Lakewood Church Stops Womans Funeral Because She Was Gay (It Was The Right Decision)

The Pastor made the noble right decision. I would have done the same thing. Morals had to be upheld.

Family Church in Lakewood stops woman s funeral because she was gay - The Denver Post

Why? He took their money a week beforehand and let them in the church.

What's wrong with having the deceased's pictures on display?
They should sue the church then, it took their money and earned interest on it. But I think the legal bills wouldn't make it worth it.

Why wasnt it at the funeral home to begin with? She didnt go to church... inevitably Preacher would have said something that angered them anyway....... just seems like poor planning .... or an effort to manufacture a story

So you have to go to church to be Christian? Really?
Did I say that???? I didnt see any reason given for the choice other than it was in the neighborhood. Most people go little deeper than that. Was it bad taste for them to agree to host it and then try to set guidelines after the fact, yes, chances are also high the sermon would not have set well with partner either....... so why pick that church since they clearly dont believe the same things..........

The Pastor made the noble right decision. I would have done the same thing. Morals had to be upheld.

Family Church in Lakewood stops woman s funeral because she was gay - The Denver Post

Why? He took their money a week beforehand and let them in the church.

What's wrong with having the deceased's pictures on display?
They should sue the church then, it took their money and earned interest on it. But I think the legal bills wouldn't make it worth it.
If the Church doesn't give the money back then that's messed up.

I don't know why gay people would want a funeral or get married at a place that hates them. There are Churches that would have gone on with the funeral they could have chosen.
The point was they didn't know the church was run by the local denomination of Westboro Baptist, and the church took their money - or should I say stole it for the interest and tax deduction. I should start up an 'Atheist Church', and bag those deduction moneys - religion is a racket.

Churches can act as bigoted as they want to.

LAKEWOOD — Hundreds of Vanessa Collier's friends and family gathered Saturday at New Hope Ministries, sitting before an open casket that held the woman they loved, when suddenly the minister overseeing her funeral stopped the service.

The memorial could not continue, Pastor Ray Chavez said, as long as pictures of Collier with the love of her life, the spouse she shared two children with, were to be displayed.

Chavez said there could be no images of Collier with her wife, Christina. There could be no indication that Collier was gay.

Outraged, those who loved Collier, 33, picked up programs, flowers and eventually the dead woman's casket itself, moving the service to a mortuary that — thankfully, they say — happened to be across the street.

LAKEWOOD — Hundreds of Vanessa Collier's friends and family gathered Saturday at New Hope Ministries, sitting before an open casket that held the woman they loved, when suddenly the minister overseeing her funeral stopped the service.

The memorial could not continue, Pastor Ray Chavez said, as long as pictures of Collier with the love of her life, the spouse she shared two children with, were to be displayed.

Chavez said there could be no images of Collier with her wife, Christina. There could be no indication that Collier was gay.

Outraged, those who loved Collier, 33, picked up programs, flowers and eventually the dead woman's casket itself, moving the service to a mortuary that — thankfully, they say — happened to be across the street.

And you can love faggots as much as you want.

Why wasnt it at the funeral home to begin with? She didnt go to church... inevitably Preacher would have said something that angered them anyway....... just seems like poor planning .... or an effort to manufacture a story

Did I say that???? I didnt see any reason given for the choice other than it was in the neighborhood. Most people go little deeper than that. Was it bad taste for them to agree to host it and then try to set guidelines after the fact, yes, chances are also high the sermon would not have set well with partner either....... so why pick that church since they clearly dont believe the same things..........

You stated 'she didn't go to church.' Why would that matter? Do we know she's not Christian?

My contention is that the church pays no taxes and uses taxpayer based services, so they should give back to the community for shirking their responsibility regardless of their tax advantage.

Don't you just love conservatives, and how they 'believe' their shit don't stink!

In 36 states that is.

And steal other people's money, and refuse to refund a service. They sent a video a week before to the church that showed them kissing. It's damn obvious the church did it to rob them for the tax deduction and interest on the money, as well as the fact the church hated lesbsians.

It definitely should be clearly announced thru-out the town what that pastor did...and let those who agree join his church and others leave. People like that deserve each other anyways.

Don't you just love conservatives, and how they 'believe' their shit don't stink!
This is how religion works. If you call yourself a pastor, you can rob people with impunity. Till the IRS realizes what's going on, but by then they have bagged a million in profits. I am sure the Pastor loves robbing gays, especially because the pastor hates them.

You stated 'she didn't go to church.' Why would that matter? Do we know she's not Christian?

My contention is that the church pays no taxes and uses taxpayer based services, so they should give back to the community for shirking their responsibility regardless of their tax advantage.

My point is she wouldnt have gone there in life...........so what drove the choice............they dont believe what that church preaches. Poor planning or a deliberate lawsuit set up. I would bet a large % of funerals are held in Furneral homes.

Oh thank you! As Jesus said:

29Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD.30And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’g31The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’h No other commandment is greater than these.”

Forum List

Back