Leftists: Please explain to me how democracy is in jeopardy

You right wing Nazis want to censor speech, attack our voting rights, attack women's rights and establish a dictatorship. What right wingers need is a fist in the eye.

The Communists have been attacking free speech via their friends in social media. Now they are in panic mode because Musk bought Twitter to allow all free speech. Free speech to a commie is like a cross to Dracula.

Our democracy is clearly in danger. Republicans will try to make it harder to vote by doing away with mail-in ballots. They will get rid of early voting. The Republican candidate for Wisconsin governor has said that he will guarantee Republicans win if he is elected. Republicans clearly are poised to throw out votes to ensure that their candidate wins.

What happened on 1/6 is being supported by Republicans. Numerous Republicans have described these righty wing terrorists as tourists. One of them was shown barricading the door on 1/6.

The FBI did not spy on any political campaign. Nor did they tell social media companies to do anything. They were responsible is saying that this has not been proven and they are still right. Both impeachments were well founded. The only anti-abortion people who have been arrested are ones who break the law. These oil producing countries are clearly interfering in our elections. Donald Trump was impeached because he attempted to force a country to open a phony investigation of his political opponents.

No, Trump asked another leader to look into the shady deals of the last VP. Nobody would give his loser drug addict son a multi-million dollar deal for a no-show job without something in return. I wish they would do away with mail-in ballots except for those that can't vote in person. If you're too lazy to vote, stay home. Nobody on the right supported 1/6. Every right wing politician and media host condemned it. Yes, the FBI submitted phony FISA applications to spy on Trump's people. Do you live under a rock or something?

Pure Bull Shit. Drug dealers do not give their drugs away. lol American drug addicts are buying fentanyl. Heroin and fentanyl are both opioid drugs that bind to opioid receptors in the brain, reducing pain sensations and elevating pleasure and relaxation. Both are extremely potent, fast-acting, and can be lethal in as little as one dose. And Virginia doctor prescribed half a million opioid and fentanyl pills in two years, sentenced to 40 years in prison ...

Any doctor that subscribes pain killers for people that don't need it should be in prison. Correct, they are not giving away fentanyl, but they are getting people to take it without their knowledge hoping to get them hooked. That's why they are putting it in other drugs.

Our democracy is clearly in danger. Republicans will try to make it harder to vote by doing away with mail-in ballots. They will get rid of early voting. The Republican candidate for Wisconsin governor has said that he will guarantee Republicans win if he is elected. Republicans clearly are poised to throw out votes to ensure that their candidate wins.

What happened on 1/6 is being supported by Republicans. Numerous Republicans have described these righty wing terrorists as tourists. One of them was shown barricading the door on 1/6.

The FBI did not spy on any political campaign. Nor did they tell social media companies to do anything. They were responsible is saying that this has not been proven and they are still right. Both impeachments were well founded. The only anti-abortion people who have been arrested are ones who break the law. These oil producing countries are clearly interfering in our elections. Donald Trump was impeached because he attempted to force a country to open a phony investigation of his political opponents.
You're rather naive, BB! Just saying...

Any doctor that subscribes pain killers for people that don't need it should be in prison. Correct, they are not giving away fentanyl, but they are getting people to take it without their knowledge hoping to get them hooked. That's why they are putting it in other drugs.

Why are young people taking drugs.? Where is the parenting? Parents are on drugs also. Legalizing marijuana is just the beginning. We are a country of drug addicts,
The fastest-growing drug problem in the United States isn't cocaine, heroin, or methamphetamines. It is prescription drugs, and it is profoundly affecting the lives of teenagers. Apr 13, 2022
Current estimates from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration indicate that 15.4% of all adult Americans struggle with a substance use disorder each year. This percentage accounts for nearly 39 million people.Aug 2, 2022

It's the new catch phrase of the left: Our democracy is in danger if you vote Republican. Now, I've asked leftists on USMB how is democracy threatened if we vote Republican, and not one can give me a coherent answer or in most cases, any answer at all. Like robots, just repeat what you are told to repeat. Since I never got any answer, I'm creating a topic on it to see if somebody, anybody on the left can explain this threat to me.

On the right there was 1/6, a one day event that lasted several hours but resulted in business carried out as usual. No Republican representative supported it. No right-wing radio or television host supported it. And it happened nearly two years ago.

On the left you had the FBI engage in assisting the Democrat party by obtaining warrants with false applications to spy on a political foe, pressuring major social media companies to remove any posts about Hunter Biden's laptop scandal which resulted in Biden's win, two phony impeachments, attacking pro-life people protesting abortion clinics and arresting them, and more recently a President asking an oil producing nation to withhold their announcement they intend to cut oil production to help his party in a midterm election; something they based their first phony impeachment on President Trump for even though he never did any such thing.

So which party is the actual threat to democracy here?

If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side, pound the law; when you're the absolute worst, most dangerous and un-American President in history overseeing Weimar Republic inflation, setting up the US Dollar to lose its reserve currency status (but wait for when Republicans control Congress, of course), and on the verge of WWIII, say that Republicans are Nazis

In other words, everyone on the planet who is not in your bizarre little cult.
I take them at their word. They don't know why refusing to accept the results of free and fair elections, simply because a blatant con man told them those elections were rigged, is not a threat to democracy. 65+ failed court complaints won't change their minds.

Neither will the words of Trump's Justice Department, Trump's DHS, Trump's Attorney General, Trump's Supreme Court, Trump-appointed judges, Trump's White House staff, Trump's White House lawyers, Trump's campaign manager, Trump cybersecurity officials, several Republican lawmakers, Republican state and local election officials, state Supreme Courts and Republican State Attorneys General, and the GQP's very own handpicked Cyber Ninjas.

There is simply no getting through a brick wall that is that thick.

I take them at their word. They don't know why refusing to accept the results of free and fair elections, simply because a blatant con man told them those elections were rigged, is not a threat to democracy. 65+ failed court complaints won't change their minds.

Neither will the words of Trump's Justice Department, Trump's DHS, Trump's Attorney General, Trump's Supreme Court, Trump-appointed judges, Trump's White House staff, Trump's White House lawyers, Trump's campaign manager, Trump cybersecurity officials, several Republican lawmakers, Republican state and local election officials, state Supreme Courts and Republican State Attorneys General, and the GQP's very own handpicked Cyber Ninjas.

There is simply no getting through a brick wall that is that thick.

How many in any of those 65+ failed court complaints, court actually looked at the evidence and said that there is no fraud?

Zero.

Now, I've asked leftists on USMB how is democracy threatened if we vote Republican, and not one can give me a coherent answer or in most cases, any answer at all. Like robots, just repeat what you are told to repeat. Since I never got any answer, I'm creating a topic on it to see if somebody, anybody on the left can explain this threat to me.
NFBW: I can explain it to you if you are willing to read a lot and engage in a dialogue with an open, facts-oriented reality having respect for human’s ability to be reasonable and first and foremost with a scientific mind rather than a religion oriented mind.

First we must go back to 2015 when White Evangelical Trumpism was founded in 2015 when the MESSIAH rode down the Golden Escalator at Trump Tower according to the following posters from that era:

Steve_McGarrett 161021-#1 “God's children are awakened. They know the 'Holy Emperor of the White Race' is ready to take office and make America great again. They are the silent majority that will make it happen”​
The following exchanges are in Thread: “Unborn Child” September 2016
yiostheoy 160917-#1 “Back in 1974 the singing duo of Seals & Crofts released an album of songs including "Unborn Child" of which the title song was written by Jim Seals and Lana Bogan was a powerfully emotional appeal against abortion. These are the lyrics:​
"Oh little baby, you'll never cry, nor will you hear a sweet lullaby;​
Oh unborn child, if you only knew, just what your momma was planning to do;​
You're still a-clinging to the three of life, but soon you'll be cut off, before you get ripe;​
Oh unborn child, beginning to grow, inside your momma, but you'll never know;​
Oh tiny bud, that grows in the womb, only to be crushed, before you can bloom;​
Momma stop! Turn around! Go back! Think it over! ... ."​
In Philosophy any emotional argument is purely a fallacy which eludes logical thinking and rational analysis.​
In Science which is the philosophy of the physical, natural world, data must first be gathered and analyzed before a logical conclusion can be inferred through inductive reasoning.​
In Religion which is the doctrinal dogmatic pronouncement of an authoritarian council or leader pertaining to what Aristotle called "metaphysics" (meaning beyond physics), anything goes. Emotional arguments are prized and very common in religion.​
With 2016 being a national election year, we have not heard a lot about the hot button issue of abortion so far. Perhaps this is because both major candidates, Hillary and Trump, have both already gone on the record that they are personally pro choice.​
As for analyzing the issue of abortion itself, you must first decide which forum you intend to study it from and pronounce your sentence upon it in accordance with -- whether that be philosophical, or scientific, or religious, or Constitutional, or political. Each of these forums (fora in Latin) is completely different.​
Ergo if you desire to analyze the topic philosophically you must choose a criterion such as the greater good to weigh the pro- and anti- arguments with. Is the greater good benefitted or hurt by abortion? Most likely according to this criterion the greater good is benefitted by abortion.​
yiostheoy 160917-#1 “Scientifically there are no data (note that data is a plural word, and datum is the singular) which tell us either way if an unborn fetus is a conscious living being or not. From science we draw a blank.”​
From religion if you are Catholic or one of its derivative Christian offshoots, abortion has been pronounced by the Pope and other religious leadership as anathema. The Pope is presumably Christ's representative on Earth, unless you are anti-Catholic in which case he is Lucifer's.​
Constitutionally the Burger Court in 1973 decided in Roe v. Wade in a 7 to 2 decision that women (not men) had an inherent right to choose whether to abort a pregnancy or not. White and Rehnquist were the dissenters, with Burger and the other justices concurring, who favored Ms. Roe.​
I suppose any time that there is a dissent on the SCOTUS it means the case could have gone either way. A 7 to 2 decision suggests the overwhelming majority of the court agreed however. Today if the decision were rendered it would be closer to 4 to 4 at the moment most likely.​
Politically this is and always has been a hot button issue. There are emotional arguments on both sides which tend to lend sway to either point of view.​
My personal view is that no one should tell someone else what to do.​
Of course if someday we establish contact with a prenatal fetus and he/she tells us please don't murder her/him, we might all change our minds about extending Constitutional rights to fetuses (feti in Latin).​
In the meantime there will always be those on the far left and the far right who will argue emotionally (not logically nor scientifically nor philosophically) that their own view, whether pro- or anti- abortion, should be forced upon the rest of the Nation. Q.E.D. “​
<V> C_Clayton_Jones CCG161015-#17 “Nonsense. Everyone is opposed to abortion, everyone wishes to see the practice end. That’s not the source of the conflict. The source of the conflict concerns how to indeed bring about the end of the practice, where there are those who seek to ‘ban’ abortion in violation of the 14th Amendment and the right to privacy, and those who seek to end the practice consistent with the Constitution and its case law. And defending the privacy rights of women, where the state cannot compel a woman to give birth against her will, is not to ‘force’ anything on anyone. “​
<V> Unkotare 161015-#18 Wrong​
<V> CCG161015-#21 “No, this is wrong. The conflict is solely how to end the practice – where in fact most on the right and social conservatives have no desire to bring an end to abortion, but to the keep this wedge/hot button issue alive and well for some perceived partisan gain. Most on the right refuse to join others to find an actual, viable solution to the problem of abortion that comports with the Constitution and its case law.​
<V> Unkotare 161015-#23 “Obviously wrong. If you want to soothe your justifiably guilty conscience, stop serving death.”​
NFBW: Tell me Ray From Cleveland do you agree with Unkotare that every American is “serving death” who believes the same way the following poster (who is voting for Republicans to take control of Congress this cycle in favor of keeping our federal government “divided) believes?

PapaG221024-#397 “I am a fiscal conservative and a social moderate, I have stated it many times and I am against abortion, it is a wrong decision and women should be told tne mental and physical aspects so they can make an informed decision, but I can’t decide what other people do with their lives, that is between them and their god.”
NFBW: If you are willing to engage constructively on the questions you raised Ray From Cleveland, please respond accordingly leaving your firearms at the door.

END2211060836

Forum List

Back