Laid Off On Veterans Day, lol,

You know what would be totally awesome? If we took someone we interact with almost daily and turned their life into an opportunity to push our own political agenda.

Assholes.

Are you referring to me?

The VA healthcare is not available to all Vets. The person either needs to have almost no income and assets or have served during and in a war zone. Anyone who has income or didn't does not get a dime, regardless of time served.

My brother in law gets a full ride, he didn't make it through boot camp, section 8 I believe.

My brother gets a full ride and he didn't complete his tour and I am not sure why.

I was honorably discharged after 6 years four of which were on a submarine and there is no VA medical benefit available to me. Don't need them, I take care of myself.

Last edited:
The VA healthcare is not available to all Vets. The person either needs to have almost no income and assets or have served during and in a war zone. Anyone who has income or didn't does get a dime, regardless of time served.

My brother in law gets a full ride, he didn't make it through boot camp, section 8 I believe.

My brother gets a full ride and he didn't complete his tour and I am not sure why.

I was honorably discharged after 6 years four of which were on a submarine and there is no VA medical benefit available to me. Don't need them, I take care of myself.

I was on a submarine as well, and served during peace time. I had no income and the VA provided medical care for me.

You know what would be totally awesome? If we took someone we interact with almost daily and turned their life into an opportunity to push our own political agenda.

Assholes.

Are you referring to me?

Yep.

Good, I thought so. I mentioned it , because the main reason for work, it to put food on the table, a warm safe roof over ones (family) head and have health insurance if needed , so we do not loose everything. The second reason we work is because it gives a life purpose, meaning, and also as we know for social interaction, ie: well being. When a person does not have any of the above,

What do they have?? If a person gets sick and becomes homeless are they employable??

Its a political issue if you like it or not.

The VA healthcare is not available to all Vets. The person either needs to have almost no income and assets or have served during and in a war zone. Anyone who has income or didn't does get a dime, regardless of time served.

I was on a submarine as well, and served during peace time. I had no income and the VA provided medical care for me.

That is right and what I said, I assume you were also honorably discharged.

Yes I was.

Assholes.

Are you referring to me?

Yep.

Good, I thought so. I mentioned it , because the main reason for work, it to put food on the table, a warm safe roof over ones (family) head and have health insurance if needed , so we do not loose everything. The second reason we work is because it gives a life purpose, meaning, and also as we know for social interaction, ie: well being. When a person does not have any of the above,

What do they have?? If a person gets sick and becomes homeless are they employable??

And you give good reasons to work, what is bad is when people are paid not to work, then we have problems as you have outlined.

Yes I was.
If the country really wanted to do things that would make an impact, in my opinion, they would open the VA healthcare to all vets, just like any healthcare there would be premiums based on income and co-pays. That would inject even more competition into healthcare. But then again we are talking about people who need healthcare and don't have it probably do not have a lot of income and are eligible. I wouldn't mind just being able to get on the drug plan, it would be something, not much. I am lucky and don't take a lot of drugs. And with my memory I sometimes don't take any.

Assholes.

Are you referring to me?

Yep.

What you did was unnecessary and an intentional act of cruelty. You have allowed your politics to become your core identity to the extent that you have forgotten what it is to be human. It was more important for you to rush in and defend Obama. I'm done. I am not going to argue with you on this thread.

Assholes.

Are you referring to me?

Yep.

What you did was unnecessary and an intentional act of cruelty. You have allowed your politics to become your core identity to the extent that you have forgotten what it is to be human. It was more important for you to rush in and defend Obama. I'm done. I am not going to argue with you on this thread.

What should I of said, Sorry and I'll pray for you !.

No I'm not done. Its well known most Republicans can careless about food stamps or health ins for the needy.

Now I'm done, unless you want to respond.

After a month of employment at my new job, I was notified that the DoD section I worked for has decided to implement a hard requirement for a Secret Clearance and Security+ certification. though all my paperwork was in the pipe and I was likely to have my Security+ cert in a couple of weeks, I was let go along with some other new hires.

Well, I gave Trump credit for getting the job, so it is only fair to now say; GAWD DAMN IT TRUMP!

This America isnt so great again yet and I am far from tired of winning yet!

Sorry to hear that.

Good references can be a great help in getting a job these days - in a world of numbers and statistics, real human contact goes a long way.

Good luck man, and keep your head up.

Assholes.

Are you referring to me?

Yep.

What should I of said, Sorry and I'll pray for you !.

No I'm not done. Its well known most Republicans can careless about food stamps or health ins for the needy.

Now I'm done, unless you want to respond.
But I am not a Republican.

I merely cheer for them most of the time.

I am for whoever best represents the interest of the working class on any given subject.

Sorry to hear that.
Good references can be a great help in getting a job these days - in a world of numbers and statistics, real human contact goes a long way.
Good luck man, and keep your head up.
Thank you and I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas.

Fortunately for me a gotta Sugar Momma. :D

What is really important is Jim (and his family) needs to have health insurance between jobs. Also if needed Snap.
My wife has the family health insurance through her job.

Thank you for your concern though.

My health sucks from those many decades of licentiousness and self destructive behavior.

lol, just kidding.

I honestly wasnt fishing for sympathy, but I do appreciate it.

Coming back from my back surgery has been hard without this kind of thing too, lol.

But I feel optimistic and pretty sure things will work out, Lord willing.

Things dont work out for so many, I cant complain about it.

But the timing of it all was just hilarious.

Forum List

Back