Laughing While Black

Witness agrees racism is the only way to explain different treatment for similar behaviour.

People would rather just agree with whatever when they suspect the race card has been played than actually do some thinking and be proactive.

Sonoma was nice. But...snootyville too.

In my experience, the hospitality industry workers tend to be the worst kind of people as far as race relations go. These folks will lick your ass if they think you have money. These are the same folks who will not afford you even modicum of decency if they think you are not rich. These folks think that dark complexioned people cannot be rich and that is where the trouble begins.

Last edited:
Vikrant, that happens everywhere. When I was a young'un, I had a wad of money in my back bell bottom jeans pocket. Hair to my butt. Hippie beads around my neck. I walked in to the local car lot and there on the showroom floor was a brand spankin' new baby poop yellow VW van. I wanted it. So pretty sitting there enclosed in the glass showroom. Everyone ignored me. I told a sales guy I wanted that van. He laughed. I asked to speak to the manager. Told him I wanted that van..and pointed to it. He laughed. So I pulled the wad of money out and said "the car lot next door might want this" and all of a sudden, I was being fetched a chair, did I want a soda pop, did I want more info on the van, etc.
I just smiled, then said "get the keys. Get it out of this glass cage". They scurried. I drove away in it.

Looks can be deceiving.;)

Vikrant, that happens everywhere. When I was a young'un, I had a wad of money in my back bell bottom jeans pocket. Hair to my butt. Hippie beads around my neck. I walked in to the local car lot and there on the showroom floor was a brand spankin' new baby poop yellow VW van. I wanted it. So pretty sitting there enclosed in the glass showroom. Everyone ignored me. I told a sales guy I wanted that van. He laughed. I asked to speak to the manager. Told him I wanted that van..and pointed to it. He laughed. So I pulled the wad of money out and said "the car lot next door might want this" and all of a sudden, I was being fetched a chair, did I want a soda pop, did I want more info on the van, etc.
I just smiled, then said "get the keys. Get it out of this glass cage". They scurried. I drove away in it.

Looks can be deceiving.;)

A very sexy description :) Sounds like Jane Fonda :)

If you are going to be loud and disruptive in a confined public space, you going to get the boot if you are White, Brown, Red, Yellow or Black. It's a volume thing.
Bullshit. I worked in the transportation industry for 5 years and actually dealt with this same company. Whites are on that train all the time loud and obnoxious and dont get the boot.

If you are going to be loud and disruptive in a confined public space, you going to get the boot if you are White, Brown, Red, Yellow or Black. It's a volume thing.
Bullshit. I worked in the transportation industry for 5 years and actually dealt with this same company. Whites are on that train all the time loud and obnoxious and dont get the boot.

That train is not used for transportation. It is strictly a party train. So people do get festive on it. It takes off from Napa and goes to St Helena and then brings you back to Napa. The one way distance it covers is about 20 miles. It takes about 3 - 4 hours for the round trip. The entire trip takes place at the speed of mere 30mph. It is boring unless you had plenty of alcohol (wine).

That train is not used for transportation. It is strictly a party train. So people do get festive on it. It takes off from Napa and goes to St Helena and then brings you back to Napa. The one way distance it covers is about 20 miles. It takes about 3 - 4 hours for the round trip. The entire trip takes place at the speed of mere 30mph. It is boring unless you had plenty of alcohol (wine).
If you sit on the train and take a trip it is used for transportation. Basically you are saying they just have a party and dont move. Before it leaves from Napa it comes through Sacramento and picks up people and puts on a couple of private cars.

Forum List

Back