Lakerland

DJ - 48 mins
McHale - 46 mins
Parrish - 44 mins
Bird - 44 mins
Ainge - 34 mins
Wedman - 19 mins
Maxwell - 5 mins

The heavy minutes on the starters left them drained for Game 6 and set-up a much easier close-out win for the Lakers.
Wilt Chamberlain averaged 48.6 minutes a game for an entire season.

Maybe he should've rested more and he wouldn't have beat by the C's time after time.

Yup. Who was paid under the table for that Kobe/Vlade trade anyhow? I knew that was BS at the time. Vlade wasn't even at a high point in his career. He was on the slide. Perhaps, because there was some truth to the rumors that he was a two pack a day smoker.

He later revitalized his career in Sacramento.
Do you know what trade brought Magic Johnson to the Lakers?

At one time, I did.

Hey, you know how it is, anything can happen in the playoffs.....They definitely have a legitimate shot of beating anybody, but only if they play perfect ball.

I'll tell ya' one thing, Jamieson could be be a huge factor in any series, IF D'antoni lets him go out and play his game.
Ya know, yer a real fucker!

Now that I know your Laker colors, I have no desire to argue with you on other threads.

I know we are politically opposite of each other, but I still feel the need to apologize for the way I've treated you on the political threads.

Notice I don't offer that apology to the Celtic fans!
Pffffffft......Celtics!:eusa_hand:

Hey, politics is politics.....but.....the Lakers are, THE LAKERS!:cool:

It's all good, no apology necessary.

At one time, I did.
The Lakers traded Gail Goodrich to the New Orleans Jazz that wound up being the draft pick for Magic Johnson.

I'm sure a couple N.O. execs got paid off then too. Funny how history repeats.

At least the Celtics did above the board cheating by drafting Bird as a junior with the 8 pick when there was no rule saying they could not do that.

Hey, you know how it is, anything can happen in the playoffs.....They definitely have a legitimate shot of beating anybody, but only if they play perfect ball.

I'll tell ya' one thing, Jamieson could be be a huge factor in any series, IF D'antoni lets him go out and play his game.
Ya know, yer a real fucker!

Now that I know your Laker colors, I have no desire to argue with you on other threads.

I know we are politically opposite of each other, but I still feel the need to apologize for the way I've treated you on the political threads.

Notice I don't offer that apology to the Celtic fans!
Pffffffft......Celtics!:eusa_hand:

Hey, politics is politics.....but.....the Lakers are, THE LAKERS!:cool:

It's all good, no apology necessary.

People on the left and so-called right are screwing us over. More and more, I realize it's time to accept it and not argue it; especially since you're usually arguing with a brain dead zombie at the other end of a screen, who you wouldn't spend 2 minutes with in r/l.

Lakers on the other hand, suck balls.

At one time, I did.
The Lakers traded Gail Goodrich to the New Orleans Jazz that wound up being the draft pick for Magic Johnson.

At least the Celtics did above the board cheating by drafting Bird as a junior with the 8 pick when there was no rule saying they could not do that.
Yeah, sure they were.....it's all just one big conspiracy against the poor lil' Celtics,...LMAO!

What is it with Boston fans?

Christ, the Red Sox sucked ass for decades, and it was blamed on some imagined curse.....The Giants beat the Pats, and it was the ref's fault.....Anytime the Bruins suck ass, it's some Canadian conspiracy.

Too fuckin' funny!

Yeah, sure they were.....it's all just one big conspiracy against the poor lil' Celtics,...LMAO!

Christ, the Red Sox sucked ass for decades, and it was blamed on some imagined curse.....The Giants beat the Pats, and it was the ref's fault.....Anytime the Bruins suck ass, it's some Canadian conspiracy.

Too fuckin' funny!

I think you're confusing me with some a-hole New England based fan. I live in Faker land brah.

And it's not a conspiracy against Boston. It's accepting reality. Stern's cash cow is the Lakers. It would be the Knicks if they weren't so poorly managed. He operates in the interest of maximizing revenues. If you somehow believe Stern operates on the up and up then you're delusional and should step into the real world at some point.

Too fuckin' funny!

I think you're confusing me with some a-hole New England based fan. I live in Faker land brah.

And it's not a conspiracy against Boston. It's accepting reality. Stern's cash cow is the Lakers. It would be the Knicks if they weren't so poorly managed. He operates in the interest of maximizing revenues. If you somehow believe Stern operates on the up and up then you're delusional and should step into the real world at some point.
If the Lakers are the leagues cash cow, it's because of their history, and the fact that they've continually assembled great teams......It has to do with the fact that they had an owner who was far from being the richest in the league, but who knew how to assemble the best talent he could, from the players, to the front office, to the coaching staffs.....Who knew how to market his teams, and individual players that turned them into a worldwide phenomenom.

If there was some big conspiracy on the part of Stern and others, you wouldn't see great smaller market teams like the Thunder, Heat, Spurs, etc.,...who are the dominant teams in the NBA these days, no doubt due to the fact that Dr. Jerry Buss continually showed how an owner should lead their teams.

Too fuckin' funny!

If the Lakers are the leagues cash cow, it's because of their history, and the fact that they've continually assembled great teams......It has to do with the fact that they had an owner who was far from being the richest in the league, but who knew how to assemble the best talent he could, from the players, to the front office, to the coaching staffs.....Who knew how to market his teams, and individual players that turned them into a worldwide phenomenom.

If there was some big conspiracy on the part of Stern and others, you wouldn't see great smaller market teams like the Thunder, Heat, Spurs, etc.,...who are the dominant teams in the NBA these days, no doubt due to the fact that Dr. Jerry Buss continually showed how an owner should lead their teams.

Because of Lebron the Miami Heat are the new cash cows of the NBA, Lebron is making the NBA so much money right now its not even funny.

Because of Lebron the Miami Heat are the new cash cows of the NBA, Lebron is making the NBA so much money right now its not even funny.
Excellent point, and it's individual players who are the leagues cash cows, and not individual teams, and it was Dr. Jerry Buss who showed the league the way in how to market those players and teams.

Hell, we took our daughters to Venice Beach a couple o' weeks back, to witness the freak show, and I saw just as many James, Durant, Wade, Griffin, and JORDAN Jerseys, as I did of Kobe's.

Excellent point, and it's individual players who are the leagues cash cows, and not individual teams, and it was Dr. Jerry Buss who showed the league the way in how to market those players and teams.

Hell, we took our daughters to Venice Beach a couple o' weeks back, to witness the freak show, and I saw just as many James, Durant, Wade, Griffin, and JORDAN Jerseys, as I did of Kobe's.

Sometimes its not about the market if you have a star player. When Lebron played for Cleveland he could still go anywhere in the world and have the stadium packed with people in Lebron Jerseys. Like Gatsby said New York is a huge market but the team and management is fucked, plus Melo just isn't a big a star as Lebron.

Too fuckin' funny!

tin+foil+hat.jpg

How can the Heat be cash cows, have you seen their attendance records?

Miami is a shitty sports town but I am talking about merchandise, ratings, etc ESPECIALLY from overseas. You seen how many kids in China have a Lebron jersey? plus people tune in to watch games just to watch Lebron play, not everything is measured in attendance in the building.

Forum List

Back