Leftists Now Clamoring To Get Guns And Finding Out It's Not That Easy

Actually the Reich made some damned fine guns: Mausers, Lugers, Walthers, Schmeissers, StG 44s...

01.StG44AssaultRifle_thumb.jpg

"First came the panic buying of hand sanitizer. Then, people panic bought toilet paper. Now, food shelves are emptying and firearm and ammunition sales are through the roof. The COVID19 outbreak might be bad for the stock market, but it’s certainly been a boon for very specific sectors of the economy. The gun industry, used to such boom/bust cycles, knows how to respond – but other sectors might not be so acclimated.

Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. Despite what politicians and many in popular media claim, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house. Well, you could, if you were a federally licensed firearm dealer (or federally licensed curio and relic collector) and your home was your place of business. Other than that, no, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped, especially across state lines, to your home."

A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online - Omaha Outdoors

---------------------

I never tire of proving these anti-gun idiots wrong.

Give it a rest. It's easier right now to buy a gun and ammo than buying Toilet Paper.

Riiighht... because toilet paper costs hundreds of dollars and requires background checks & waiting periods.

"First came the panic buying of hand sanitizer. Then, people panic bought toilet paper. Now, food shelves are emptying and firearm and ammunition sales are through the roof. The COVID19 outbreak might be bad for the stock market, but it’s certainly been a boon for very specific sectors of the economy. The gun industry, used to such boom/bust cycles, knows how to respond – but other sectors might not be so acclimated.

Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. Despite what politicians and many in popular media claim, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house. Well, you could, if you were a federally licensed firearm dealer (or federally licensed curio and relic collector) and your home was your place of business. Other than that, no, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped, especially across state lines, to your home."

A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online - Omaha Outdoors

---------------------

Give it a rest. It's easier right now to buy a gun and ammo than buying Toilet Paper.

Riiighht... because toilet paper costs hundreds of dollars and requires background checks & waiting periods.

Where I live, I can buy a gun in less than 5 minutes. But trying to buy TP is impossible. Most stores don't even bother to put the TP on the shelves. They just wheel the pallet onto the floor, take their lives in their own hands to get the shrink wrap off it and it flies out the door. If you are in an area that requires all that crap you claim to buy a gun then I suggest you either get your state/county/city to change it or move to a better location. It's not my fault you have these problems, it's yours. But I have no control over the TP or your stupidity on gun regs either.

---------------------

Such is the reprehensible right – as dishonest as they are wrong.

---------------------

OMG! A person has to have the gun shipped to his local licensed dealer, then he has to go over there, and endure a 3 minute background check! Oh, the HORROR!

---------------------

I tried to buy tp today and there was a waiting period.

---------------------

Wrong again.

I bought a Brno Model 1 online – no 4473, no background check, no waiting period.

The seller and I agreed to the sale on a firearm message board. I met the seller in a hotel parking lot, we verified we were residents of the same state, I paid the agreed price, and took the rifle home.

So yes, one can just buy firearms online.

---------------------

Wrong again.

I bought a Brno Model 1 online – no 4473, no background check, no waiting period.

The seller and I agreed to the sale on a firearm message board. I met the seller in a hotel parking lot, we verified we were residents of the same state, I paid the agreed price, and took the rifle home.

You arranged a meeting online. The sale was conducted offline. Are you really this stupid?

---------------------

Where I live, I can buy a gun in less than 5 minutes. But trying to buy TP is impossible. Most stores don't even bother to put the TP on the shelves. They just wheel the pallet onto the floor, take their lives in their own hands to get the shrink wrap off it and it flies out the door. If you are in an area that requires all that crap you claim to buy a gun then I suggest you either get your state/county/city to change it or move to a better location. It's not my fault you have these problems, it's yours. But I have no control over the TP or your stupidity on gun regs either.

"It's this way for me so it must be for everyone!"

Tool.

---------------------

Wrong again.

You arranged a meeting online. The sale was conducted offline. Are you really this stupid?
And if one has an FFL 03, he can purchase a firearm more than 50 years old, or a gun designated eligible by the ATF, online with no 4473, no background check, and no waiting period; the gun can be delivered directly to his front door.

This thread is yet another example of how ignorant or dishonest most conservatives are – in most cases both.

To the dishonest conservatives, you know perfectly well that when advocates of UBCs refer to online sales they’re referring to sales facilitated on social media sites, where it is legal for residents of the same state to conduct a firearm transaction without a background check or waiting period provided the transaction occurs in the participants’ state of residence.

This is indeed how prohibited persons come into possession of firearms; this is why UBCs are both warranted and appropriate.

---------------------

From a private party in an intrastate transaction, true.

---------------------

Wrong again.

And if one has an FFL 03, he can purchase a firearm more than 50 years old, or a gun designated eligible by the ATF, online with no 4473, no background check, and no waiting period; the gun can be delivered directly to his front door.

This thread is yet another example of how ignorant or dishonest most conservatives are – in most cases both.

To the dishonest conservatives, you know perfectly well that when advocates of UBCs refer to online sales they’re referring to sales facilitated on social media sites, where it is legal for residents of the same state to conduct a firearm transaction without a background check or waiting period provided the transaction occurs in the participants’ state of residence.

This is indeed how prohibited persons come into possession of firearms; this is why UBCs are both warranted and appropriate.

This thread is about people thinking they can order a gun online from anywhere and have it shipped to their front door you numbskull.

And if you're so concerned with universal background checks, why didn't you bring an FFL holder along and subject yourself to one during your "parking lot sale" you flaming fucking hypocrite?

---------------------

OMG! A person has to have the gun shipped to his local licensed dealer, then he has to go over there, and endure a 3 minute background check! Oh, the HORROR!
In some states, if one has a concealed weapon permit or license, he isn’t subject to a NICS background check at all.

Holders of a Florida concealed weapon license aren’t subject to a waiting period.

But the dishonest right won’t acknowledge these facts – they just continue to propagate their lies.

---------------------

No leftist should be allowed to possess a gun. Period!

Make that, no Democrat voter.
Many if not most of us already have them.

---------------------

A gun will get you to the front of the toilet paper queue...I assume that's why they're buying them.

---------------------

Wrong again.

---------------------

Wrong again.

Actually you are wrong...…..except maybe in your state that's how it works. But not so, here in Washington. ALL gun sales (with limited exception) have to include background checks. Even between private parties, where the transaction is done at & thru a licensed dealer that performs the BC.

RCW 9.41.113: Firearm sales or transfers—Background checks—Requirements—Exceptions.

Firearm sales or transfers—Background checks—Requirements—Exceptions.
(1) All firearm sales or transfers, in whole or part in this state including without limitation a sale or transfer where either the purchaser or seller or transferee or transferor is in Washington, shall be subject to background checks unless specifically exempted by state or federal law. The background check requirement applies to all sales or transfers including, but not limited to, sales and transfers through a licensed dealer, at gun shows, online, and between unlicensed persons.
(2) No person shall sell or transfer a firearm unless:
(a) The person is a licensed dealer;
(b) The purchaser or transferee is a licensed dealer; or
(c) The requirements of subsection (3) of this section are met.
(3) Where neither party to a prospective firearms transaction is a licensed dealer, the parties to the transaction shall complete the sale or transfer through a licensed dealer as follows:
(a) The seller or transferor shall deliver the firearm to a licensed dealer to process the sale or transfer as if it is selling or transferring the firearm from its inventory to the purchaser or transferee, except that the unlicensed seller or transferor may remove the firearm from the business premises of the licensed dealer while the background check is being conducted. If the seller or transferor removes the firearm from the business premises of the licensed dealer while the background check is being conducted, the purchaser or transferee and the seller or transferor shall return to the business premises of the licensed dealer and the seller or transferor shall again deliver the firearm to the licensed dealer prior to completing the sale or transfer.

---------------------

In some states, if one has a concealed weapon permit or license, he isn’t subject to a NICS background check at all.

Holders of a Florida concealed weapon license aren’t subject to a waiting period.

But the dishonest right won’t acknowledge these facts – they just continue to propagate their lies.

you do understand that if you get a CCP or a buyers permit, you already are undergoing a background check....

---------------------

Wrong again.

a Brno is nothing more than a .22 hunting rifle that’s over 50 years old. I had a .22 when I was 12. Over characterize much...

---------------------

That's how I got the last one I bought. They did not have what I wanted in stock, but offered to have it ordered and sold to me at the online price from one of the larger sellers in the country and only cost me an additional $20 for his handling. Now I buy ammo there on occasion and sent my son there when he wanted a carry weapon. Good small local business. Good home town people.

Forum List

Back