Leftist Admits That Trump's Tax Bill is Working as Promised

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012

It must kill someone like him to have to admit that what the president promised is coming to fruition.

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks said that the GOP tax bill is working better than he thought it would and the evidence “seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money.”

Brooks stated, “I was against the Trump tax cuts. But the early evidence is that they’re working better than I thought. And so, in the first quarter, among S&P companies, capital expenditures are up 39 percent. That’s a seven-year high. That’s far higher than a lot of us thought. Stock buybacks, which is just giving people — to shareholders, that’s only 16 percent. So the evidence from just the first quarter seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money. … And so, it’s important to oppose what’s opposable and what’s reprehensible and offensive. And we’ve been doing that, as I say, for three years. But it’s also important to see reality. And the more serious opposition will, frankly, be on disastrous policies or not disastrous policies.”

From Brooks on Tax Bill: Seems Like 'What the Trump People Told Us Would Happen Is Happening' | Breitbart

I don't need an asshole like Brooks to tell me the obvious, but it sure is nice to see his dumbass chewing on crow.

Oh yeah. Those stock buybacks are really helping out the little guy.

What happened To the big bonuses to the working stiffs? What happens to the higher wages ?

It is working . Mostly Lining the pockets of big biz

Trump's Tax Bill is Working as Promised

perfectly !!

it adds trillions to the debt by 2020 ...

WOOHOO :banana:

The economy is already on the upswing and unemployment is already low .

Now would be the best time to actually work on the debt .

this is an area where I can agree that Trump fucked up on - should have vetoed the omnibus bill
casty.gif

Poll: Majority of Americans say they are not seeing change in paychecks due to tax cuts
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A majority of Americans say they are not yet seeing President Trump's tax cuts reflected in their paychecks, according to a new poll.

A CNBC All-America Economic Survey finds 52 percent of working adults say they haven't seen a change.

Just 32 percent of the working adults report taking home more money due to the tax cuts, which Trump signed into law late last year.

Of those saying they are taking home more money, 38 percent say the extra pay they receive helps them a "great deal" or a "fair amount."
Forty percent say the extra pay helps "some" or "just a little," and 22 percent report that the extra pay "does not help much at all."

The poll was conducted from March 17 to 20 among 800 Americans, of which 60 percent were working adults. Its margin of error is 3.5 percentage points.

The Treasury Department and IRS released new guidance earlier this year that adjusted the amounts that companies set aside from their employees' paychecks for federal taxes.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Trump and his cohorts, said 90% of workers wage earners bigger paychecks, but it seems inflation cancelled out anything noticeable to a majority of the tax payers.

It must kill someone like him to have to admit that what the president promised is coming to fruition.

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks said that the GOP tax bill is working better than he thought it would and the evidence “seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money.”

Brooks stated, “I was against the Trump tax cuts. But the early evidence is that they’re working better than I thought. And so, in the first quarter, among S&P companies, capital expenditures are up 39 percent. That’s a seven-year high. That’s far higher than a lot of us thought. Stock buybacks, which is just giving people — to shareholders, that’s only 16 percent. So the evidence from just the first quarter seems to be that what the Trump people told us would happen is happening, that companies are reinvesting the money. … And so, it’s important to oppose what’s opposable and what’s reprehensible and offensive. And we’ve been doing that, as I say, for three years. But it’s also important to see reality. And the more serious opposition will, frankly, be on disastrous policies or not disastrous policies.”

From Brooks on Tax Bill: Seems Like 'What the Trump People Told Us Would Happen Is Happening' | Breitbart
FYI-
David Brooks is a CONSERVATIVE commentator not a Liberal...NOT a Leftist!!!

David Brooks (commentator) - Wikipedia
David Brooks (commentator) - Wikipedia
David Brooks (born August 11, 1961) is an American author and conservative political and cultural commentator who writes for The New York Times. He has worked as a film critic for The Washington Times; a reporter and later op-ed editor for The Wall Street Journal; a senior editor at The Weekly Standard from its inception ...

this is an area where I can agree that Trump fucked up on - should have vetoed the omnibus bill
casty.gif

However, he is working very hard to remove some of the trash in that bill with the help of newer Republicans in Congress. There are several bills in committees and pending votes to rescind Billions in that bill.

Poll: Majority of Americans say they are not seeing change in paychecks due to tax cuts
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A majority of Americans say they are not yet seeing President Trump's tax cuts reflected in their paychecks, according to a new poll.

A CNBC All-America Economic Survey finds 52 percent of working adults say they haven't seen a change.

Just 32 percent of the working adults report taking home more money due to the tax cuts, which Trump signed into law late last year.

Of those saying they are taking home more money, 38 percent say the extra pay they receive helps them a "great deal" or a "fair amount."
Forty percent say the extra pay helps "some" or "just a little," and 22 percent report that the extra pay "does not help much at all."

The poll was conducted from March 17 to 20 among 800 Americans, of which 60 percent were working adults. Its margin of error is 3.5 percentage points.

The Treasury Department and IRS released new guidance earlier this year that adjusted the amounts that companies set aside from their employees' paychecks for federal taxes.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Trump and his cohorts, said 90% of workers wage earners bigger paychecks, but it seems inflation cancelled out anything noticeable to a majority of the tax payers.

I don't know where all this garbage is coming from but I have five kids who are working and have seen a lot more $$$$ in their pockets in every paycheck because of that tax reform.

No it isn't dummy

President Trump has targeted a growth rate of 3% or above, citing the Republican tax cuts passed in 2017. But some studies have found that the tax cuts passed have done little to boost growth, in part because most of the benefit went to wealthy people and corporations.

A 5.2% drop in exports — amid economic weakness in Europe and elsewhere as well as the U.S. trade war with China and other countries — contributed to the slowdown.

"Trade policy uncertainty weighs on companies," said Randy Kroszner, a former governor on the Federal Reserve Board. "They have to think about 'do I invest now do I invest later?' "

In addition to weaker exports, the Commerce Department cited a number of other factors for the slowdown, including drops in business investment and investments in commercial and residential real estate. But consumer spending jumped 4.3% in the second quarter and government spending surged 5%.

Government spending? I thought Republicans were against government spending. How bad would Trump's numbers be if government spending didn't surge 5%?

Forum List

Back