Left's war on Christmas has utterly failed.

Christmas overall is alive and well in my personal opinion, although I do think that the celebration of the birth of Jesus is often times secondary to the celebration of Santa Claus and gift giving, which is very unfortunate. You can, however, find articles and stories from around the country during the Christmas season of local communities, organizations, and individual people making efforts to remove the religious aspects of Christmas out of a skewed understanding of the separation of church and state, but thankfully those examples are smaller in percentage than the people and communities that without fear celebrating with pride the birth of Jesus. I don't believe that there is a large scale "war on Christmas" but I do think that there are many people in this country that get so wrapped up in their disliking of Christmas and the religious connection to it that they lose sight of the positive and beautiful aspects of the Christmas season.

As for the actual topic of Hallmark Christmas movies they are predictable and mushy, but I Iook forward to them every year.

There are many, many opportunities for Christians to celebrate the religious aspects of Christmas, as individuals, organizations, and communities. I grew up in a village that had a church on just about every corner, with just about all Christian denominations represented, and the village bandshell was even booked for sunrise service on Easter morning. Put a creche on your church lawn, on the lawn of your home, sing, worship, pray.

Christmas overall is alive and well in my personal opinion, although I do think that the celebration of the birth of Jesus is often times secondary to the celebration of Santa Claus and gift giving, which is very unfortunate. You can, however, find articles and stories from around the country during the Christmas season of local communities, organizations, and individual people making efforts to remove the religious aspects of Christmas out of a skewed understanding of the separation of church and state, but thankfully those examples are smaller in percentage than the people and communities that without fear celebrating with pride the birth of Jesus. I don't believe that there is a large scale "war on Christmas" but I do think that there are many people in this country that get so wrapped up in their disliking of Christmas and the religious connection to it that they lose sight of the positive and beautiful aspects of the Christmas season.

As for the actual topic of Hallmark Christmas movies they are predictable and mushy, but I Iook forward to them every year.
and none of those people you called "they" has ever been successful at stopping ANYONE from celebrating Christmas...nor Easter -- which in my opinion is an even larger Christian holiday than Christmas...

Yet I have N-E-V-E-R seen folks going on about a War on Easter......this imaginary war on Christmas was started by the same people who excel at trying to panic Christians while fleecing their pockets....

There are public buildings and parks that have had to remove nativity scenes before. It doesn't happen often but it's happened. It is true that the removal of those scenes does not personal affect my own ability to celebrate Christmas but it is an example of people going out of their way to remove something that also doesn't affect their ability to not celebrate a holiday.

Easter is another holiday where the religious aspects of the holiday often times take a back seat to the Easter Bunny, candy, BBQ's, and "spring". People go to church on Easter and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus there typically but I wouldn't say that there are a lot of decorations or scenes that are targeted by organizations for removal since it's not a holiday where public buildings are typically decorated in a religious way.

"There are public buildings and parks that have had to remove nativity scenes before. It doesn't happen often but it's happened. It is true that the removal of those scenes does not personal affect my own ability to celebrate Christmas but it is an example of people going out of their way to remove something that also doesn't affect their ability to not celebrate a holiday."

are you sure it wasn't conservative christians demanding it be removed?

The Surprising Truth: Christians Once Banned Christmas ...

https://www.livescience.com › 32891-why-was-christmas-banned-in-ameri...

Dec 14, 2010 - In fact, the joyous religious holiday was actually banned in America for several decades by Christians themselves. ... "Most Americans today are unaware that Christmas was banned in Boston from 1659 to 1681." ... Christmas trees and decorations were considered to be unholy pagan rituals ...

I'm sure it has happened before sure, but it's probably not the norm in my opinion. It doesn't have to be an atheistic organization demanding the removal of things of course.

There are many, many opportunities for Christians to celebrate the religious aspects of Christmas, as individuals, organizations, and communities. I grew up in a village that had a church on just about every corner, with just about all Christian denominations represented, and the village bandshell was even booked for sunrise service on Easter morning. Put a creche on your church lawn, on the lawn of your home, sing, worship, pray.

I agree

and none of those people you called "they" has ever been successful at stopping ANYONE from celebrating Christmas...nor Easter -- which in my opinion is an even larger Christian holiday than Christmas...

Yet I have N-E-V-E-R seen folks going on about a War on Easter......this imaginary war on Christmas was started by the same people who excel at trying to panic Christians while fleecing their pockets....

There are public buildings and parks that have had to remove nativity scenes before. It doesn't happen often but it's happened. It is true that the removal of those scenes does not personal affect my own ability to celebrate Christmas but it is an example of people going out of their way to remove something that also doesn't affect their ability to not celebrate a holiday.

Easter is another holiday where the religious aspects of the holiday often times take a back seat to the Easter Bunny, candy, BBQ's, and "spring". People go to church on Easter and celebrate the resurrection of Jesus there typically but I wouldn't say that there are a lot of decorations or scenes that are targeted by organizations for removal since it's not a holiday where public buildings are typically decorated in a religious way.

They are only being removed from public space, which must remain religiously neutral. Why insist that religious symbols remain in public space on a semi-permanent basis? There is plenty of private space for people to exhibit their religious symbols.

They are only being removed from public space, which must remain religiously neutral. Why insist that religious symbols remain in public space on a semi-permanent basis? There is plenty of private space for people to exhibit their religious symbols.
One can only assume religiosos often feel they know what you need, you do not.

I disagree with the interpretation of the separation of church and state in that that public spaces need to be neutral. The separation of church and state forbids the establishment of a state religion but that doesn't mean that a religious holiday can't be celebrated in a public space during that holiday season in my personal opinion. A nativity scene in a public park or infront of a public building isn't establishing a religion. That of course is a whole other topic though.

I disagree with the interpretation of the separation of church and state in that that public spaces need to be neutral. The separation of church and state forbids the establishment of a state religion but that doesn't mean that a religious holiday can't be celebrated in a public space during that holiday season in my personal opinion. A nativity scene in a public park or infront of a public building isn't establishing a religion. That of course is a whole other topic though.

Wtf is refusing public Christmas celebration?

Maybe that is because there isn't really a war on Christmas or Christianity in general.....

Christmas is more of a marketing tool than it is something meant to celebrate the "agreed upon" birth of Christ....

If there was really a war on "Jesus" -- then they would really be against Easter.....which is basically the reason people call themselves Christian

But since Wallstreet hasn't found a way to market Easter, Fox News doesn't have to run segments urging Christians to panic over Easter

Maybe that is because there isn't really a war on Christmas or Christianity in general.....

Christmas is more of a marketing tool than it is something meant to celebrate the "agreed upon" birth of Christ....

If there was really a war on "Jesus" -- then they would really be against Easter.....which is basically the reason people call themselves Christian

But since Wallstreet hasn't found a way to market Easter, Fox News doesn't have to run segments urging Christians to panic over Easter
Some folks' entire perceptual reality is that they are perpetual victims.

It's okay to have a prayer service in public space as long as the people pick up afterwards. Its leaving the religious symbols around after the people leave that is the problem. Public space may be used, but not appropriated. This "king of the hill" one-upsmanship and grandstanding has got to stop. Houses of worship are all over the place and are tax-exempt. There is no reason not to use them for religious displays.

However I don't see many other religions demanding the public square be used for their own respective religious displays...and I am willing to bet the main ones against other religions using that same taxpayer funded public square will be the same folks whining about a war being waged on Christmas...

However I don't see many other religions demanding the public square be used for their own respective religious displays...and I am willing to bet the main ones against other religions using that same taxpayer funded public square will be the same folks whining about a war being waged on Christmas...

They are always the same bunch from the Confraternity of Christian Complainers. They certainly seem out to give Christians a bad name.

So it is Christmas time and leftists are as during any other time, pissed. The problem is now that all the Christmas movies people like are in fact, fascist, and of course way too white just like Christmas itself.

Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda

Too bad, people are watching even more of these "fascist" Christmas movies than ever before. Christmas is awesome, leftism is a failure.

talk about TRIGGERED

you moronicons are EASILY triggered over a non existent war.

Happy Holidays!

The reason why you hate Christmas is because it is a Christian holiday. Lefties hate Christianity because it is the opposite of everything lefties stand for.

Where do you idiots get this stuff from? In all of my years, I have never met anyone of any religion or any politics who "hates Christmas." Where are all of these "Christians" coming from who feel so persecuted? They must be very weak people. We Christians celebrate Christmas, and I've lived by Jews and Muslims who don't seem to need any help to celebrate their holidays. Why all of this complaining by "Christians" all of a sudden?

Your answer to post 98 makes it clear that you are not a Christian.

Anal sex for 14 year old children.
^ where his brain IMMEDIATELY goes to. Seek help.

My brain? The leftists showed it at my face. That is indeed where THEIR brain goes. I only report their crazy in the thread. And good I did, it appears you have big problems with it.
I hope your mental illness does not ruin your life too badly

Were you teaching your kids the contents of the "how to have anal sex article" or what? Very triggered indeed...

There is nothing degenerate about telling what degenerates like the above poster are up to. Leftist projection at its finest. This is what the leftist published on the Christmas eve, on their publication aimed towards the young.

AmU7QAyV

I think I will go with Christmas over their fantasies.
The right’s lie that there’s a ‘war’ on Christmas has utterly failed.
You only say that because Trump is wiping the floor with you.

QUESTION ASKED AND ANSWERED:

● Shot: Is technology ruining travel?

—Headline, CNN.com, yesterday.

● Chaser: Airport Revenues Soar After Allowing Travelers To Pay To Turn Off CNN.

So it is Christmas time and leftists are as during any other time, pissed. The problem is now that all the Christmas movies people like are in fact, fascist, and of course way too white just like Christmas itself.

Too bad, people are watching even more of these "fascist" Christmas movies than ever before. Christmas is awesome, leftism is a failure.

talk about TRIGGERED

Happy Holidays!

The reason why you hate Christmas is because it is a Christian holiday. Lefties hate Christianity because it is the opposite of everything lefties stand for.

Where do you idiots get this stuff from? In all of my years, I have never met anyone of any religion or any politics who "hates Christmas." Where are all of these "Christians" coming from who feel so persecuted? They must be very weak people. We Christians celebrate Christmas, and I've lived by Jews and Muslims who don't seem to need any help to celebrate their holidays. Why all of this complaining by "Christians" all of a sudden?

everything trump has said and done his whole life makes it clear he is NOT a christian.

talk about TRIGGERED

Happy Holidays!

everything trump has said and done his whole life makes it clear he is NOT a christian.

See now you are talking about yourself.

It's okay to have a prayer service in public space as long as the people pick up afterwards. Its leaving the religious symbols around after the people leave that is the problem. Public space may be used, but not appropriated. This "king of the hill" one-upsmanship and grandstanding has got to stop. Houses of worship are all over the place and are tax-exempt. There is no reason not to use them for religious displays.
Atheists are the only ones who get to have symbols of their faith dominate public space. Atheists / lefties are waging war against Christianity, and are fighting to have all traces of it banished from society and replaced with symbols of the atheism faith.

talk about TRIGGERED

Happy Holidays!

Blindly throwing a dart at what you hate is no way to debate. "Orange man bad" shouldn't be all you have to offer, so think of something more intelligent to post.

Forum List

Back