Lakerland

Yea. I remember when Bird hit those 71 in a row and we were all sure he'd break Calvin Murphy's 78 straight FT's and then he clanked one. I think he made another 20 or 25 in a row after that but it didn't matter. Bird only shot .886 but he did that while playing heavy minutes and while coming into his career with the severed finger; so the first five years he wasn't there yet. His first couple years, he actually shot from about a foot behind the line because he hadn't readjusted yet and he had lost some of his finesse. But Bird did shoot roughly 92 percent from the line for his final six years. He looked automatic by then. I was always surprised when he missed. I think he missed when he daydreamed or something :lol:

West, Barry, Bird - these great shooters. I wish they had played in HD. I don't think the camera caught all the magic.
Barry was .91% from the line for his entire career.

It might have been different if he severed his finger 90 degrees before his career started too. But there's no doubting Barry's touch. He would do running two handed underhand shots from like 17 feet away on top of his great regular stroke.

It might have been different if he severed his finger 90 degrees before his career started too. But there's no doubting Barry's touch. He would do running two handed underhand shots from like 17 feet away on top of his great regular stroke.
The only thing better than Barry's shot, was his mouth.

He is one opinionated fucker!

LMAO!....True that....He definitely spoke what was on his mind, and pissed a hell of a lot of people off while doing so.

Yep, he's one of the greatest pure shooters, ever.

One word for Rick Barry,....DEADLY!

LMAO!....True that....He definitely spoke what was on his mind, and pissed a hell of a lot of people off while doing so.

Yep, he's one of the greatest pure shooters, ever.

One word for Rick Barry,....DEADLY!

He's a straight talker. The media can't handle people like that. So, they demonize them.

Excuse machine is winding up for the Lakers...injuries as an excuse?
Too bad laker fans but all teams get injuries, that's part of the game.

Get over yourselves!

You sucked before and you still suck!

Jerry Buss was a class act, classy owner...

But Kobe is anything but, and they never jelled this year, I thought they would, but it never happened...

Joe "Jellybean" Bryant's boy is done, get rid of him now...

Forum List

Back