Lakerland

The Lakers have guys that take it to the rim and draw fouls like Kobe, Howard, Gasol.

Gasoft is lanky, slow and plays on the high post. Fouling him makes zero sense.

BTW, Mister Jump Shooting Team; that's precisely what Kobe is. He got 16 FTAs by himself.

Howard is the one guy who will naturally get 10 FTAs plus and that is partly b/c teams are especially eager to foul him around the rim.

The Lakers have guys that take it to the rim and draw fouls like Kobe, Howard, Gasol.

BTW, Mister Jump Shooting Team; that's precisely what Kobe is. He got 16 FTAs by himself.

Howard is the one guy who will naturally get 10 FTAs plus and that is partly b/c teams are especially eager to foul him around the rim.

The Lakers are 13th in the league in points in the paint, GS is 26th. Nuff said.

The Lakers are 13th in the league in points in the paint, GS is 26th. Nuff said.

And you somehow think that a team like the Lakers with a mindset that they'll get the benefit of calls isn't going to be more aggressive? One hand washes the other dude. It's a perpetual cycle. I guarantee D-Wade would tend to stay the fuck out of the lane if he knew he wasn't going constantly be bailed out like clock work.

Umm no! GS is a jumpshooting team. The Lakers have guys that take it to the rim and draw fouls like Kobe, Howard, Gasol. If the refs wanted the Lakers to win they wouldn't have called 5 ticky tack fouls on Dwight Howard.

Ticky tack my ass. Dwight is always hacking.

And the apologists always give excuses as for why the big market teams happen to get more free throws. I could break it down; but the reality is only a truly superior team is going to get an overwhelming free throw advantage in most cases. And GS may be smaller, but they're quicker and can arguably draw more fouls. That's why that jump shooting BS doesn't fly with me. NBA knows what they're doing.

How come the knicks average less ft attempts than their opponents?

B/C as much as the league generally loves the Knicks; the league's bigger investment in the east is the Heat.

Ticky tack my ass. Dwight is always hacking.

And the apologists always give excuses as for why the big market teams happen to get more free throws. I could break it down; but the reality is only a truly superior team is going to get an overwhelming free throw advantage in most cases. And GS may be smaller, but they're quicker and can arguably draw more fouls. That's why that jump shooting BS doesn't fly with me. NBA knows what they're doing.

How come the knicks average less ft attempts than their opponents?

B/C as much as the league generally loves the Knicks; the league's bigger investment in the east is the Heat.

Then how come they're only 12th in the league in FTA?

One more thing - if stern loves the Lakers so much why did he prevent them from getting Chris Paul?

That's pretty good when you consider that the Heat have no front line; don't ya think?

How come the lakers are second in the league in fouls committed?

Cos they're slow.

It's not just about the numbers either. Timing of calls and what teams are allowed to get away with is another thing. The Lakers can get the same or even more fouls called on them. But if they're allowed to body the hell out of teams much more then that's pretty good.

That's pretty good when you consider that the Heat have no front line; don't ya think?

Are you seriously arguing this stuff or are you playing devil's advocate? This is patently obvious stuff. I've came across more than enough Laker fans that have admitted it. Hell, Artest admitted that that's the reality.

All the facts are contrary to your claims. The NBA is not rigged. Sure, superstars often get the benefit of the doubt on a lot of calls, and I don't condone or agree with that, but there is no league sponsored conspiracy to have any team win.

Why did the league prevent the Lakers from getting Chris Paul?

Are you seriously arguing this stuff or are you playing devil's advocate? This is patently obvious stuff. I've came across more than enough Laker fans that have admitted it. Hell, Artest admitted that that's the reality.

link?

Sorry. Didn't know we'd be having this convo. But I can tell you the context and if you wanna search for the article, you can.

It was back when Artest was in his first year with the Lakers and he had admitted to drinking alcohol at halftime. And when he had heard like the next day that stuff he said was making a buzz, he had figured that it was from his saying that the league had officiated and/or rigged the series from the previous year when his Rockets played the Lakers. And he said, like they always do. He had said he expected that to be the big to do and then he learned that it was people up in arms about the alcohol comment instead.

All the facts are contrary to your claims. The NBA is not rigged. Sure, superstars often get the benefit of the doubt on a lot of calls, and I don't condone or agree with that, but there is no league sponsored conspiracy to have any team win.

1. The league was still trying to sell the Hornets and Paul for Odom wasn't going to help that.
2. Everyone and there dog in the media was talking about that trade being a sham. It would have reflected poorly upon the league and made it especially blatantly obvious that the league favors the Lakers when they're only going for blatantly obvious.

Seems like you've already asked this and had me answer this. Am I going to have to say the same thing 3 months from now or will you just be accepting my answer even if agree to disagree?

1. The league was still trying to sell the Hornets and Paul for Odom wasn't going to help that.
2. Everyone and there dog in the media was talking about that trade being a sham. It would have reflected poorly upon the league and made it especially blatantly obvious that the league favors the Lakers when they're only going for blatantly obvious.

Seems like you've already asked this and had me answer this. Am I going to have to say the same thing 3 months from now or will you just be accepting my answer even if agree to disagree?

Fair enough. I agree with number 1, although they were getting more than just Odom. To me that's more proof against the theory that Stern will cheat the rest of the teams in favor of the Lakers.

Fair enough. I agree with number 1, although they were getting more than just Odom. To me that's more proof against the theory that Stern will cheat the rest of the teams in favor of the Lakers.

You realize that the saying, 'follow the money' is not just a saying?

The one thing the league can't afford to do is compromise the integrity of the league. The stakes are already too high. Does Stern want a Knicks Lakers finals? Sure he does, but he's smart enough to know he has no control over that. Look at what baseball went through after the black sox scandal.

The one thing the league can't afford to do is compromise the integrity of the league. The stakes are already too high. Does Stern want a Knicks Lakers finals? Sure he does, but he's smart enough to know he has no control over that. Look at what baseball went through after the black sox scandal.

That's cute. But the league has only superficial integrity and they can do that b/c their average fan is a dumb ass. They get away with shit for the same reason politicians get away with shit. Their average constituent is a dumb ass.

Forum List

Back