Leading Florida Republican says vote for Hillary or don't vote

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Mac Stipanovich is a big shot Republican in the electorally important State of Florida. What Stipanovich wrote in his open letter mirrors what I'm hearing from my mostly Republican golf buddies and the guys I exercise my weapons with at a Seattle area gun range...

Mac Stipanovich is... the former Chief of Staff for Republican Florida Governor Bob Martinez.
Stipanovich: "An open letter to my fellow Republicans" and “We spawned Donald Trump; now we must stop him. We must deny him the presidency by not voting in the presidential election at all or voting for Hillary Clinton…”

An open letter to my fellow Republicans
Mac Stipanovich, Context Florida 1:01 a.m. EDT May 5, 2016

< SNIP>

On a personal level, Trump is a boor, a bully, a carnival barker and an embarrassment. Politically, by intent or instinct, he is a neo-fascist — a nativist, an ultranationalist, a racist, a misogynist, an anti-intellectual, a demagogue and a palingenetic (sorry) authoritarian to whom clings the odor of the political violence he encourages.

He appeals to our fears, preys on our anxieties and exploits our ignorance. A worse candidate to sit in the Oval Office for the next four years cannot be imagined.

And he is our responsibility. We spawned Donald Trump; now we must stop him. We must deny him the presidency by not voting in the presidential election at all or voting for Hillary Clinton if conscience permits.

< SNIP>

A drop of a few percentage points in the Republican vote for Trump will be enough, which is why the pressure to conform, to toe the party line, will be enormous. We cannot depend on our elected leaders to lead us. They, for the most part, will fold like cheap lawn chairs, cowed by fear and fueled by ambition.

MUCH more: http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/2016/05/04/mac-stipanovich-open-letter-my-fellow-republicans/32600059/

John “Mac” Stipanovich is a Republican lawyer and lobbyist who served as Gov. Bob Martinez’s chief of staff. Column courtesy of Context Florida.

wow.gif

Can anyone tell me WHY the RNC didn't get rid of Trump while they had a chance? They like to make a big deal about being a private organization that doesn't have to take the voters' choice into consideration if they don't want to. So why didn't they show him the door a long time ago? Retards, if you ask me. They let it happen and now a lot of us have NO ONE to vote for.

More proof of ignorance.
Nonsense. Why would people who don't live in Florida or know Florida politics have any idea who he is?
More likely your post is just proof of trolling than hers is of ignorance
You wish, if you claim to be political party member, it would be smart to know who the players are.
She and you most likely spend more time studying who's on your favorite football team than knowing who's running the country.
Your statement is as ignorant as hers.

More proof of ignorance.
Nonsense. Why would people who don't live in Florida or know Florida politics have any idea who he is?
You wish, if you claim to be political party member, it would be smart to know who the players are.
She and you most likely spend more time studying who's on your favorite football team than knowing who's running the country.
He isn't running the country you dumb twit. As a resident of Missouri my attention is paid to what I actually have some level of input over.
Florida's politics have nothing to do with Missouri. Nor do I give a rats ass what this man thinks or says.

Mac Stipanovich is a big shot Republican in the electorally important State of Florida. What Stipanovich wrote in his open letter mirrors what I'm hearing from my mostly Republican golf buddies and the guys I exercise my weapons with at a Seattle area gun range...

Mac Stipanovich is... the former Chief of Staff for Republican Florida Governor Bob Martinez.
Stipanovich: "An open letter to my fellow Republicans" and “We spawned Donald Trump; now we must stop him. We must deny him the presidency by not voting in the presidential election at all or voting for Hillary Clinton…”

An open letter to my fellow Republicans
Mac Stipanovich, Context Florida 1:01 a.m. EDT May 5, 2016

< SNIP>

On a personal level, Trump is a boor, a bully, a carnival barker and an embarrassment. Politically, by intent or instinct, he is a neo-fascist — a nativist, an ultranationalist, a racist, a misogynist, an anti-intellectual, a demagogue and a palingenetic (sorry) authoritarian to whom clings the odor of the political violence he encourages.

He appeals to our fears, preys on our anxieties and exploits our ignorance. A worse candidate to sit in the Oval Office for the next four years cannot be imagined.

And he is our responsibility. We spawned Donald Trump; now we must stop him. We must deny him the presidency by not voting in the presidential election at all or voting for Hillary Clinton if conscience permits.

< SNIP>

A drop of a few percentage points in the Republican vote for Trump will be enough, which is why the pressure to conform, to toe the party line, will be enormous. We cannot depend on our elected leaders to lead us. They, for the most part, will fold like cheap lawn chairs, cowed by fear and fueled by ambition.

MUCH more: http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/2016/05/04/mac-stipanovich-open-letter-my-fellow-republicans/32600059/

John “Mac” Stipanovich is a Republican lawyer and lobbyist who served as Gov. Bob Martinez’s chief of staff. Column courtesy of Context Florida.

wow.gif

This post needs its own thread! The accuracy of the description of Trump is spot on, and include the ruck who support him.

More proof of ignorance.
He isn't running the country you dumb twit. As a resident of Missouri my attention is paid to what I actually have some level of input over.
Florida's politics have nothing to do with Missouri. Nor do I give a rats ass what this man thinks or says.
Aye and there's the rub!

More proof of ignorance.

The post is one of fact, and describes who "mac" is and what he represents. The post is responsible, informative and a winner - the exact opposite of yours and the other by the moron who you defend.

More proof of ignorance.
You might not have any input in what happens in Florida, but the out come of the next election does affect you, so what goes on in Florida, like this, will have national repercussions that you will feel.
Florida should be important to you at this point.

Forum List

Back