Kushner Loses Top Secret Security Clearance

This is apparently why Kushner doesn't have a permanent security clearance.

Foreign officials discussed manipulating Kushner via his business arrangements, U.S. officials say
Try a link that works. But off the top of my head, did those foreign officials ask his permission? What kind of control would Kushner have over anything like that?

Link doesn't work for you? Funny, it works for me. But, since you're having problems and can't get it to work for you and I'm feeling generous, let me help you out..................

From the link you can't get to work...........................

Officials in at least four countries have privately discussed ways they can manipulate Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, by taking advantage of his complex business arrangements, financial difficulties and lack of foreign policy experience, according to current and former U.S. officials familiar with intelligence reports on the matter.

Among those nations discussing ways to influence Kushner to their advantage were the United Arab Emirates, China, Israel and Mexico, the current and former officials said.

It is unclear if any of those countries acted on the discussions, but Kushner’s contacts with certain foreign government officials have raised concerns inside the White House and are a reason he has been unable to obtain a permanent security clearance, the officials said.

Kushner’s interim security clearance was downgraded last week from the top-secret to the secret level, which should restrict the regular access he has had to highly-classified information, according to administration officials.

If Kushner can be manipulated financially, he can be compromised by other countries. THAT is the problem he is currently having.
Did you read what I said? I said Kushner does not control those circumstances.

Kushner may not have any control over whether or not other countries try to manipulate him, but BECAUSE he can possibly be manipulated is why he shouldn't have a security clearance. The reason an investigation is done on people who need security clearances is to make sure that they can't be leveraged, blackmailed, or manipulated into selling state secrets.

If you have crappy credit and are in the military, they will deny you a security clearance because you could be manipulated by money and talked into selling secrets.

I understand that. What has he done to make whoever think that he can? Surely some people in that position have had a lot of money. What test did they pass?

they passed the *i'm not desperate to save this white elephant building that i overpaid for and now stand to lose unless i can find some foreign asshat to lend me a billion dollars* test.

they also passed the *i don't meet with foreign officials without telling anyone* test

the *i didn't try to set up a secret comms channel with the russians* test

the *my dad's not a convicted felon* test

the *my family isn't trying to sell visas along with the condo* test

the *i didn't have to amend my application five times because i forgot to mention over 100 meetings with foreigners* test

and last, but not least the *i actually know what the fuck i'm doing* test.

now you know :thup:

He’s not the only one.

He has been downgraded from SCI (sensitive compartmented information) access to Secret level, according to the publication.

All other White House aides working on high-level interim clearances also had their access downgraded, according to a memo reportedly sent to staffers on Friday. Earlier that same day, Trump said he would leave it up to his chief of staff, John Kelly, to decide what access Kushner should have.

“General Kelly respects Jared a lot and General Kelly will make that call,” Trump said at a joint news conference with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull at the time.

Kushner no longer receives the President’s Daily Brief, Reuters reports. His access to the highly classified intelligence briefing has been cut off in the past few weeks, sources told the news service.

Kushner is reportedly accepting the decision and “will not ask for special permission” from the president, according to CNN.

DOWNGRADED!

Kushner loses access to top-secret intelligence

It's about time. What took so long? Why does he still have a "secret" security clearance. I'm sure Mueller knows a lot of heavy stuff about all of this.

There's all that stuff about Hillary's classified info on the internet and how certain people might be able to read it, Republicans cause a furor.

Now you've had people without the right security clearance reading this stuff, and they don't care.

He’s not the only one.

He has been downgraded from SCI (sensitive compartmented information) access to Secret level, according to the publication.

All other White House aides working on high-level interim clearances also had their access downgraded, according to a memo reportedly sent to staffers on Friday. Earlier that same day, Trump said he would leave it up to his chief of staff, John Kelly, to decide what access Kushner should have.

“General Kelly respects Jared a lot and General Kelly will make that call,” Trump said at a joint news conference with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull at the time.

Kushner no longer receives the President’s Daily Brief, Reuters reports. His access to the highly classified intelligence briefing has been cut off in the past few weeks, sources told the news service.

Kushner is reportedly accepting the decision and “will not ask for special permission” from the president, according to CNN.

DOWNGRADED!

It's about time. What took so long? Why does he still have a "secret" security clearance. I'm sure Mueller knows a lot of heavy stuff about all of this.

There's all that stuff about Hillary's classified info on the internet and how certain people might be able to read it, Republicans cause a furor.

Now you've had people without the right security clearance reading this stuff, and they don't care.

well, you see

that's different because benghazi

He’s not the only one.

DOWNGRADED!

well, you see

that's different because benghazi

No, I don't see.

A BIG hit on Kelly for allowing Kushner access to information he was not cleared to obtain, but a huge hit on the Orange Turd for allowing it at all. POTUS failed to follow his Oath of Office...an impeachable offense!

It is my understanding that the POTUS can give anyone he wants clearance to look at whatever he wants, no matter what their official clearance is. I could be mistaken, but I think it is correct

Not if Trump is violating nepotism laws, which he has done from Day 1 of his Presidency.

Which law is that?

him being in the white house at all is already a violation of federal law.
Name the law, or retract your statement.

STFU you braindead lowlife....

5 U.S. Code § 3110 - Employment of relatives; restrictions

learn something... .anything. or go away.
This applies to appointments to an agency. Did you even read it? It does not apply to personal advisors.
She is embarrassing herself.:04:

No, she's not. Whether or not it's a violation of the law is almost irrelevant. It's unethical as hell for Trump to employ his relatives in top White House positions. Not that a worthless Repug like you gives a fuck about unethical behavior.
You mean like how John Kennedy appointed Robert Kennedy as Attorney General?

Try a link that works. But off the top of my head, did those foreign officials ask his permission? What kind of control would Kushner have over anything like that?

Link doesn't work for you? Funny, it works for me. But, since you're having problems and can't get it to work for you and I'm feeling generous, let me help you out..................

From the link you can't get to work...........................

Officials in at least four countries have privately discussed ways they can manipulate Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, by taking advantage of his complex business arrangements, financial difficulties and lack of foreign policy experience, according to current and former U.S. officials familiar with intelligence reports on the matter.

Among those nations discussing ways to influence Kushner to their advantage were the United Arab Emirates, China, Israel and Mexico, the current and former officials said.

It is unclear if any of those countries acted on the discussions, but Kushner’s contacts with certain foreign government officials have raised concerns inside the White House and are a reason he has been unable to obtain a permanent security clearance, the officials said.

Kushner’s interim security clearance was downgraded last week from the top-secret to the secret level, which should restrict the regular access he has had to highly-classified information, according to administration officials.

If Kushner can be manipulated financially, he can be compromised by other countries. THAT is the problem he is currently having.
Did you read what I said? I said Kushner does not control those circumstances.

Kushner may not have any control over whether or not other countries try to manipulate him, but BECAUSE he can possibly be manipulated is why he shouldn't have a security clearance. The reason an investigation is done on people who need security clearances is to make sure that they can't be leveraged, blackmailed, or manipulated into selling state secrets.

If you have crappy credit and are in the military, they will deny you a security clearance because you could be manipulated by money and talked into selling secrets.

I understand that. What has he done to make whoever think that he can? Surely some people in that position have had a lot of money. What test did they pass?

they passed the *i'm not desperate to save this white elephant building that i overpaid for and now stand to lose unless i can find some foreign asshat to lend me a billion dollars* test.

they also passed the *i don't meet with foreign officials without telling anyone* test

the *i didn't try to set up a secret comms channel with the russians* test

the *my dad's not a convicted felon* test

the *my family isn't trying to sell visas along with the condo* test

the *i didn't have to amend my application five times because i forgot to mention over 100 meetings with foreigners* test

and last, but not least the *i actually know what the fuck i'm doing* test.

now you know :thup:
If it makes you feel better Trump will get it done without him.

This applies to appointments to an agency. Did you even read it? It does not apply to personal advisors.

No, she's not. Whether or not it's a violation of the law is almost irrelevant. It's unethical as hell for Trump to employ his relatives in top White House positions. Not that a worthless Repug like you gives a fuck about unethical behavior.
Hoffa turned down the job.

That would be a little different since as the AG he had to go through confirmation hearings. No one in the Trump family has done that.

Why does anyone care? I mean, it's not like he sent Top Secret Secure Compartmented information via unsecured email on a home brewed server in his house bathroom. And liberals wanted to make a person that did just that President of the United States.

Why does anyone care? I mean, it's not like he sent Top Secret Secure Compartmented information via unsecured email on a home brewed server in his house bathroom. And liberals wanted to make a person that did just that President of the United States.
It is the still lefty leaning FBI up to its old tricks.

and fuckwit cons have no problem with trump totally ignoring security, by among other things, just giving it to the russians in the white house

i'd say you're a hypocrite :thup:

own it

Anything that President Trump chooses to share with Jared Kushner (or anyone else) is automatically declassified to whatever level of clearance that Kushner possesses. AND Trump can grant Kushner (or anyone else) any security clearance he chooses.

Sorry leftwingnutjobs......

and fuckwit cons have no problem with trump totally ignoring security, by among other things, just giving it to the russians in the white house

i'd say you're a hypocrite :thup:

own it
Trump is ignoring nothing. You guys have been outsmarted. As it becomes more clear remember what you said about him it will not make you look very good.

Forum List

Back