Leftists Stage Book Burning In Schools

Can anyone provide a link to local a source concerning this story? I am having trouble finding one. Every article I've seen that mentions this story shows Starnes as the source. Does anyone live in the area? I would to hear from a local source to get the inside scoop.

Removing is the same as burning?

Banning IS metaphorical book burning - you know this.

No wonder you believe every lie $uffering $arah utters.

Words have power - the party will not permit words that conflict with party goals. I get it, I'v read the history of Pol Pot, the intellectual basis of the democratic party.

Words have power - the party will not permit words that conflict with party goals. I get it, I'v read the history of Pol Pot, the intellectual basis of the democratic party.

(My bold)

A rhetorical joke of some kind? Pol Pot, the late unlamented dictator, was practically our contemporary. & it's a first, I believe, to call Pot the intellectual basis of anything - other than mass murder in the name of ideological purity (that's what I remember of him, at any rate.) The Democratic Party of the US has a much longer history, as you may know.

(My bold)

A rhetorical joke of some kind? Pol Pot, the late unlamented dictator, was practically our contemporary. & it's a first, I believe, to call Pot the intellectual basis of anything - other than mass murder in the name of ideological purity (that's what I remember of him, at any rate.) The Democratic Party of the US has a much longer history, as you may know.

Joke?

We see the book banning in Temecula along side the daily assaults on fundamental liberty by the left in this nation. I fail to see the humor of the Khmer Rouge democrats.

Can anyone provide a link to local a source concerning this story? I am having trouble finding one. Every article I've seen that mentions this story shows Starnes as the source. Does anyone live in the area? I would to hear from a local source to get the inside scoop.

Try again sparky

Leftists Stage Book Burning In Schools Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Thanks, at least the article isn't just some repeat of Todd Starnes' work. I was hoping for a local perspective to the story. Like something from a local television station or newspaper. I am not saying this story isn't happening but I am not willing to just accept either of these sources as fact considering their overly partisan nature.

After I finishing brewing beer and making dinner I am going to try and find one.

Try again sparky

Leftists Stage Book Burning In Schools Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Thanks, at least the article isn't just some repeat of Todd Starnes' work. I was hoping for a local perspective to the story. Like something from a local television station or newspaper. I am not saying this story isn't happening but I am not willing to just accept either of these sources as fact considering their overly partisan nature.

After I finishing brewing beer and making dinner I am going to try and find one.

The Press Enterprise has a write up, but it's buried among other challenged books. Rational people can grasp the difference between "the Hiding Place" and "50 Shades of Grey," but we have Puddly Pillowbite here, so I had decided against it.

BANNED BOOK WEEK Challenges to books at Inland schools stir debate - Press Enterprise

School accused of purging Christian books Fox News

' “We are a public school, and as such, we are barred by law from purchasing sectarian curriculum materials with state funds,” she wrote. “We only keep on our shelves the books that we are authorized to purchase with public funds.” '

If it's a law, then it's a stupid law, but their hands are kind of tied for the moment.

If the books are removed due to the whim of a principal or superintendent, that's wrong.

In all, I can't figure out if Christian authors and messages are really being discriminated against. Personally, I hate the thought of any kind of censorship, beyond good old age appropriateness (and I give a ton of leeway on that).

' “We are a public school, and as such, we are barred by law from purchasing sectarian curriculum materials with state funds,” she wrote. “We only keep on our shelves the books that we are authorized to purchase with public funds.” '

If it's a law, then it's a stupid law, but their hands are kind of tied for the moment.

If the books are removed due to the whim of a principal or superintendent, that's wrong.

In all, I can't figure out if Christian authors and messages are really being discriminated against. Personally, I hate the thought of any kind of censorship, beyond good old age appropriateness (and I give a ton of leeway on that).

It certainly is not the law, and it violates the 1st Amendment. It is simply an administrator with an agenda.

It certainly is not the law, and it violates the 1st Amendment. It is simply an administrator with an agenda.

She disagrees. She is quoted as this coming from a law.

Still, I hate to see books banned. Just about any books. Hell, I remember Mein Kampf was in my high school library. I remember, because I took it out and read it.

She's being sued, and will lose. She attempted to further her agenda in violation of the law,

Still, I hate to see books banned. Just about any books. Hell, I remember Mein Kampf was in my high school library. I remember, because I took it out and read it.

I just couldn't get through that. I tried to read it, whether a bad translation or other - it was a rambling mess that didn't flow in any sort of rational manner.

I read Capital Vol. 1 - I read the Communist Manifesto; I really do try to give all ideas a fair shot. But Mein Kampf was unreadable for me.

She's being sued, and will lose. She attempted to further her agenda in violation of the law,

I just couldn't get through that. I tried to read it, whether a bad translation or other - it was a rambling mess that didn't flow in any sort of rational manner.

I read Capital Vol. 1 - I read the Communist Manifesto; I really do try to give all ideas a fair shot. But Mein Kampf was unreadable for me.

Oh, I'm not saying it made much sense. But I read it.

I am going to have to do a little research on this because Todd Starnes has history of alarmism, hyperbole, and a fact manipulating.
Agreed.

A search produced nothing but disreputable partisan rightwing and social conservative/fundamentalist sites infamous for contriving and propagating lies, just as is the case with the OP and most other conservatives – in essence most, if not all, USMB rightists can't be taken at their word and are completely devoid of credibility.

And of course there will be the usual rightists spouting the usual nonsense about how the 'liberal media' refuse to report such stories.

In general, because charter schools often receive money from taxpayers, they are subject to the same Establishment Clause jurisprudence with regard to the unwarranted entanglement of church and state, where complying with the Constitution is not a 'purge,'

so the gist of unhinged2008's nonsense is no books were burned and the "incident" was melodramatically over played by the republican nazi party.

Temecula, California is an idyllic place. It is wine country, with Vineyards and resorts lining Rancho California road as it winds through the nearly storybook valley.

But Temecula is also fascist country, with School District Superintendent Kathleen Hermsmeyer staging an old fashioned book burning. Hermsmeyer finds ideas to be dangerous, and is dedicated to stomping out ideas that contrast to the leftist ideology she embraces. Oberführer Hermsmeyer has ordered that any book written by a Christian, or which has a Christian message, or is published by a Christian publishing company must be removed from district library shelves and destroyed.

One of the books that Oberführer Hermsmeyer has ordered destroyed is Corrie Ten Boom's "The Hiding Place," which details the heroic struggle of Christians to hide and protect Jews from the Nazis during the Holocaust, which landed Ten Boom and her family in a concentration camp.

It is unclear whether Anne Frank's Diary has been burned or not.

Was startled but not suprised realizing I wept watching "The Monuments Men" at the flamethrower scene. Then totally lost it at the very end with the "Do you think anyone will remember in 30 years..."

Anyone who burns, proposes to burn, or defaces art including literature should be summarily executed.

delusional propaganda...
gotta consider the source...

Funny how the only ones running the story are rw Christians news sources and extreme rw sites, nothing from local news outlets..

Forum List

Back