Lakerland

Because of Lebron the Miami Heat are the new cash cows of the NBA, Lebron is making the NBA so much money right now its not even funny.
How can the Heat be cash cows, have you seen their attendance records?

Miami is a shitty sports town but I am talking about merchandise, ratings, etc ESPECIALLY from overseas. You seen how many kids in China have a Lebron jersey? plus people tune in to watch games just to watch Lebron play, not everything is measured in attendance in the building.

The NBA isn't rigged in any way.

Because of Lebron the Miami Heat are the new cash cows of the NBA, Lebron is making the NBA so much money right now its not even funny.
Excellent point, and it's individual players who are the leagues cash cows, and not individual teams, and it was Dr. Jerry Buss who showed the league the way in how to market those players and teams.

Hell, we took our daughters to Venice Beach a couple o' weeks back, to witness the freak show, and I saw just as many James, Durant, Wade, Griffin, and JORDAN Jerseys, as I did of Kobe's.

Sometimes its not about the market if you have a star player. When Lebron played for Cleveland he could still go anywhere in the world and have the stadium packed with people in Lebron Jerseys. Like Gatsby said New York is a huge market but the team and management is fucked, plus Melo just isn't a big a star as Lebron.
One thing the league has done, to its benefit, along with sportswriters and various talking heads, is to keep the silly "who's the greatest to ever play" debate alive.

Is it Dr. J, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Kobe, etc.?

To me it's a silly debate, based on the fact that there are five positions on the floor.

Personally, I look at it as, who would be the player I would start my team with, if a draft of every player who's ever played were held.....That player for me would be Magic, not based on my love for the Lakers, but based on the fact that he was the consumate floor general and leader.....A 6' 9" point guard, who could play every position on the floor effectively, and who was never affraid to put the ball in his teamates hands.

How can the Heat be cash cows, have you seen their attendance records?

Miami is a shitty sports town but I am talking about merchandise, ratings, etc ESPECIALLY from overseas. You seen how many kids in China have a Lebron jersey? plus people tune in to watch games just to watch Lebron play, not everything is measured in attendance in the building.

The NBA isn't rigged in any way.

Yes, it is.

Excellent point, and it's individual players who are the leagues cash cows, and not individual teams, and it was Dr. Jerry Buss who showed the league the way in how to market those players and teams.

Hell, we took our daughters to Venice Beach a couple o' weeks back, to witness the freak show, and I saw just as many James, Durant, Wade, Griffin, and JORDAN Jerseys, as I did of Kobe's.

Sometimes its not about the market if you have a star player. When Lebron played for Cleveland he could still go anywhere in the world and have the stadium packed with people in Lebron Jerseys. Like Gatsby said New York is a huge market but the team and management is fucked, plus Melo just isn't a big a star as Lebron.
One thing the league has done, to its benefit, along with sportswriters and various talking heads, is to keep the silly "who's the greatest to ever play" debate alive.

To me it's a silly debate, based on the fact that there are five positions on the floor.

Personally, I look at it as, who would be the player I would start my team with, if a draft of every player who's ever played were held.....That player for me would be Magic, not based on my love for the Lakers, but based on the fact that he was the consumate floor general and leader.....A 6' 9" point guard, who could play every position on the floor effectively, and who was never affraid to put the ball in his teamates hands.

Its hard to really have a discussion about the greatest player when you haven't really seen all these guys play, when I started watching hoops Bird and Magic were on their way out and Michael Jordan was in his prime murdering people on the basketball court. If I was going to start a team I would have to go with MJ, I have seen this guy in his prime and he is the best basketball player I have seen play, he just refused to lose. Magic is a good choice though, total superstar in his prime, Bird too.

Its hard to really have a discussion about the greatest player when you haven't really seen all these guys play, when I started watching hoops Bird and Magic were on their way out and Michael Jordan was in his prime murdering people on the basketball court. If I was going to start a team I would have to go with MJ, I have seen this guy in his prime and he is the best basketball player I have seen play, he just refused to lose. Magic is a good choice though, total superstar in his prime, Bird too.
True that....You'll have fans of all generations claiming the superstar in their decade was the best ever.....Hell, you'd have fans from the seventies vehemently claiming it's Dr. J, 'cause the man came on the scene and totally blew every basketball fan away, and completely changed the way the game was played......You had every other team. scratching their heads, and saying, "Christ, how do we defend against this freak?"

Last edited:

You can dance around it all you want. Go back and look at the historical ratings when Spurs are in the Finals vs. MJ's Bulls, Lebron's Heat, Kobe's Lakers and you'll see a huge difference. That huge difference translates into many millions of dollars. Stern has no interest in leaving that money on the table.

Fuck the Thunder! Fuck Westbrook! Fuck Howard! Fuck this shit! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

I'm fuckin' pissed!

We need Wilt Chamberlain. At least when he got close to the rim, that ball was going down. It didn't matter how hard, or how many people hit him, they weren't strong enough to stop the inevitable.

When Howard goes in to the key, he gets the ball stripped or throws up a pussy shot! I want a man-center. I want a thug at the 5. Wilt, Moses, Artis, Olajowon, Thurmond, Shaq; centers that impose their will.

Howards a pussy!

I now wanna see the Kobe make the playoffs, just to watch the Thunder or Spurs sweep the Kobe out of the playoffs
That ain't gonna happen.

Games like this come back to haunt the winning team.

Next time the Lakers play the Thunder, they're gonna play with a lot more intensity.

Fuck the Thunder! Fuck Westbrook! Fuck Howard! Fuck this shit! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

I'm fuckin' pissed!

We need Wilt Chamberlain. At least when he got close to the rim, that ball was going down. It didn't matter how hard, or how many people hit him, they weren't strong enough to stop the inevitable.

When Howard goes in to the key, he gets the ball stripped or throws up a pussy shot! I want a man-center. I want a thug at the 5. Wilt, Moses, Artis, Olajowon, Thurmond, Shaq; centers that impose their will.

Howards a pussy!

Be careful what you wish for, Lakers fans were howling for Howard last year, well you got him. I personally think he would flourish on the Celtics playing along side Pierce, Garnett and Rondo and Doc coaching him.

You can dance around it all you want. Go back and look at the historical ratings when Spurs are in the Finals vs. MJ's Bulls, Lebron's Heat, Kobe's Lakers and you'll see a huge difference. That huge difference translates into many millions of dollars. Stern has no interest in leaving that money on the table.

Fuckin right, if Stern allowed a Celtics/Spurs Finals last year the league would have lost money, those teams are not as popular Lebrons Heat and Durants Thunder.

Be careful what you wish for, Lakers fans were howling for Howard last year, well you got him. I personally think he would flourish on the Celtics playing along side Pierce, Garnett and Rondo and Doc coaching him.
Howard took the night off and he can fuck himself if he's going to do that in big games. That fuckin' pussy needs to grow up! He needs to realize, we expect him to play "man-ball". Kobe needs to go back telling Howard to get his act together. If he's gonna let little guards come in there and have their way in the key, he might as well change his name to Bill Cartright or Will Perdue. Not blocking one shot in the entire game is un-acceptable.

Forum List

Back