Laid Off On Veterans Day, lol,

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
After a month of employment at my new job, I was notified that the DoD section I worked for has decided to implement a hard requirement for a Secret Clearance and Security+ certification. though all my paperwork was in the pipe and I was likely to have my Security+ cert in a couple of weeks, I was let go along with some other new hires.

Well, I gave Trump credit for getting the job, so it is only fair to now say; GAWD DAMN IT TRUMP!

This America isnt so great again yet and I am far from tired of winning yet!

That's bloody awful. Are you going to be ok?
Yeah, I'll be fine. I can use the job on the resume and my former employer is just so apologetic and said she will give me a great reference.

She also has other jobs in the pipeline and promised me she will do her best to get me one of them.

I feel I have demonstrated to myself that I can be hired and keep a job still, despite 4 years of sedentary life sitting on my ass mostly.

Yeah, I'll be fine. I can use the job on the resume and my former employer is just so apologetic and said she will give me a great reference.

She also has other jobs in the pipeline and promised me she will do her best to get me one of them.

I feel I have demonstrated to myself that I can be hired and keep a job still, despite 4 years of sedentary life sitting on my ass mostly.

Even so, one step forward and two steps back sucks. I hope she is able to get you a better job.

Businesses always seem to lay people off at the most convenient time of the year.

"Sorry, but we're going to have to let you go. Enjoy the holiday season."

After a month of employment at my new job, I was notified that the DoD section I worked for has decided to implement a hard requirement for a Secret Clearance and Security+ certification. though all my paperwork was in the pipe and I was likely to have my Security+ cert in a couple of weeks, I was let go along with some other new hires.

Well, I gave Trump credit for getting the job, so it is only fair to now say; GAWD DAMN IT TRUMP!

Maybe it was a candidate for affirmative action that took your job? You know had to fill those quotas? Instead of feeling sorry for yourself like a liberal welfare queen, pick up your bootstraps and look for another job...There are plenty out there...

Good luck to you. It is a rough world looking for employment. I have found employment, but at a lower pay. That is about to be remedied for me. Yours is coming.

Good luck to you. It is a rough world looking for employment. I have found employment, but at a lower pay. That is about to be remedied for me. Yours is coming.
How after 8 years of Obama could it be rough looking for employment?

Maybe it was a candidate for affirmative action that took your job? You know had to fill those quotas? Instead of feeling sorry for yourself like a liberal welfare queen, pick up your bootstraps and look for another job...There are plenty out there...

Is there anything you can't spin into a far right-wing talking point?

"I stubbed my toe on the steps today."

"Ohhhh. I guess the gun grabbers are going to ban steps now."

With everything going on in the world considering secrets and such it does sound as if the government is acting prudently. Although it definitely sucks for you. If they were not following protocol or procedure and now they are, then you really do not have a beef, in my opinion, you do have my sympathy.

How after 8 years of Obama could it be rough looking for employment?

Feel free to try it.

Do you feel its Obama fault?

I feel there are a lot of reasons for the downturn of the economy several years ago.

Shit, sorry to hear that, Jim.

What is really important is Jim (and his family) needs to have health insurance between jobs. Also if needed Snap.

Sorry to hear that, Jim. Wonder if your posting online has anything to do with it? I assume that isn’t taken lightly when seeking a job requiring a security clearance today.

Gosh, that sounds like work.

You know what would be totally awesome? If we took someone we interact with almost daily and turned their life into an opportunity to push our own political agenda.

Assholes.

Forum List

Back