Kyle Rittenhouse: Teen's homicide trial for Kenosha shootings opens with jury selection

Then again, these days, the last thing a school is going to allow is children bringing guns to school.
I did...target shooting was an elective. But I don't think that they do it anymore. I got hunter safety certified at 13. Of course you don't bring guns to English class...duh...that was a rule too. We kept them locked in a locker in a locked room on campus. I always sweated the tape with our names on them. (Didn't want it to make a mark on the stock)
Some drove themselves to school so they kept them in their cars.

Wasn't a big deal...it was just a rifle. Ammunition was much more expensive then. (By comparison) but usually we had someone's father who had all the reloading supplies so it came out cheaper.

But since that time school gangs in your big cities and all the narcotics have changed things a lot. But hunter safety certifications and gun safety doesn't need real guns...just dummy guns. (Teacher was a militant prick but we were just teenagers so it was pretty much justified) but mostly we behaved well Because of the seriousness of the class...this WAS definitely stuff we needed to know. So we paid attention and did as we were told.

I did...target shooting was an elective. But I don't think that they do it anymore. I got hunter safety certified at 13. Of course you don't bring guns to English class...duh...that was a rule too. We kept them locked in a locker in a locked room on campus. I always sweated the tape with our names on them. (Didn't want it to make a mark on the stock)
Some drove themselves to school so they kept them in their cars.

Wasn't a big deal...it was just a rifle. Ammunition was much more expensive then. (By comparison) but usually we had someone's father who had all the reloading supplies so it came out cheaper.

But since that time school gangs in your big cities and all the narcotics have changed things a lot. But hunter safety certifications and gun safety doesn't need real guns...just dummy guns. (Teacher was a militant prick but we were just teenagers so it was pretty much justified) but mostly we behaved well Because of the seriousness of the class...this WAS definitely stuff we needed to know. So we paid attention and did as we were told.

And how old are you?

Just because you did something back in the 60's or the 70's doesn't mean it's going to be done today.

There's no course of instruction, which is even remotely similar to what you've suggested, that has, so far as I can tell, ever been offered at Rittenhouse's high school...

And how old are you?

Just because you did something back in the 60's or the 70's doesn't mean it's going to be done today.

There's no course of instruction, which is even remotely similar to what you've suggested, that has, so far as I can tell, ever been offered at Rittenhouse's high school...
Well I ain't some idiot millennial who doesn't understand how things work. I haven't created a fantasy world I live in that cancels out anyone who doesn't use the right pronouns because I believe that I'm a unicorn that shits rainbows.

I'm actually a sane happy individual who actually cares about the community I live in. Who knows better than to taunt or attack a 17 year old carrying an AR-15 for protection in the middle of a riot and then whine about it later.

Logical and deductive reasoning would tell anyone that nothing good was going to come out of that situation...but Felons and urbanites obviously have issues with logic.

Well I ain't some idiot millennial who doesn't understand how things work. I haven't created a fantasy world I live in that cancels out anyone who doesn't use the right pronouns because I believe that I'm a unicorn that shits rainbows.

I'm actually a sane happy individual who actually cares about the community I live in. Who knows better than to taunt or attack a 17 year old carrying an AR-15 for protection in the middle of a riot and then whine about it later.

Logical and deductive reasoning would tell anyone that nothing good was going to come out of that situation...but Felons and urbanites obviously have issues with logic.

Your acknowledgement that no such course of instruction exists, despite your assertion that it's common, is noted, even if you can't bring yourself to admit that you were wrong...

And how old are you?

Then it tells you with all of the resources spent and the changes in our society, the deconstructing of our civilization is real at this point as civility is being reduced more and more.

Rittenhouse got pulled for driving without a license a week before he killed those people.. He lied about being an EMT. He is a HS drop out. After the shootings he ran home ... he didn't run to the police.

IMO he's a Karen with a rifle.

Then it tells you with all of the resources spent and the changes in our society, the deconstructing of our civilization is real at this point as civility is being reduced more and more.

That's true.. Civility has been on the wane since 2016.

Um... what are you talking about?

Um... what are you talking about?

A Timeline of the Kyle Rittenhouse Case - The New York Times
Nov 01, 2021 · A Timeline of the Kyle Rittenhouse Shootings and His Trial George Floyd is killed by the police and protests spread across the U.S.. Protests erupted in Minneapolis and other... Jacob Blake, a Black Kenosha resident, is shot several times by a white officer.. Jacob Blake, a Black Kenosha ...

Rittenhouse got pulled for driving without a license a week before he killed those people.. He lied about being an EMT. He is a HS drop out. After the shootings he ran home ... he didn't run to the police.

IMO he's a Karen with a rifle.
Never heard anything even remotely close to anything of what you are talking about...and I've searched several times for detractors. In fact I've heard exactly why he and his sister got a GED instead of a normal graduation...and it had mostly to do with the bullying of his sister, whom he defended, and then the bullies targeted him because his sister got out by means of a GED.

A Timeline of the Kyle Rittenhouse Case - The New York Times
Nov 01, 2021 · A Timeline of the Kyle Rittenhouse Shootings and His Trial George Floyd is killed by the police and protests spread across the U.S.. Protests erupted in Minneapolis and other... Jacob Blake, a Black Kenosha resident, is shot several times by a white officer.. Jacob Blake, a Black Kenosha ...
Where the NYT article has some truth, it's a highly slanted article with obvious agendas that twist the truth and take quotes out of context to prove their agenda.

Where the NYT article has some truth, it's a highly slanted article with obvious agendas that twist the truth and take quotes out of context to prove their agenda.

I am surprised you are opposing accountability. That's Trump's lifetime theme and its really destructive. Rittenhouse should have plead guilty and asked for mercy.. His lawyers are using his arrogance and stupidity.

Your acknowledgement that no such course of instruction exists, despite your assertion that it's common, is noted, even if you can't bring yourself to admit that you were wrong...
Ummm
They don't even have band classes anymore...much less metal shop, welding, cooking, daycare (early childhood development), animal husbandry, or woodworking classes anymore...of course they likely don't have archery or firearm target shooting anymore either. But that doesn't mean that they don't have these things as after school curriculum or clubs either...all advertised and recruiting taking place at the school...and encouraged by a lot of people.

I am surprised you are opposing accountability. That's Trump's lifetime theme and its really destructive. Rittenhouse should have plead guilty and asked for mercy.. His lawyers are using his arrogance and stupidity.

Well if I was his parent he wouldn't have been there or thinking it was acceptable to be a part of. But I'm not his parent...other parents mileage will vary.

But I would be in the exact same camp as his lawyers and legal team is currently. It was obviously self defense but his mere presence was agitating to the violent thugs.
And his self isolation from the others he was standing guard with was a huge gross mistake of judgement. Because he inadvertently gave the thugs what they perceived as an opportunity to attack him.

That's the personal responsibility he has in the matter. He also has to own that he killed two people and permanently maimed a third. (In self defense) And I'm sure that at some point he will understand how things could have gone differently and more felons could still be alive today if he had done things differently.
Jail is used when someone needs to be removed from society to better appreciate being a part of it. And exactly what is jail time going to do for Kyle? What kind of message is it going to send to rioters?

Protests and demonstrations are one thing...rioting, burning, looting and vandalism are another...one we never care about and are protected speech...the other needs to have it's participants shot on sight.

I've read exactly nothing which speaks to any firearms training he received. It seems as though the gun was an impulse purchase, so I doubt that he had any real training whatsoever on that weapon...
Which makes his two Communist KIAs and one WIA even the more impressive.

I've read exactly nothing which speaks to any firearms training he received. It seems as though the gun was an impulse purchase, so I doubt that he had any real training whatsoever on that weapon...

Considering how well he handled himself, I find that hard to believe.

if he was just operating off of his gaming experience, those are some high quality products.

No. You don’t. All you have to do is imagine yourself in a very fast moving volatile situation where shots have been fired and some is yelling active shooter. I watched the videos. I saw Grosskreutz backing off when he was shot by an inexperienced scared kid.
That "inexperienced and scared kid" did a lot better than a lot of trained Police Officers have done under LESS stressful circumstances. He only shot at people who were an imminent threat to him. Most people under the same circumstances would have shot unarmed bystanders, or missed with most of their rounds.

That "inexperienced and scared kid" did a lot better than a lot of trained Police Officers have done under LESS stressful circumstances. He only shot at people who were an imminent threat to him. Most people under the same circumstances would have shot unarmed bystanders, or missed with most of their rounds.
Grosskreutz only backed off after he was shot... until that point he was rushing up to Kyle's position with his firearm extended and drawn...and he wasn't even supposed to have possession of one.

False. Rosenbaum was one person chasing Rittenhouse. He alone was not a mob.

Even worse for Rittenhouse... the prosecution claims they have video which will prove it was Rittenhouse, not Rosenbaum, who initiated that confrontation.
If they had it, they would have led with it. You always lead with your strongest evidence. Lawyers ALWAYS lie in their opening and closing arguments because that's the only time they can spout nonsense without proof. I was on a jury once when the prosecution claimed to have ironclad physical proof that the defendant was guilty; somehow that evidence was never presented in the trial and the prosecutor never even mentioned it in his closing argument.

Forum List

Back