Lakerland

Basically, yeah........Sterling won't pay for the long haul, it's his MO......He's got more important investments to worry about, like his overpriced Apartments empire.

The wife and I went and looked at one of them, after we sold our home in Valencia and were looking for a place to rent while looking for a home to buy in Westlake Village....Our jaws literally dropped when the leasing agent told us what the monthly rent was for that hole on Wilshire.

Hmm, so if it came to that Blake and Chris Paul would have to accept a pay cut to stay there?
Either that, or bow down and accept whatever low ball offer is presented to them when their current contracts expire.

Damn, its so hard to keep a team together, but yet Miami can afford to keep Ray Allen, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and Lebron James together of course.:doubt:

I don't know what the fuck it is with Portland, but everytime we go up there they can't miss! All the shots they were hitting tonight were just ridiculous. And I got a new entry on my "hate list", that little fucker Lilard. I can't stand that little prick!

On another note, we won our first back-to-back tonight and stayed ahead of the Jazz.

Next up, Golden State.

BTW, Kobe had 47 tonight.

I don't know what the fuck it is with Portland, but everytime we go up there they can't miss! All the shots they were hitting tonight were just ridiculous. And I got a new entry on my "hate list", that little fucker Lilard. I can't stand that little prick!

On another note, we won our first back-to-back tonight and stayed ahead of the Jazz.

Next up, Golden State.

BTW, Kobe had 47 tonight.
As Mychal Thompson said the other night, win out or go home.

So far, so good.

And yeah, Portland lights it up on their home court.....Reminds me of the Sonics when World B. Free would absolutely light the Lakers up on his home court.

So far, so good.

And yeah, Portland lights it up on their home court.....Reminds me of the Sonics when World B. Free would absolutely light the Lakers up on his home court.
Wasn't World B. Free a 76er?

When I think of the Sonics, I think of Downtown Freddie Brown, Gus Williams, Jack Sikma, Lonnie Shelton, Marvin Webster and Dennis Johnson.

So far, so good.

When I think of the Sonics, I think of Downtown Freddie Brown, Gus Williams, Jack Sikma, Lonnie Shelton, Marvin Webster and Dennis Johnson.

Don't forget the Glove, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Lenny Wilkins, Don "Slick" Watts, Spencer Haywood and John Johnson.

Don't forget the Glove, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Lenny Wilkins, Don "Slick" Watts, Spencer Haywood and John Johnson.
Of coarse, you're referring to Lenny Wilkins the coach?

For Lenny Wilkins the player, you got to go back a few more years when he set the assist record Magic broke. After Magic broke it, he said, "I'm just a caretaker here until John Stockton passes me."

So far, so good.

Yep...I meant Downtown Brown....I always did get those two confused.

DJ, may he RIP, was another one who had a tendency to light the Lakers up.....And Sikma gave Kareem some great battles.....The late 70's Sonics were a great team.

Btw, did you hear that BS Spencer Haywood went through with the HOF committee this past week?

The dude no doubt deserves to be enshrined.....It's way past due.

Last edited:
Yep...I meant Downtown Brown....I always did get those two confused.

DJ, may he RIP, was another one who had a tendency to light the Lakers up.....And Sikma gave Kareem some great battles.....The late 70's Sonics were a great team.

Btw, did you hear that BS Spencer Haywood went through with the HOF committee this past week?

The dude no doubt deserves to be enshrined.....It's way past due.
I'm still pissed off at Spencer Haywood for beating the Lakers in one game with just 1 second left on the clock and the Lakers up by 1. They threw the inbounds pass directly at their basket and Haywood went up, caught it directly over the cone and dropped it in. Fuck!

But, I also remember one game we were down by 29 going into the 4th quarter and wound up winning the game. Everybody made such a big deal about Miami coming back from 28 down in the half to win, try doing that in just one quarter!

Of coarse, you're referring to Lenny Wilkins the coach?

For Lenny Wilkins the player, you got to go back a few more years when he set the assist record Magic broke. After Magic broke it, he said, "I'm just a caretaker here until John Stockton passes me."

Lenny was a player coach during his first stay at Seattle from 69-72 he was a player coach and was also a player coach his first season with the Portland Trailblazers. He retired from playing on 1975.

Lenny was a player coach during his first stay at Seattle from 69-72 he was a player coach and was also a player coach his first season with the Portland Trailblazers. He retired from playing on 1975.
He was also a south-paw. Very easy to guard.

They can't go right!

So the new era begins a couple of years early.

If a mod happens to be passing by,
could you please close this thread?
(I don't feel like talking Lakers anymore)

This sucks balls. Now, I don't get to see the Spurs or Thunder sweep the Kobe-led Lakers' asses. Total nonsense!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Lakers shot 50 FTs to the Warriors 16! Here's a couple top comments from Yahoo:

The refs learned there lesson from the last time these 2 teams played where the Warriors were up by 25 in the 3rd and the Lakers shot 21 FT's in the 3rd and the game was close in the 4th so in this game, the refs were going to not wait till the Lakers were down by 20+... They started helping the Lakers from the start of this game to keep the Lakers in it till the end...

Anybody see the final minute where Dwight was setting a screen for Blake, Curry bumped into Howard, REFS called foul and Blake gets to take the FTs? #$%$?

Also 50 - 16 FTA?

Damn. Lakers shot 50 FTs to the Warriors 16! Here's a couple top comments from Yahoo:

The refs learned there lesson from the last time these 2 teams played where the Warriors were up by 25 in the 3rd and the Lakers shot 21 FT's in the 3rd and the game was close in the 4th so in this game, the refs were going to not wait till the Lakers were down by 20+... They started helping the Lakers from the start of this game to keep the Lakers in it till the end...

Anybody see the final minute where Dwight was setting a screen for Blake, Curry bumped into Howard, REFS called foul and Blake gets to take the FTs? #$%$?

Also 50 - 16 FTA?
You'll be swept by the Knicks!

Also 50 - 16 FTA?

Pretty blatant on who the NBA wants in the playoffs. That is unreal.

Also 50 - 16 FTA?

Umm no! GS is a jump shooting team. The Lakers have guys that take it to the rim and draw fouls like Kobe, Howard, Gasol. If the refs wanted the Lakers to win they wouldn't have called 5 ticky tack fouls on Dwight Howard.

Last edited:

Umm no! GS is a jumpshooting team. The Lakers have guys that take it to the rim and draw fouls like Kobe, Howard, Gasol. If the refs wanted the Lakers to win they wouldn't have called 5 ticky tack fouls on Dwight Howard.

Ticky tack my ass. Dwight is always hacking.

And the apologists always give excuses as for why the big market teams happen to get more free throws. I could break it down; but the reality is only a truly superior team is going to get an overwhelming free throw advantage in most cases. And GS may be smaller, but they're quicker and can arguably draw more fouls. That's why that jump shooting BS doesn't fly with me. NBA knows what they're doing.

Umm no! GS is a jumpshooting team. The Lakers have guys that take it to the rim and draw fouls like Kobe, Howard, Gasol. If the refs wanted the Lakers to win they wouldn't have called 5 ticky tack fouls on Dwight Howard.

Ticky tack my ass. Dwight is always hacking.

And the apologists always give excuses as for why the big market teams happen to get more free throws. I could break it down; but the reality is only a truly superior team is going to get an overwhelming free throw advantage in most cases. And GS may be smaller, but they're quicker and can arguably draw more fouls. That's why that jump shooting BS doesn't fly with me. NBA knows what they're doing.

How come the knicks average less ft attempts than their opponents?

Forum List

Back