Last gun shop in San Francisco to close

It's a message, it's symbolic of the ethos of many other people in this country and in other civilized nations. Not withstanding the talking point of those who profit from the sale of guns, guns do kill people.
And silverware makes you fat... right.

Fast food and sodas don't require silverware, and guns are not necessary to kill, but they are sufficient as tools to do so and were created for that purpose. Now, go find a good therapist, you need a couple of them,
You're not holding water here, bubble head. Your rationale is pathetic.

I laid a loaded pistol on my table and ya know, it laid there for a WEEK and NEVER KILLED ANYONE. Now... how is that? According to you, I thought for sure it would JUMP UP AND KILL SOMEONE.

You have a short fuse, and likely a violent temper. Take my advice and get into therapy.
And you're a troll breaking the zone 2 rules with inappropriate behavior, trolling, insults, adding nothing to the discussion.

Your opinion, my comments have been substantive, including my assessment of your mental health. Violent tempers, much like alcohol, don't mix well with gun possession.

The last decent gun shop in Oakland (Siegle's) closed in 2007. Running it out of business didn't reduce crime in the city.

Knowing what I know about Oakland, I'd wanna close their gun stores too. Bad guys would be breaking into the place all night long..Ain't know way you can stop em.

Oakland is one of the 25 most violent cities in the United States….

Last gun shop in San Francisco confirms closure due to new law

Enjoy the increase in gun crime San Francisco residents!

---
California passed some of the nation’s toughest gun laws over the past two decades, and gun deaths across the state have declined by more than half, according to a new study by a California-based nonprofit research group.

Gun violence across California dropped 56% from 5,500 gun deaths in 1993 to 2,935 in 2010, according to the study, which took into account California’s expanded population from about 30 to 37 million people over the same period.

Among all 50 states, California has perhaps the strongest gun control laws. “California is at the very top end of firearms regulation,” legal expert Bryan L. Ciyou and author of “Gun Laws By State” told msnbc.

Care to provide a link. I have friends in law enforcement and they say this is not factual.

---
My bad; i was going to add the link, but missed doing so before posting; was hurried at work.

http://smartgunlaws.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/20YearsofSuccess_ForWebFINAL3.pdf

Cute propaganda piece. The evidence shows that the mandatory incarceration of violent criminals had the effect. The violent gangbangers were put in prison for years and that had an immediate impact on gun and violent crimes in general. In fact, now that they are being released the crime rate and the violent crime rate is increasing. Funny how your web site didn't mention those very checkable facts.

The only way to stem gun crime….lock up criminals who use guns for a long time. That is the only way to do it.

"The mood is somber at High Bridge Arms as the shop is closing following introduction of a law to video all gun and ammo sales and transmit data to the police department."
What law abiding person would object to being videoed when purchasing from a gun shop?

Because it sets up a record for later confiscation or forced turn ins. Criminals are not going to gun stores….they have their friends who can pass background checks go there and buy their guns.

"The mood is somber at High Bridge Arms as the shop is closing following introduction of a law to video all gun and ammo sales and transmit data to the police department."
What law abiding person would object to being videoed when purchasing from a gun shop?
If you're not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to fear...right?
Really.
Tell us how you feel about no-warrant wiretaps.

The murder rate in 2015 is spiraling. Arming citizens is not helping a bit.

No….attacking police and police not being aggressive is increasing crime rates. I think this is part of stage 2 of Fast and Furious….the police are the main weapon against criminals. Get them to stand down, to hesitate to stop suspected criminals….and the criminals get bold, and start acting up.

I'm not sure what your point is, but here are some facts:

Bay Area cities’ homicide rates show striking drop
My point is that more people are arming themselves and the murder rate increased.

Actually, you are wrong. As more Americans have bought and carry guns, the murder rate, per the CDC and the FBI has gone down, not up.

The last decent gun shop in Oakland (Siegle's) closed in 2007. Running it out of business didn't reduce crime in the city.

Knowing what I know about Oakland, I'd wanna close their gun stores too. Bad guys would be breaking into the place all night long..Ain't know way you can stop em.

I"m not surprised. Why didn't you post the other 24?

I'm not sure what your point is, but here are some facts:

Bay Area cities’ homicide rates show striking drop
My point is that more people are arming themselves and the murder rate increased.

Actually, you are wrong. As more Americans have bought and carry guns, the murder rate, per the CDC and the FBI has gone down, not up.

Causation is often confused with correlation, which indicates the extent to which two variables tend to increase or decrease in parallel. However,correlation by itself does not imply causation. There may be many other factors for the fluctuations in both variables.

California passed some of the nation’s toughest gun laws over the past two decades, and gun deaths across the state have declined by more than half, according to a new study by a California-based nonprofit research group.
Violent crime in CA, as well as gun-related violent crime in CA are both significantly above the national average.
Compared to states that have NO gun control laws, such as Vermont, CA crime rates are astronomical.
Why is that?
Still looking for an answer....

Violent crime in CA, as well as gun-related violent crime in CA are both significantly above the national average.
Compared to states that have NO gun control laws, such as Vermont, CA crime rates are astronomical.
Why is that?

Let's examine your post:

CA has 37,000,000 million people
VT has 625,000

CA is diverse
VT's population of 625,000 includes 596,000 whites and less than 1% of minorities

The vast majority in CA live in big cities
VT's population lives in small town and rural communites

I have, in other posts.

Why is that?
Let's examine your post:
VT has 625,000

CA is diverse
VT's population of 625,000 includes 596,000 whites and less than 1% of minorities

And so, your conclusion is....?

When adjusted for Gang Violence, that rate drops dramatically. I, for one, am not overly concerned with criminal gang bangers offing each other as long as they stay on their own turf.

Here you go…from 2013…..the list stays pretty constant over time…..

24 out of these 25 cities have democrats in charge, and they have been in charge for decades……

Most Dangerous Cities In America - Business Insider

When adjusted for Gang Violence, that rate drops dramatically. I, for one, am not overly concerned with criminal gang bangers offing each other as long as they stay on their own turf.

Yes…when you look at violent criminals, they are not normal people who suddenly develop a desire for rape, robber and murder. Almost all shootings involve someone with a past criminal record. In Richmond California, there are 17 criminals known to police responsible for over 70% of all the shootings there.

That is why it is so important to lock up violent criminals for a long time…if not for life.

24 out of these 25 cities have democrats in charge, and they have been in charge for decades……

Thank you. One can see from a cursory look that violent cities exist in nearly every region of the US, and usually in very large cities. That should not surprise anyone. Missing however, were NYC, LA, Dallas and Phoenix, cities which one might assume are the ying and yang of gun ownership.

Thank you. One can see from a cursory look that violent cities exist in nearly every region of the US, and usually in very large cities. That should not surprise anyone. Missing however, were NYC, LA, Dallas and Phoenix, cities which one might assume are the ying and yang of gun ownership.

The one thing they all have in common is Democrat controlled city governments. There may be an outlier or two, but the Prog Agenda has destroyed the lives of underclass in the cities they control.

Why is that?

Let's examine your post:

VT has 625,000

CA is diverse

Oh, so you DO agree that it is the illegals who are committing the vast majority of violent crime in California. So, if that's true, why do you demand that the non violent people be disarmed too?

Forum List

Back