Kyle Rittenhouse is doing well

the only problem is Rittenhouse did not ACT in a vigilante manner. He may well have gone there with the intent of being a hero but in the end his intent is irrelevant
I disagree. I truly believe Kyle Rittenhouse WENT LOOKING for a fight. He just didn’t think it through very well and when it went sideways he panicked. The fact that he (in my opinion) went looking for a fight makes him just as much a murderer as I believe a drunk driver is.

They knowingly put themselves in a position to potentially cause harm. That will always make them murderous in my mind, regardless of what the law says.

I disagree. I truly believe Kyle Rittenhouse WENT LOOKING for a fight. He just didn’t think it through very well and when it went sideways he panicked. The fact that he (in my opinion) went looking for a fight makes him just as much a murderer as I believe a drunk driver is.

They knowingly put themselves in a position to potentially cause harm. That will always make them murderous in my mind, regardless of what the law says.
When a drunk driver causes a death it is not dependant on the actions of others. In this case he did not shoot anyone until they attacked him.

Massive diference and was still self defense

When a drunk driver causes a death it is not dependant on the actions of others. In this case he did not shoot anyone until they attacked him
HE WENT LOOKING FOR A FIGHT. When he found it he realized he was in over his head.. if this had been fists rather than guns the police would call it “mutual combat” and tell both parties to grow the fuck up. Unfortunately guns were involved and someone ended up dead. Someone needs to be held responsible for thst death.
Massive diference and was still self defense
As a second amendment supporter and strong believer in reasonable self-defense; I will never agree that Kyle’s actions were self defense.

HE WENT LOOKING FOR A FIGHT. When he found it he realized he was in over his head.. if this had been fists rather than guns the police would call it “mutual combat” and tell both parties to grow the fuck up. Unfortunately guns were involved and someone ended up dead. Someone needs to be held responsible for thst death.

As a second amendment supporter and strong believer in reasonable self-defense; I will never agree that Kyle’s actions were self defense.
No matter how many times you repeat that, it's still wrong.

He may have been looking for one originally but in fact no one picked a fight with him they attacked him with lethal intent

Isn’t that exactly how one defines a “fight”?
Maybe some people but not all

Many or perhaps most people define a fight as a conflict started by both opponents. Rittenhouse did not try to start this even if he hoped for it. They did

Many or perhaps most people define a fight as a conflict started by both opponents. Rittenhouse did not try to start this even if he hoped for it. They did
Who starts the conflict is largely insignificant in most cases. As my father used to say… It takes two parties to make a fight. I would suggest he was as much at fault via the provocation of carrying the semi-auto rifle in plain sight. To suggest Kyle gas no culpability in this is silly in my mind.

Being armed is not looking for a fight, it is being prepared if someone else starts one.

Kyle instigated no lawbreaking. Kyle instigated no violence.

Being armed is not looking for a fight, it is being prepared if someone else starts one
When it comes to open carry I disagree vehemently. When it comes to going somewhere you don’t need to be to “assist” in the defense of a property you have no legal attachment to, I disagree as well. Especially when you know there is likely to be a civil disturbance.

Your nonsense claim is that irrelevant information should have been included at trial.

If it was irrelevant, why keep it out?

Isn’t Kyle the one who fired his gun at some thugs who were busy trying to kill him? And weren’t we assured by many libs at the time of his trial that Kyle was gonna go to prison?

We didn't think a racist judge would tank the proceedings.

If it was irrelevant, why keep it out?

We didn't think a racist judge would tank the proceedings.
It was irrelevant. Irrelevant means “not pertaining to”. Try to understand the terms you use.

Leftist hacks sure like the racist™, slogan. It’s a multi-utility slogan used when your feelings are hurt and you cant defend your pointless claims.

You don’t think, period.

And to clarify, there is absolutely no basis at all for your asinine and false claim that the judge was “racist.”

It was also an obvious case of self defense.

Uh, no, shooting two unarmed people in self defense after YOU instigated the problem by showing up to a peaceful demonstration with a weapon is not "self-defense", dummy.

It was irrelevant. Irrelevant means “not pertaining to”. Try to understand the terms you use.

It was completely relevant. If he was a racist bad apple looking for a fight, and he found one, that's pretty relevant.

There was plenty of evidence that was the case, and Judge Senile blocked it.

Uh, no, shooting two unarmed people in self defense after YOU instigated the problem by showing up to a peaceful demonstration with a weapon is not "self-defense", dummy.

It was completely relevant. If he was a racist bad apple looking for a fight, and he found one, that's pretty relevant.

There was plenty of evidence that was the case, and Judge Senile blocked it.
You insist on making your racist ideology an interference in the legal system.

Your wailing about irrelevant information you insist should have been a part of trial evidence is just meaningless appeals to ignorance of the court proceedings and the standards of evidence.

It was also an obvious case of self defense.
No it wasn’t. It was a case of a little boy going somewhere he never should have been so he could play “action hero” for one night. He didn’t expect to get himself in as far over his head as he did and that led to him doing something that he can never undo or make right; no matter what a jury says about it.

You insist on making your racist ideology an interference in the legal system.

Your wailing about irrelevant information you insist should have been a part of trial evidence is just meaningless appeals to ignorance of the court proceedings and the standards of evidence.

Except this was very relevant.

Kyle hung out with racist Proud boys and was on tape wistfully wishing he could shoot a black man.

So, that's kind of relevant to his state of mind when he showed up to a race riot with a semi-automatic weapon.

Forum List

Back