Lakerland

Dude come on, Bill Russell would mop the floor with Howard. Howard is not even as good as Alonzo Mourning in his prime, nevermind Russell.
If I was Kobe, I'd walk over to Howard right in the middle of the game and slap his fucking mouth and say, "What is your fuckin' problem?"

I can't agree that this is all Howards fault, the team is constructed like shit, they have no bench and a coach that doesn't belong there. Also the expectations for Howard were very unrealistic from the start, they expected Howard to come in there playing like Shaq from 2001 but Howard has never ever been that dominant, EVER.
He's the two-time defensive player of the year and he didn't do shit defensively last night.

If you lead the league by a half a block, you usually get the defensive player of the year. Players tend to get over-rated defensively when tall players are able to get that extra straight-up block or extra blind side block b/c of their length. Dwight was never in KG's defensive stratosphere.

I can't agree that this is all Howards fault, the team is constructed like shit, they have no bench and a coach that doesn't belong there. Also the expectations for Howard were very unrealistic from the start, they expected Howard to come in there playing like Shaq from 2001 but Howard has never ever been that dominant, EVER.
He's the two-time defensive player of the year and he didn't do shit defensively last night.

If you lead the league by a half a block, you usually get the defensive player of the year. Players tend to get over-rated defensively when tall players are able to get that extra straight-up block or extra blind side block b/c of their length. Dwight was never in KG's defensive stratosphere.

If Garnetts leg didn't get jacked up Howard wouldn't have won those awards anyways. Serge Ibaka and Joakin Noah are better defenders than him anyways.

Dude come on, Bill Russell would mop the floor with Howard. Howard is not even as good as Alonzo Mourning in his prime, nevermind Russell.
If I was Kobe, I'd walk over to Howard right in the middle of the game and slap his fucking mouth and say, "What is your fuckin' problem?"

Wow! and Kobe was so excited when he heard the Lakers were getting Howard during the summer.

Pop went off on him! This ain't pick-up game at the park. Howard's head isn't in the right place. If his back hurts, take a Percocet and man up. Jack Youngblood played an entire Super Bowl on a broken leg. If your shoulder hurts, you play through that! As long as you're still breathing, get your fuckin' ass out on that court!

Jerry West shot his 63 footer on two broken thumbs. They shot him up with novacaine 3 times during the game. He had his nose broken 9 times and still played. Isiah Thomas played an entire playoff game on a broken ankle. Willis Reed played a game 7 finals with a severely sprained hip.

Howard, stop acting like a baby and DO YOUR JOB!

As a center, the one thing you need to do above anything else, as Wilt would say, is "take care of the office". You don't let anyone come into "your key" and shoot uncontested shots. When the game goes into the paint, you gotta go "old brain" and get that "hunter/gatherer" mentality and make a statement to the opposing players that that is "your key and no one comes in without permission, or they're gonna get "Wilson" printed on their forehead!"

Pop went off on him! This ain't pick-up game at the park. Howard's head isn't in the right place. If his back hurts, take a Percocet and man up. Jack Youngblood played an entire Super Bowl on a broken leg. If your shoulder hurts, you play through that! As long as you're still breathing, get your fuckin' ass out on that court!

Jerry West shot his 63 footer on two broken thumbs. They shot him up with novacaine 3 times during the game. He had his nose broken 9 times and still played. Isiah Thomas played an entire playoff game on a broken ankle. Willis Reed played a game 7 finals with a severely sprained hip.

Howard, stop acting like a baby and DO YOUR JOB!

This is the way Howard is though, I remember him from the Orlando/Boston series back in 2010 during Game 2 I think, the game was neck and neck and Dwight Howard was in the crowd making jokes with fans. The dude is a big clown, soft and has no killer instinct. Good luck Lakers.

Rondo also played against the Miami Heat back in 2011 with a shattered elbow.

0508_celtics.jpg

As a center, the one thing you need to do above anything else, as Wilt would say, is "take care of the office". You don't let anyone come into "your key" and shoot uncontested shots. When the game goes into the paint, you gotta go "old brain" and get that "hunter/gatherer" mentality and make a statement to the opposing players that that is "your key and no one comes in without permission, or they're gonna get "Wilson" printed on their forehead!"

Dude Dwight Howard doesn't have that kind of mentality like Wilt Chamberlain had, not even close. Howard wants to make jokes and have other people make him feel good.

Dude Dwight Howard doesn't have that kind of mentality like Wilt Chamberlain had, not even close. Howard wants to make jokes and have other people make him feel good.
Then he doesn't want rings.

Look back on all the NBA dynasty's, the teams that won multiple championships all had players with a kill or be killed mentality. This is a war and playing at anything less than a 110% is not an option.

Kobe's too fuckin' nice to Howard. I can imagine what Michael or Magic or Bird or Isiah or Oscar or Russ or Moses or Barkley or Frazier or Ty Cobb would say to him. Somebody should show him some old films of Dave Cowens and say, "That's how you play!"

One thing the league has done, to its benefit, along with sportswriters and various talking heads, is to keep the silly "who's the greatest to ever play" debate alive.

Is it Dr. J, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Kobe, etc.?

To me it's a silly debate, based on the fact that there are five positions on the floor.

Personally, I look at it as, who would be the player I would start my team with, if a draft of every player who's ever played were held.....That player for me would be Magic, not based on my love for the Lakers, but based on the fact that he was the consumate floor general and leader.....A 6' 9" point guard, who could play every position on the floor effectively, and who was never affraid to put the ball in his teamates hands.

Its hard to really have a discussion about the greatest player when you haven't really seen all these guys play, when I started watching hoops Bird and Magic were on their way out and Michael Jordan was in his prime murdering people on the basketball court. If I was going to start a team I would have to go with MJ, I have seen this guy in his prime and he is the best basketball player I have seen play, he just refused to lose. Magic is a good choice though, total superstar in his prime, Bird too.
True that....You'll have fans of all generations claiming the superstar in their decade was the best ever.....Hell, you'd have fans from the seventies vehemently claiming it's Dr. J, 'cause the man came on the scene and totally blew every basketball fan away, and completely changed the way the game was played......You had every other team. scratching their heads, and saying, "Christ, how do we defend against this freak?"

Thats very true, and before that generation people were probably saying Bill Russell or Wilt was the best. My generation says Michael Jordan is the best, and kids these days are all about Lebron. You can't relate to a player you never seen play.

Then he doesn't want rings.

Look back on all the NBA dynasty's, the teams that won multiple championships all had players with a kill or be killed mentality. This is a war and playing at anything less than a 110% is not an option.

Kobe's too fuckin' nice to Howard. I can imagine what Michael or Magic or Bird or Isiah or Oscar or Russ or Moses or Barkley or Frazier or Ty Cobb would say to him. Somebody should show him some old films of Dave Cowens and say, "That's how you play!"

Of course he wants rings, he just doesn't want to have to get dirty to work for them. Thats something he can fix over time, people were calling Dirk soft for years until he finally manned up in 2011 and just took the championship.

Of course he wants rings, he just doesn't want to have to get dirty to work for them. Thats something he can fix over time, people were calling Dirk soft for years until he finally manned up in 2011 and just took the championship.
He's a european player. He didn't have the getto upbringing like we do over here.

It's kind of funny looking back on Bynum flooring Barea and just this past week, Barea try's to do a Bynum on someone else.

He's a european player. He didn't have the getto upbringing like we do over here.

It's kind of funny looking back on Bynum flooring Barea and just this past week, Barea try's to do a Bynum on someone else.

Dirk seems tougher than Dwight Howard to me, just saying. You don't have to be "ghetto" to be tough, Larry Bird was from the sticks of Indiana and was one of the toughest players in NBA history.

True that....You'll have fans of all generations claiming the superstar in their decade was the best ever.....Hell, you'd have fans from the seventies vehemently claiming it's Dr. J, 'cause the man came on the scene and totally blew every basketball fan away, and completely changed the way the game was played......You had every other team. scratching their heads, and saying, "Christ, how do we defend against this freak?"
Dr. J did shit you would swear was not humanly possible. But this was in his ABA days. By the time he got to the NBA, he was a little older and a little less athletic.

Talk about imposing your will, this guy was just sick!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5YfeZZqCaI]Julius Erving's (Dr. J's) Top 10 Career Dunks - YouTube[/ame]

Dirk seems tougher than Dwight Howard to me, just saying. You don't have to be "ghetto" to be tough, Larry Bird was from the sticks of Indiana and was one of the toughest players in NBA history.
Yeah, but he was from Indiana. Where they don't understand why people park their cars in the driveway, because that's where the hoop goes. Indiana and basketball, is like the SEC in football.

Forum List

Back