Kim Potter gets only 2 years

The one responsible is the criminal who tried to escape and endangered the lives of two police officers.

That is certainly part of the reason I opposed the verdict.

BUT... From the other perspective... that's a pretty big mistake for a professionally trained police officer with like 12 years experience.

I mean...I watched the video... she knew right away she was going to jail. It was almost impossible to argue with her own video recorded admission.

That is certainly part of the reason I opposed the verdict.

BUT... From the other perspective... that's a pretty big mistake for a professionally trained police officer with like 12 years experience.

I mean...I watched the video... she knew right away she was going to jail. It was almost impossible to argue with her own video recorded admission.

Jail time was needed, but I have a feeling progs wanted more.

I watched the sentencing.

The family of that scumbag she shot was filthy ass trash.

It was a good shoot even if it was accident. The "victim" was scum that was resisting arrest and putting officers at risk.

She was an outstanding female officer well respected by her fellow officers and the community.

The only reason she was charged was because of all this goddamn BLM shit.

She never should have been found guilty but there were shithead racist Negroes on the jury.

The judge even said indirectly that Potter was not guilty.

It was a light sentence at 16 months but the verdict should have been overturned and she set free. No justice.

Disgraceful. Unless she serves it in maximum security's general population-with "BAD COP" branded on her face-this is a travesty.

16 months actually. But 16 months to long. It was a horrible mistake she made was while trying to subdue someone resisting arrest and putting her partners at risk. Hate see the loss of life, but that doesn't mean she deserves jail-time.

Seems reasonable

Any way you look at it, it was an accident
She is a bad police officer and choked under pressure

Let her spend a year in jail to reflect on her mistake

This hardly seems fair for murder BUT it is a step in the right direction. Not all that long ago she would still be a police officer on the street.
Given the magnitude of the error, her career in law enforcement would have been over for some time now.

Last edited:
Disgraceful. Unless she serves it in maximum security's general population-with "BAD COP" branded on her face-this is a travesty.

Man, you are one vindictive prick. This is a tragedy all around. Potter is a person who, no doubt, set out to do good in her life, only to have it all turn to ashes.

1. Being a cop, I think we should go easier on her than we would someone else who murdered someone. It's a tough job. If they fuck up, I'm glad they don't get a totally free pass but I also don't want them to spend the rest of their lives in jail, unless it was proven she did it on purpose?

2. 2 years is a long time in prison. If we are talking about punishing her. Trust me, she will have learned her lesson after 1 week.

3. Would you prefer a life sentence or to execute her? Do you think she should never walk free ever again? I watch too many shows like the First 48 where cold blooded MURDERERS only get 10 years. I'd lock them away for life. Because I'm afraid of them. I'm not afraid this woman will get out and murder again.

4. She thought it was a taser. If you can't prove she's lying, why would you assume she's lying? Does she have a history I don't know about?

1. Being a cop, I think we should go easier on her than we would someone else who murdered someone. It's a tough job. If they fuck up, I'm glad they don't get a totally free pass but I also don't want them to spend the rest of their lives in jail, unless it was proven she did it on purpose?

2. 2 years is a long time in prison. If we are talking about punishing her. Trust me, she will have learned her lesson after 1 week.

3. Would you prefer a life sentence or to execute her? Do you think she should never walk free ever again? I watch too many shows like the First 48 where cold blooded MURDERERS only get 10 years. I'd lock them away for life. Because I'm afraid of them. I'm not afraid this woman will get out and murder again.

4. She thought it was a taser. If you can't prove she's lying, why would you assume she's lying? Does she have a history I don't know about?

She ain't gonna be in Gen Pop, that's for sure, even if in a minimum security prison.

It was stupid to convict her of 2nd degree [correction: 1st degree manslaughter] murder. If those morons would have went for negligent homicide, she would have gotten more time. This is what they get for over charging her.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back