🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Leave It To An Irishman To Have Some Balls: "America Has Elected A Fascist."

Best damn speech I've heard in some time. Take note, American Democrats -- THIS is what you're supposed to be doing. I've never been more proud to be Irish.

I wonder if someone told him Hillary lost....:lol:

I think he saw for himself that the flawed Electoral College allowed a fascist to infect the White House, like a virus.

The electoral college worked exactly as it was designed to work. How is that "flawed?"

Actually, the electoral college is designed precisely to prevent fascist demagogues from infecting the white house. It failed.

The Electoral College Was Created to Stop Demagogues Like Trump

Nope. It was designed to prevent a few big states from controlling who became President, and it is working perfectly.

It wasn't intended to prevent Republicans from getting elected, as you apparently believe.

Then why should you give a fuck how we run our elections?

Why should you give a fuck what happens in Cuba? Why should you give a fuck what happens in Iraq? Why should you give a fuck what happens in Chile circa 1972? Why should you give a fuck what happens in Iran? Why should you give a fuck what happens in Vietnam?

Get the picture, yet?
I don't sit on Iraqi discussion forums and kibbitz about their elections.

Then why should you give a fuck how we run our elections?

Why should you give a fuck what happens in Cuba? Why should you give a fuck what happens in Iraq? Why should you give a fuck what happens in Chile circa 1972? Why should you give a fuck what happens in Iran? Why should you give a fuck what happens in Vietnam?

Get the picture, yet?
I don't sit on Iraqi discussion forums and kibbitz about their elections.
Me either. Yeesh. I guess we are the center of the universe, lol.

The electoral college worked exactly as it was designed to work. How is that "flawed?"

In so many ways. What a shit system of govt you have.

Honestly, trying to explain our electoral college to foreigners is next to impossible. It's an archaic and asinine system that actually has some uncomfortable roots with slavery.

The Troubling Reason the Electoral College Exists
lol, you mean the founding fathers attempts to get rid of slavery.

Best damn speech I've heard in some time. Take note, American Democrats -- THIS is what you're supposed to be doing. I've never been more proud to be Irish.

I wonder if someone told him Hillary lost....:lol:

I think he saw for himself that the flawed Electoral College allowed a fascist to infect the White House, like a virus.

Actually, the electoral college is designed precisely to prevent fascist demagogues from infecting the white house. It failed.

The Electoral College Was Created to Stop Demagogues Like Trump

Nope. It was designed to prevent a few big states from controlling who became President, and it is working perfectly.

It wasn't intended to prevent Republicans from getting elected, as you apparently believe.

That's not actually true. It was created in a time when people simply didn't have enough access to the information required to make an educated vote.

Also, Alexander Hamilton wrote about the reasons in the Federalist Papers. From the article:

"Consider what Alexander Hamilton wrote in Federalist Paper Number 68. The Electors were supposed to stop a candidate with “Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity” from becoming President. The Electors were supposed to be “men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice.”

They were to “possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations” as the selection of the President, and they were supposed to “afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder.” They were even supposed to prevent “the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.”

Hamilton was talking about demagogues. The word “demagogue” appears in both the first and last Federalist Papers; in Federalist Paper Number 1, for instance, Hamilton worried about the “military despotism of a victorious demagogue.”

He's probably just worried that the 50,000 or so Irish here in the U.S. illegally are about to be sent back to Ireland.

That's just the tip of the iceberg of what he's "probably" worried about.
Well, he's worried because Ireland doesn't want them back.

Illegal immigrants are lawbreakers and should be deported. We're a nation of laws and how can people who sneak into the country illegally respect our laws when American liberals don't?
People who enter the country legally are welcome and that's how it should be in every single nation.

Honestly, trying to explain our electoral college to foreigners is next to impossible. It's an archaic and asinine system that actually has some uncomfortable roots with slavery.

I understand it. I just think it's archaic. A Delaware voter's ballot is worth more than that in California? Interesting system. Giving more power to certain people that others. So much for one person one vote.

I understand it. I just think it's archaic. A Delaware voter's ballot is worth more than that in California? Interesting system. Giving more power to certain people that others. So much for one person one vote.

It's stupid and no longer relevant. It doesn't take into account voter demographics, and as you said, devalues the votes of certain people. In this case, it's devaluing everyone who voted for Hillary, as at last count Hillary leads the popular vote by 1,265,379 votes. lol @ democracy.

It's stupid and no longer relevant. It doesn't take into account voter demographics, and as you said, devalues the votes of certain people. In this case, it's devaluing everyone who voted for Hillary, as at last count Hillary leads the popular vote by 1,265,379 votes. lol @ democracy.

How is it "stupid" or irrelevant? What would taking account of "voter demographics" involve, and why should any electoral system do that?

It's a good thing the votes of the 5 million illegal aliens who voted for Hillary were devalued.

It has to do with the proper allocation of the citizens. The citizens in each state are represented by the ones that vote which is a statistically valid assumption.

What's so great about "one person one vote?" That means the votes of the stupid and irresponsible.count as much as the votes of the smart and responsible.

It has to do with the proper allocation of the citizens. The citizens in each state are represented by the ones that vote which is a statistically valid assumption.

You have to understand that left wingers despise the whole concept of state sovereignty. That's why they hate the electoral college.

How is it "stupid" or irrelevant? What would taking account of "voter demographics" involve, and why should any electoral system do that?

It's a good thing the votes of the 5 million illegal aliens who voted for Hillary were devalued.

Not ONE illegal alien voted, you moron. They CAN'T vote -- dipshit.

No other democracy in the world goes by something other than the popular vote. And if virtually ALL of middle America is red, and only the tiny slivers of the east and west coast are blue, then yes, voter demographics should be somehow factored in if the stupid electoral college wants to actually stay relevant.

I am part Irish, I remember the violence and strife and the "troubles". We in America, haven't had to go through any of that, so it amazes me a Irishman could be so brazen and so ignorant to say such a thing.

I am part Irish, I remember the violence and strife and the "troubles". We in America, haven't had to go through any of that, so it amazes me a Irishman could be so brazen and so ignorant to say such a thing.

You are 100% delusional. WAKE UP.

Forum List

Back