Kushner lied numerous times to get security clearance, sparks outrage

This is going way too far, imo. I think the reason these guys didn't disclose their meetings with these foreign officials is because they forgot because they are involved in international activities and meet with lots of foreign people on a regular basis. The Sessions thing was absurd. It's like asking the Schwann man if he's ever met with an overweight housewife. If he forgets to list one, he should be fired?
you'd be wrong on this...

because it was a matter of days....60 or so, from their last meetings and the questionnaire asked for ANY International meetings...not just Russians....but the Russian meetings were the ones INTENTIONALLY left off, in the midst of Russia and Trump campaign being an issue....

it wasn't absentmindedness oldlady... truly, it wasn't....
Thanks. In that case, it could be suspicious.
the burning question is WHY LIE? And ALL lying about the same thing?

there was nothing illegal done, as far as I can tell....each person could have explained such...????
Did Kushner not think of these bank businessmen as "officials of a foreign government" ?? Leadership in Russia is so entangled with big business that it's hard to tell. That's the only thing I can guess. He did say (I'm referring to the Times article linked in the OP) that he was planning to give them more details of the extensive meetings he had with foreign officials as part of his "job."

It's possible they thought they were answering the questions honestly, like Sessions did. The NYT article linked in the OP says Kushner wrote saying he was going to supply more information on the many foreign contacts he had.

You know that we come at this issue from different angles. I still think it is primarily Democratic "payback" for all the ad nauseum investigations (read harrassment) of Benghazi. Democrats are cheerfully willing to admit it, too. They didn't mind doing tit for tat when it came to shooting themselves in the foot over the SCOTUS nomination and they are willing to do it here.

I've been rolling my eyes at all this Russian stuff for awhile; it's a lot of political noise imo. I'm certainly interested in what the FBI finds, but I don't think IF there was some back room collusion that we will ever have actual evidence of it. It was done informally, if done at all, while the boys were out spittin' 'baccy in the garage, and the only people that will ever know are the people involved. That's what I think is going on here.
I don't know what he was thinking? I just found another article on it, and this says he put nothing down on the form even though he had a meeting with the Russian ambassador less than a month before filing his security papers, but the next day, his Lawyer called the govt telling them Jared needed to file an amendment because he did meet with the Russians, and would do so when he is interviewed by the FBI on the Russian interference investigation...

And his lawyer, is Jamie Gorelick, the Democratic asst attorney general under Bill Clinton, who was blamed by right wingers for building a WALL between intelligence agencies which caused 9/11 to happen....yadahdahdahdahdah
Kushner omits contacts with Russian officials in application for security clearance
In seeking a top-secret government security clearance, Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, failed to report dozens of contacts with foreign officials, according to a Thursday New York Times report.

The contacts included meetings with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak and the head of a Russian state-owned bank, Vnesheconombank, both of which took place in December.

The security clearance questionnaire leaked to The Times requires that those applying for access to top-secret national security information report all communications with foreign government officials over the previous 7 years.

Kushner's lawyer, Jamie Gorelick, called the omissions an error and said that Kushner told the FBI the day after he submitted the form on January 18 that he would provide the agency with additional information.

According to Gorelick, Kushner told the FBI: "During the presidential campaign and transition period, I served as a point-of-contact for foreign officials trying to reach the president-elect. I had numerous contacts with foreign officials in this capacity. … I would be happy to provide additional information about these contacts."

Kushner has been granted an interim security clearance — Gorelick says Kushner will provide the FBI with complete information regarding his contacts when the agency interviews him.

While the security questionnaire states that "withholding, misrepresenting, or falsifying information" could lead to the loss of clearance, denial of a job, or prosecution, applicants are often permitted to amend the forms and avoid adverse consequences if the omissions are determined to be unintentional.

The fact that Kushner failed to report meetings with Russian officials is notable given the ongoing congressional and FBI investigations into relations between Trump associates and Russian officials.

The Senate Intelligence Committee announced in late March that it is planning to question Kushner about the meetings with Kislyak and the bank head as part of its broader investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and the possibility that Trump's associates colluded with Russia.

Vnesheconombank is under US sanctions imposed by the Obama administration following Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea and attacks in Ukraine.

This is not the first time Trump's top advisers have failed to report their communications with Russian officials. Earlier this year, Trump's national security adviser, Michael Flynn, resigned when it became clear he had discussed sanctions with Kislyak and misrepresented those conversations to Vice President Mike Pence.

In March, Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from overseeing Russia-related investigations after reports surfaced that said Sessions met with Kislyak during the campaign — meetings he did not disclose to Congress.

And his lawyer, is Jamie Gorelick, the Democratic asst attorney general under Bill Clinton,

Oh God.

Donald, get rid of your son in law now. What a choice for an attorney. GEEZ.............................

Gorelick fit right in with the whole "Clinton crowd."

This is going way too far, imo. I think the reason these guys didn't disclose their meetings with these foreign officials is because they forgot because they are involved in international activities and meet with lots of foreign people on a regular basis. The Sessions thing was absurd. It's like asking the Schwann man if he's ever met with an overweight housewife. If he forgets to list one, he should be fired?

because it was a matter of days....60 or so, from their last meetings and the questionnaire asked for ANY International meetings...not just Russians....but the Russian meetings were the ones INTENTIONALLY left off, in the midst of Russia and Trump campaign being an issue....

there was nothing illegal done, as far as I can tell....each person could have explained such...????
Did Kushner not think of these bank businessmen as "officials of a foreign government" ?? Leadership in Russia is so entangled with big business that it's hard to tell. That's the only thing I can guess. He did say (I'm referring to the Times article linked in the OP) that he was planning to give them more details of the extensive meetings he had with foreign officials as part of his "job."

It's possible they thought they were answering the questions honestly, like Sessions did. The NYT article linked in the OP says Kushner wrote saying he was going to supply more information on the many foreign contacts he had.

You know that we come at this issue from different angles. I still think it is primarily Democratic "payback" for all the ad nauseum investigations (read harrassment) of Benghazi. Democrats are cheerfully willing to admit it, too. They didn't mind doing tit for tat when it came to shooting themselves in the foot over the SCOTUS nomination and they are willing to do it here.

I've been rolling my eyes at all this Russian stuff for awhile; it's a lot of political noise imo. I'm certainly interested in what the FBI finds, but I don't think IF there was some back room collusion that we will ever have actual evidence of it. It was done informally, if done at all, while the boys were out spittin' 'baccy in the garage, and the only people that will ever know are the people involved. That's what I think is going on here.
I don't know what he was thinking? I just found another article on it, and this says he put nothing down on the form even though he had a meeting with the Russian ambassador less than a month before filing his security papers, but the next day, his Lawyer called the govt telling them Jared needed to file an amendment because he did meet with the Russians, and would do so when he is interviewed by the FBI on the Russian interference investigation...

And his lawyer, is Jamie Gorelick, the Democratic asst attorney general under Bill Clinton, who was blamed by right wingers for building a WALL between intelligence agencies which caused 9/11 to happen....yadahdahdahdahdah
Kushner omits contacts with Russian officials in application for security clearance
In seeking a top-secret government security clearance, Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, failed to report dozens of contacts with foreign officials, according to a Thursday New York Times report.

The contacts included meetings with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak and the head of a Russian state-owned bank, Vnesheconombank, both of which took place in December.

The security clearance questionnaire leaked to The Times requires that those applying for access to top-secret national security information report all communications with foreign government officials over the previous 7 years.

Kushner's lawyer, Jamie Gorelick, called the omissions an error and said that Kushner told the FBI the day after he submitted the form on January 18 that he would provide the agency with additional information.

According to Gorelick, Kushner told the FBI: "During the presidential campaign and transition period, I served as a point-of-contact for foreign officials trying to reach the president-elect. I had numerous contacts with foreign officials in this capacity. … I would be happy to provide additional information about these contacts."

Kushner has been granted an interim security clearance — Gorelick says Kushner will provide the FBI with complete information regarding his contacts when the agency interviews him.

While the security questionnaire states that "withholding, misrepresenting, or falsifying information" could lead to the loss of clearance, denial of a job, or prosecution, applicants are often permitted to amend the forms and avoid adverse consequences if the omissions are determined to be unintentional.

The fact that Kushner failed to report meetings with Russian officials is notable given the ongoing congressional and FBI investigations into relations between Trump associates and Russian officials.

The Senate Intelligence Committee announced in late March that it is planning to question Kushner about the meetings with Kislyak and the bank head as part of its broader investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and the possibility that Trump's associates colluded with Russia.

Vnesheconombank is under US sanctions imposed by the Obama administration following Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea and attacks in Ukraine.

This is not the first time Trump's top advisers have failed to report their communications with Russian officials. Earlier this year, Trump's national security adviser, Michael Flynn, resigned when it became clear he had discussed sanctions with Kislyak and misrepresented those conversations to Vice President Mike Pence.

In March, Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from overseeing Russia-related investigations after reports surfaced that said Sessions met with Kislyak during the campaign — meetings he did not disclose to Congress.
the next day, his Lawyer called the govt telling them Jared needed to file an amendment because he did meet with the Russians, and would do so when he is interviewed by the FBI on the Russian interference investigation...

Ahhhh....as a businesswoman, you're probably familiar with this. Kushner has been advised to "lawyer up" due to the FBI investigation. Doesn't it sound that way to you?

Turns out Jared Kushner lied on his security clearance application about any meetings he had with the Russians....

so now we have at minimum 3, who lied under oath....Flynn, Sessions, and Kushner.....

WHY OH WHY HAVE THEY ALL CHOSEN TO LIE?

Don't you find that really weird? Something just ain;t right with this picture....

Democrats want Jared Kushner’s security clearance suspended

In their statement, the lawmakers note, "The fact that Kushner is President Trump's son-in-law does not place him above the law. Anyone else would face severe discipline for failing to disclose meetings with foreign officials, a material omission which potentially amounts to a criminal offense."

Beyer, House Democrats Call For Suspension Of Jared Kushner’s Security Clearance For Failing To Disclose Meetings With Foreign Officials

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/us/politics/jared-kushner-russians-security-clearance.html?_r=0

Can you quote the statements he made that were lies?
06kushner-tear-master675.png

He did not disclose, under penalty of law, his contacts with the Russians....

The questionnaire specifically states that all contacts with foreigners, even if for personal / business must be listed....for the past 7 years.

the next day, his Lawyer called the govt telling them Jared needed to file an amendment because he did meet with the Russians, and would do so when he is interviewed by the FBI on the Russian interference investigation...

Ahhhh....as a businesswoman, you're probably familiar with this. Kushner has been advised to "lawyer up" due to the FBI investigation. Doesn't it sound that way to you?
Orrrr, the day after he applied for National Security Clearance the Trump campaign was notified that Flynn lied about his talks with the Russian Ambassador....so he KNEW he then had to lawyer up and his lawyer went to cover his ass....

sorry to be so cynical.....but I am checking it out now, to see what date he filed for the clearance and what day the Attorney General Yates notified the Trump team...

If President Trump hadn't kept saying none of his Campaign team had any contacts with the Russians of which we have the countless times of him saying such on video.... then maybe there could have been simply a coincidence between the 3 people on his team all lying about the same thing....

but my inner gumshoe, tells me otherwise.

Drumpf and his family of rats remind one of Saddam Hussein with Uday and Qusay. We have a third world wannabe dictator who wants more than anything to make sure his offspring remain in government and control things in the future.

And the Republican'ts do nothing. It's time for you people to stop pretending you are Americans.

Orrrr, the day after he applied for National Security Clearance the Trump campaign was notified that Flynn lied about his talks with the Russian Ambassador....so he KNEW he then had to lawyer up and his lawyer went to cover his ass....

sorry to be so cynical.....but I am checking it out now, to see what date he filed for the clearance and what day the Attorney General Yates notified the Trump team...

If President Trump hadn't kept saying none of his Campaign team had any contacts with the Russians of which we have the countless times of him saying such on video.... then maybe there could have been simply a coincidence between the 3 people on his team all lying about the same thing....

I'm willing to go with your inner gumshoe. I'm sure it's smarter than mine.

I found this, which is the day Jared's lawyer called the govt, Jan 19th, to change his STORY on foreign meetings on his security application,

Before the Pence statement on Jan. 15, top Justice Department and intelligence officials had discussed whether the incoming Trump White House should be notified about the contents of the Flynn-Kislyak communications.

Pence’s statement on CBS made the issue more urgent, current and former officials said, because U.S. intelligence agencies had reason to believe that Russia was aware that Flynn and Kislyak had discussed sanctions in their December call, contrary to public statements.

The internal debate over how to handle the intelligence on Flynn and Kislyak came to a head on Jan. 19, Obama’s last full day in office.

Yates, Clapper and Brennan argued for briefing the incoming administration so the new president could decide how to deal with the matter. The officials discussed options, including telling Pence, the incoming White House counsel, the incoming chief of staff or Trump himself.

FBI Director James B. Comey initially opposed notification, citing concerns that it could complicate the agency’s investigation.

Justice Department warned White House that Flynn could be vulnerable to Russian blackmail, officials say

Turns out Jared Kushner lied on his security clearance application about any meetings he had with the Russians....

so now we have at minimum 3, who lied under oath....Flynn, Sessions, and Kushner.....

WHY OH WHY HAVE THEY ALL CHOSEN TO LIE?

Don't you find that really weird? Something just ain;t right with this picture....

Democrats want Jared Kushner’s security clearance suspended

In their statement, the lawmakers note, "The fact that Kushner is President Trump's son-in-law does not place him above the law. Anyone else would face severe discipline for failing to disclose meetings with foreign officials, a material omission which potentially amounts to a criminal offense."

Beyer, House Democrats Call For Suspension Of Jared Kushner’s Security Clearance For Failing To Disclose Meetings With Foreign Officials

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/us/politics/jared-kushner-russians-security-clearance.html?_r=0

Can you quote the statements he made that were lies?
06kushner-tear-master675.png

He did not disclose, under penalty of law, his contacts with the Russians....

The questionnaire specifically states that all contacts with foreigners, even if for personal / business must be listed....for the past 7 years.

Nope, it refers only to meetings with representatives of a foreign government. Personal / business don't fit the description.

Forum List

Back