LeBron James: NFL owners are ‘old white men’ with ‘slave mentality’ toward players

LeBron is much more than just the worlds greatest basketball player, he is also a very eloquent spokesman on social justice. When he speaks out about issues not related to basketball, racists can get very upset.

Shut Up and Dribble: Modern NBA History from executive producers LeBron James & Maverick Carter, narrated by Jemele Hill - Official Series Site | SHOWTIME

He's upset that NFL owners feel that the Team is "Their" team. Of course the team belongs to the owners, they invested in it. They have the right to fire their employees including the players, hell when I was working in a restaurant making 3.35 an hour the rule was your late 3 times, your fired... no exceptions... don't be late.
Don't like it go work somewhere else that has different rules. Lebron Doesnt know what its like to feel like a slave,
his family has economic freedom for the next 10 generations minimum.

LeBron James: NFL owners are ‘old white men’ with ‘slave mentality’ toward players

Haha...you gotta love it...these ignorant fools won’t rest until they’re at the back of the bus again.

This is why Lebron James will never be half the star Michael Jordan was. He runs his mouth where he shouldn’t be. Political matter, a press conference every time he shits. He changes teams like he changes his socks. No one cares what he thinks. You get paid to play basketball and you are overrated and overpaid. Shut the fuck up and play basketball asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Free speech , millions of us like it when he calls out the bullshit.

What is the bullshit he is calling out?
He called out the orange on being a divider. You disagree ?

Who knew that slave mentality was all about paying employees millions of dollars a year to play a game? :dunno:

Excellent post. What King James does by comparing NFL owners to slave holders is marginalize the horror of true slavery. It’s ignorant and nobody will call him out on it to his face.

Here is a link to where some of these NFL “slaves” live.

10 Most Expensive Homes of NFL Players | Expensive Houses | SuccessStory

And here is a picture of where actual slaves lived.

151EF226-5460-4A9E-9D68-EFC42DF6F155.jpeg

Which league can release players without further pay?

Uh....the NFL like I just said...hello?

I wanted to clarify because that statement is not really true, and I don't know about how other leagues work. In most cases it probably is true that cut players don't get paid any more, but there have been more and more contracts recently with large guaranteed portions. Kirk Cousins' supposedly fully guaranteed contract with the Vikings is a glaring example, but players like Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Khalil Mack, and others have gotten contracts with guaranteed money beyond simple signing bonuses, as I understand it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true of the other major sports leagues, in general; that the top players have the sorts of guarantees that keep them getting paid even if they are cut, while most of the other players don't have those sorts of guarantees in their contracts. I don't know, however. Maybe most basketball or baseball contracts have a lot of guaranteed money. :dunno:

It works the other way too....when Megatron retired with a year left on his contract with the Detroit Lions, they sued him to retrieve that portion of the signing bonus and won. The NFL owners are tough bastards but certainly not "racist"...it just happens that most of their players are black (thicker skulls, less concussions) so when their is a dispute they have to put up with the bullshit.

"Thicker skulls, less concussions"? Where do you get that from? I probably shouldn't even bother asking why you believe the old idea that blacks have thicker skulls, but what makes you believe thicker skulls means less concussions?

What is lost is how cowardly and lazy slave owners were....they were lowly human beings....anti life. The darkest days of the nation. The comparison is void.

Would someone please name me ONE southern slave-owner who paid their cotton-pickers TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to toss a ball around a field or negotiate an orange ball through a metal ring? I'll wait.

Jesus-fucking-Christ, why don't these sniveling, weepy, tender, pwwwecious little black crybabies GROW THE FUCK UP AND ACT :LIKE MEN FOR THE FIRST TIME in their victim-mentality, coddled, delicate little lives?? What the fuck is wrong with you little girls in black male bodies? Are you all secretly on the "down low"? People can whine about WAAAAAAYCISM until the moon magically turns into green cheese but the fact of the matter is, black male crybabies themselves have debased and degraded their own race with their 24/7/365 sniveling, not their white bogeymen.

Haha...you gotta love it...these ignorant fools won’t rest until they’re at the back of the bus again.

He’s right . Nfl is an old boys network.

Maybe it is and so what? if people don't like it, if players don't like it, they can save their millions and become partners or owners themselves. If they want things to change then they should change it themselves. Most NFL players are broke within 5 years of retiring despite making millions of dollars. This should tell you that rich white owners aren't the only ones who need to look in the mirror. The NFL has been in existence long enough now that up and coming players can learn by the mistakes their predecessors, and with college educations they can learn to be more responsible with their money and make better lives for themselves. Then maybe they wouldnt feel so taken advantage of.

He’s right . Nfl is an old boys network.

Nah, this is just a White mans nation...old money belongs to Whites. Maybe he ought to play in Africa huh?

Whatever .

Compare with the other major sports where there’s better relations tween the players and owners .

he proves himself to be racist and the MSM/blacks/etc think it's ok for them to be racist

He has millions upon millions....he wins. In a nation that is all about making a dollar he has conquered. I don't watch nba...but he has struck it rich. That is all that matters nowadays.

This is why Lebron James will never be half the star Michael Jordan was. He runs his mouth where he shouldn’t be. Political matter, a press conference every time he shits. He changes teams like he changes his socks. No one cares what he thinks. You get paid to play basketball and you are overrated and overpaid. Shut the fuck up and play basketball asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Free speech , millions of us like it when he calls out the bullshit.

What is the bullshit he is calling out?
He called out the orange on being a divider. You disagree ?

He wasn’t calling out Trump, it was about the NFL, you are pretty funny. You have any clue?

Last edited:
"Thicker skulls, less concussions"? Where do you get that from? I probably shouldn't even bother asking why you believe the old idea that blacks have thicker skulls, but what makes you believe thicker skulls means less concussions?

Ever punch a black guy in the forehead?....like cement. Pea brain surrounded by water with goldfish swimming around in circles....almost impossible to get it to slam into the side of the cement skull. Glad I could be of help since you obviously never learned anything in biology class. :eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back