some political version of Romper Room. If you want something about society to be different in the United States, then you're supposed to achieve it by convincing a majority of your fellow Americans to agree with you and change it, not just high-handedly decide that your cause du jour is too important for that whole "democratic process" thing and be taken out of the people's hands for their own good.

Maybe that shit works for the nation of mind-numbed castrated droogs you call your countrymen, but we aren't you. Americans don't accept being pushed around and bullied and told what's best for them like children, and the more it keeps happening, the more ugly the backlash that's building up is going to be. Maybe you don't give a shit because to you, it's just a fun exercise to fuck up other people's countries and because unlike us, you don't have to tolerate ignorant foreign dimwits thinking they should have a say about how your country's run, since no one gives a fart in a windstorm about what "America's Attic" does.

Except for the fact that you're the US's obnoxious, snot-nosed tagalong little brother that we can't seem to ditch, you're a political non-entity, and trust me, no one's interested in moral or national guidance from you, because if we wanted to live in a second-rate knockoff nation, we'd just invade you.

what you claim as civil disobedience is analogous to spoiled over indulged children throwing tantrums after being taken in hand.
conservatives can't manage the real thing.

Riiiiight. Circumventing the proper legal procedures for enacting laws and dismissing the will of the people as expressed by the laws is "taking spoiled children in hand". I'd say the tantrums of spoiled children are more obvious in the left's "Well, if you won't do what we tell you to, we'll just override your rights as citizens" approach.

Polls show that the majority of Americans are in favour of gay marriage rights so the will of the people was not ignored.

And the only rights being ignored here are the rights of gays to get a marriage license.

Kim Davis has the right to believe gay marriage is wrong. But she doesn't have the right to deny them a marriage license based on that belief, or to interfere with other clerks issuing marriage licenses to gays. She has no right to impose her religion on others which is what she did.

Yeah, right, "the polls show". Interesting how the only polls that ever really matter - ballot initiatives - always showed that the people WEREN'T in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage, which is why you had to ram it down everyone's throats (pardon the pun) through an illegal judicial fiat.

I realize that you think the only rights being ignore are the faux rights of homosexuals to get a marriage license, but that would be because you think the only rights that exist are those of people who agree with you. I have never once seen you notice any right that involves people disagreeing with your received "wisdom". Funny, that.

She has the exact same right to disobey laws - legal and illegal - that she disagrees with as Obama does to ignore immigration laws in his administrative policies, as San Francisco and other sanctuary cities have to ignore immigration laws, as numerous mayors and clerks had to ignore marriage laws prior to the judicial coup . . . I can go on, but I think everyone gets the point of your double standard, and the way you only recognize the existence of rights and laws you like, you pathetic, hypocritical joke.

I live in a country where gays have had the right to get married for more than 10 years. The sky hasn't fallen, we're not overrun with pedophiles, and God hadn't destroyed our country.

As a liberal, I believe in freedom. My rights as a heterosexual Christian are not infringed by gay marriage.

There are lots of laws I don't like, but I obey them anyway. I think strip clubs are odious, at best. Most of the women working as strippers were sexually abused as children. Their exploitation by strip club owners may be voluntary but only because of their conditioning as children.

That being said, in my job, I was required to work on the renewal of the liquor license for a well known Toronto strip club. Worse for me, the club in question was 3 blocks from my house and I would dearly loved to have seen it closed - permanently. I held my nose and did the work.

I swear, you just don't get it. Maybe it's just in the Canadian DNA to want to be marched around like a bunch of marionettes, I dunno.

The point, you ignorant cow, is that I have always lived in a country that was founded on the novel notion that power derives from the people and that the people should be treated like free, thinking individuals who can and should decide for themselves what kind of society they want, rather than being treated like a bunch of kindergartners on some political version of Romper Room. If you want something about society to be different in the United States, then you're supposed to achieve it by convincing a majority of your fellow Americans to agree with you and change it, not just high-handedly decide that your cause du jour is too important for that whole "democratic process" thing and be taken out of the people's hands for their own good.

Maybe that shit works for the nation of mind-numbed castrated droogs you call your countrymen, but we aren't you. Americans don't accept being pushed around and bullied and told what's best for them like children, and the more it keeps happening, the more ugly the backlash that's building up is going to be. Maybe you don't give a shit because to you, it's just a fun exercise to fuck up other people's countries and because unlike us, you don't have to tolerate ignorant foreign dimwits thinking they should have a say about how your country's run, since no one gives a fart in a windstorm about what "America's Attic" does.

Except for the fact that you're the US's obnoxious, snot-nosed tagalong little brother that we can't seem to ditch, you're a political non-entity, and trust me, no one's interested in moral or national guidance from you, because if we wanted to live in a second-rate knockoff nation, we'd just invade you.
This nation may be first rate , you not even close.

...Polls show that the majority of Americans are in favour of gay marriage rights so the will of the people was not ignored...
The only 'poll' that really counts is at the ballot-box.

And in State after State, for the past two decades, The People have constantly voted FOR Defense-of-Marriage -type legislation and referenda.

Only to have them overridden by judges contravening the Will of the People, time and time and time again.

Eventually, your Average American will shrug it off, and forget about it, and figure that it isn't worth fighting about anymore, and, eventually, land on the 'In Favor Of' side of a poll, some years after voting for a Defense-of-Marriage sort of ballot.

Given some substantive and competent Anti-Gay-Mafia leadership, some backbone, and a way to neutralize Gunboat Social Re-Engineering looking down the barrel of a Supreme Court writ...

Very large numbers of those Sunshine Patriots currently showing-up on the "In-Favor-Of" side of the polls would abandon their lethargy and actively oppose such creatures again, in a heartbeat.

Nobody (sane) wants their kids and grandkids exposed to that filth and perversion, if it can be helped.

With any luck, such leadership will emerge, sometime shortly after January 20, 2017, and an as-yet-unimagined angle will be found, by which to pursue Remedial Legal Action against the Gay Mafia.

The 3% cannot hold the other 97% of America in thrall forever.

All power in this country ultimately rests with the American People.

Our political parties are in the early stages of a Remedial Lesson about this important fact.

It's an absolute fallacy that voters have consistently voted against gay marriage. Since 2009, the following states have voted for or passed same sex marriage: Vermont, Connecticut, New Hampshire, DC, New York, Washington, Maryland, Rhode Island, Delaware, Minnesota, Hawaii, Illinois, California, Oregon. Many others had passed civil unions and domestic partnerships. It passed in New Jersey and Chris Christie vetoed the legislation.

So the idea that SSM has never been passed by the people is just flat out wrong.

kim.jpg

...Polls show that the majority of Americans are in favour of gay marriage rights so the will of the people was not ignored...
The only 'poll' that really counts is at the ballot-box.

And in State after State, for the past two decades, The People have constantly voted FOR Defense-of-Marriage -type legislation and referenda.

Only to have them overridden by judges contravening the Will of the People, time and time and time again.

Eventually, your Average American will shrug it off, and forget about it, and figure that it isn't worth fighting about anymore, and, eventually, land on the 'In Favor Of' side of a poll, some years after voting for a Defense-of-Marriage sort of ballot.

Given some substantive and competent Anti-Gay-Mafia leadership, some backbone, and a way to neutralize Gunboat Social Re-Engineering looking down the barrel of a Supreme Court writ...

Very large numbers of those Sunshine Patriots currently showing-up on the "In-Favor-Of" side of the polls would abandon their lethargy and actively oppose such creatures again, in a heartbeat.

Nobody (sane) wants their kids and grandkids exposed to that filth and perversion, if it can be helped.

With any luck, such leadership will emerge, sometime shortly after January 20, 2017, and an as-yet-unimagined angle will be found, by which to pursue Remedial Legal Action against the Gay Mafia.

The 3% cannot hold the other 97% of America in thrall forever.

All power in this country ultimately rests with the American People.

Our political parties are in the early stages of a Remedial Lesson about this important fact.

It's an absolute fallacy that voters have consistently voted against gay marriage. Since 2009, the following states have voted for or passed same sex marriage: Vermont, Connecticut, New Hampshire, DC, New York, Washington, Maryland, Rhode Island, Delaware, Minnesota, Hawaii, Illinois, California, Oregon. Many others had passed civil unions and domestic partnerships. It passed in New Jersey and Chris Christie vetoed the legislation.

So the idea that SSM has never been passed by the people is just flat out wrong.
So when did people get to vote on your rights?

Forum List

Back