Kim Davis Is Winning

I'd agree with the OP and Atlantic issue if "winning" means states with legislatures with "fundamentalist" majorities will pass laws allowing some way for public officials to avoid "signing their names" to marriage licenses and perhaps other documents while still staying out of federal court with the license being issued some other way. This is pretty much what Roberts predicted in his dissent.
And it's all she asked for from the beginning. Reasonable accommodation.
No, she did not. That would have been letting others do her job for her, which frankly, isn't reasonable.

She wasn't prevented, but the attempt was made to force her to engage in sacrilege and when she asked to be excused, she was jailed. That is the definition of persecution. Particularly when she was intentionally targeted in the first place. But you're an idiot, so facts mean nothing to you.
s_300_farm6_static_flickr_com_1820_20507273243_248188d681_n_537.gif

Kim Davis Just Whooped the Left—and That May Be Just the Beginning

Good article. Nice to see not everyone is kissing the butt fuckers asses....nice to read some FACTS and truth.
Are gay people getting married in Rowan County, Kentucky?

They are.

She lost.
Without her signature and since she is the ELECTED OFFICIAL it must have that to be legally recognized even the thug in the robe acknowledged that...
It's all over but the crying.

She lost.

I'd agree with the OP and Atlantic issue if "winning" means states with legislatures with "fundamentalist" majorities will pass laws allowing some way for public officials to avoid "signing their names" to marriage licenses and perhaps other documents while still staying out of federal court with the license being issued some other way. This is pretty much what Roberts predicted in his dissent.
No, her position is still that no licenses issue without her signature, and she says she only signs for adulters and not sodomizers. If she continues with that, I figure she goes back to the pokey.

The licenses are going out and she's become little more than a hideous potted plant at her job.

The delusions you people conjure up are getting boring and predictable.
And still getting $80K a year for doing nothing, RW leech that she is.

Truth be told and in the interest of honesty, issuing Civil Marriage licenses is a relatively small part of the overall duties, responsibilities, and actions of that government agency.

So it is unfair to say she's "doing nothing".

>>>>

No, her position is still that no licenses issue without her signature, and she says she only signs for adulters and not sodomizers. If she continues with that, I figure she goes back to the pokey.

I read in one news report that she was taking a couple of days off before returning to work, Monday could be interesting.

>>>>

Good article. Nice to see not everyone is kissing the butt fuckers asses....nice to read some FACTS and truth.

They are.

She lost.
Without her signature and since she is the ELECTED OFFICIAL it must have that to be legally recognized even the thug in the robe acknowledged that...

She lost.
"Later, Mr. Mason said he would continue to issue licenses, even if Ms. Davis ordered him to stop."
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/10/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html

That will keep her out of jail, if she leaves him alone, but I doubt she's that smart eh?

Here's winning:

"The commotion irked a longtime county resident who had come into the office to update his disabled parking permit."

“Good God almighty,” DeWayne Barnett said. “Why don’t you all cover something worthwhile?”

But Mr. Barnett acknowledged that the debate swirling around the clerk’s office had affected him. He would never again, he said, vote for Ms. Davis."

The issue has nothing to do with 'the left,' just as it has nothing to do with 'religious freedom.'
Yes it has EVERYTHING to do with religious freedom.

It has nothing to do with religious freedom because in this case religious freedom doesn't apply.
Yes it does. Her religious rights are being trampled on but I am not going to waste my breathe or time typing to explain it to someone who already has his mind made up.
Ah, such persecution. When was she prevented from praying? When was she prevented from practicing any part of her faith? When was she prevented from "preaching"?
She wasn't prevented, but the attempt was made to force her to engage in sacrilege and when she asked to be excused, she was jailed. That is the definition of persecution. Particularly when she was intentionally targeted in the first place. But you're an idiot, so facts mean nothing to you.

I love revisionist history...and why people like you try to change the facts. She did no such thing. She even prevented her employees from giving out the licenses themselves. And she was caught on camera saying she was doing it on her god's authority.

They are.

She lost.

She lost.
"Later, Mr. Mason said he would continue to issue licenses, even if Ms. Davis ordered him to stop."

That will keep her out of jail, if she leaves him alone, but I doubt she's that smart eh?
Ante Pavkovic, a pastor from North Carolina, stood in the lobby of the county clerk's office Wednesday with a sign demanding that Davis' employees be fired for disobeying their boss by licensing same-sex marriages, even though they too face the threat of jail or fines if they defy the judge.

"Thinking of what the sodomites have done should make you sick," he said to the clerks, who mostly kept their heads down while a sheriff's deputy kept watch.

In Kentucky, a clerk disrupts an unspoken agreement

I figured you might have known that, but wanted to clarify for the thread.

Some readers and lurkers might not be aware the OP is KKK.
ROFLMAO..I am not in the Klan. The Klan is a christian group. I have never been in the Klan and never considered it. ROFL.
JFC, event the Klan doesn't want you?! Dam, when the Klan won't take a white man .... bottom of the barrel, dude.
Oh I could join would just have to keep my religious beliefs to my self. Look up ANY Klan website and requirements....here I will show you.
I believe in the ideals of Western Christian civilization and profess my belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God.

That's from the Knights Party the largest most organized Klan group. I won't profess belief in something I don't believe in. Fight with them? Absolutely. Join them? no. I am a member of another group.

Keep in mind Westboro claims to be Christian....obviously that isn't true
As did Hitler, at first.
And he continued to do so til the end. But you are about to present the "no true scotsman" argument to counter that fact.

Actually, you are wrong. She has said consistently that all she wants is her name off the license. Having her name on the license but issued by other people against her wishes is not only illegal (though offered by the activist judge as a solution)...it also means the licenses aren't valid.

They are.

She lost.

She lost.

Ante Pavkovic, a pastor from North Carolina, stood in the lobby of the county clerk's office Wednesday with a sign demanding that Davis' employees be fired for disobeying their boss by licensing same-sex marriages, even though they too face the threat of jail or fines if they defy the judge.

"Thinking of what the sodomites have done should make you sick," he said to the clerks, who mostly kept their heads down while a sheriff's deputy kept watch.

Oh good...now the crazies are harassing the poor clerks for doing their job.

The homos are committed to forcing sacrilege on Christians. This judge is ordering the clerks to break the law...rather than allow the was, cheap fix (and legal) of removing Davis' name from marriage licenses.

The issue has nothing to do with 'the left,' just as it has nothing to do with 'religious freedom.'
Yes it has EVERYTHING to do with religious freedom.
You mean religious tyranny...She forced her clerks to follow her brand of religion.

Actually, you are wrong. She has said consistently that all she wants is her name off the license. Having her name on the license but issued by other people against her wishes is not only illegal (though offered by the activist judge as a solution)...it also means the licenses aren't valid.
Why then is she saying licenses not bearing her signature are invalid?

Davis, who plans to return to work on Monday, said any marriage licenses issued without her authority are not valid. Deputy Clerk Brian Mason said Wednesday that if he has to, he will disobey his boss and continue issuing licenses rather than refuse the orders of U.S. District Judge David Bunning.

Forum List

Back