Lakerland

Damn. Lakers shot 50 FTs to the Warriors 16! Here's a couple top comments from Yahoo:

The refs learned there lesson from the last time these 2 teams played where the Warriors were up by 25 in the 3rd and the Lakers shot 21 FT's in the 3rd and the game was close in the 4th so in this game, the refs were going to not wait till the Lakers were down by 20+... They started helping the Lakers from the start of this game to keep the Lakers in it till the end...

Anybody see the final minute where Dwight was setting a screen for Blake, Curry bumped into Howard, REFS called foul and Blake gets to take the FTs? #$%$?

Also 50 - 16 FTA?

Pretty blatant on who the NBA wants in the playoffs. That is unreal.

Its not really a surprise, the Lakers won the 2010 championship on the free throw line in Game 7.

I know the feeling, I felt the same way when Rondo went down.
Are you actually comparing Rondo to Kobe?

Was Rondo having the season Kobe was?

And Rondo's injury was a knee, not an achillies. Something almost impossible to comeback from. Elgin Baylor did it, but was never the same after.

And Rondo's injury was a knee, not an achillies. Something almost impossible to comeback from. Elgin Baylor did it, but was never the same after.

I'd give the season edge to Kobe. But to pretend there's no comparison is pretty silly.

Bird came back from two torn achilles and averaged 24-10-8 at age 34 btw. Dude was amazing. Barkley on the other hand, blew his achilles at age 35 and that was all she wrote.

Definitely. As an aside though; Baylor is possibly most over-rated player in NBA history after Jordan, Wade, Chamberlain, and Robertson.
Yeah, right. I guess he was over-rated when he went into Boston Garden and scored 61 points on Bill Russell and his Celtics in a Finals game.

Definitely. As an aside though; Baylor is possibly most over-rated player in NBA history after Jordan, Wade, Chamberlain, and Robertson.
Yeah, right. I guess he was over-rated when he went into Boston Garden and scored 61 points on Bill Russell and his Celtics in a Finals game.
That's exactly why he considers him over-rated.

Laker haters are funny, to be sure.

Over-rated doesn't mean bad. Baylor would possibly still make my top ten SFs of all-time. But he shot 43 percent and he was anything but clutch during his career.

Over-rated doesn't mean bad. Baylor would possibly still make my top ten SFs of all-time. But he shot 43 percent and he was anything but clutch during his career.
He was one of the most dominant players ever.

Again, he shot 43 percent. Russell only shot 44 percent, but he wasn't throwing up so many bricks and he did the little things to constantly win. Despite that, it wouldn't bother me if someone made a case that he was over-rated. Baylor is definitely over-rated in my mind. He's like a step above a Jalen Rose, probably.

Jesus Christ calm the fuck down, I was just saying both teams lost their star player for the season.:cuckoo:

Elgin Baylor did it, but was never the same after.

How old are you? You do realize there's hardly any tape on Chamberlain, Robertson, and Baylor, right?
Thing is, all of them could step in, in todays game, and still dominate.....Particularly Chamberlain, who with todays training methods, would probably put on 20-30 lbs of more muscle, and absolutely tear it up.

And, if you notice, most of the players on his "over-rated" list, were/are Celtic killers.

It's the same as if I came out and stated Larry Bird or Clyde "The Glide" were over-rated, because they played so well against the Lakers, and any other team they faced.

Like I said, Laker haters are funny.

I'd give the season edge to Kobe. But to pretend there's no comparison is pretty silly.

Bird came back from two torn achilles and averaged 24-10-8 at age 34 btw. Dude was amazing. Barkley on the other hand, blew his achilles at age 35 and that was all she wrote.
One reason Barkley couldn't come back, was he was never known for being in the greatest shape....The exact opposite of Kobe, if ya' will.

Forum List

Back