less than 50% of americans think transgenderism is natural

Absolute bull[WinterBorn]. I am not defending any sexual abuse at all

You defend the “right” of mentally-deranged, morally-depraved male perverts to go into women's' restrooms and dressing facilities. That is sexual abuse, and that is what you are defending. There is no spin that you can put on it,and no excuse that you can make for it, to hide what it is that you stand for.

So it's a physical disorder? I have a tough time believing that when the source of the desire is in the mind.
It is not so much the mind but the brain that controls everything, including hormones, sexual orientation and what it means to be masculine or feminine or some of both.

So it's not a physical disorder? So it is a mental disorder like being bipolar feeding the brain wrong information.
The American Psychiatric Association does not consider transgender as a mental disorder unlike bipolar which has the code of 296.
DSM-5 Diagnostic Codes for Bipolar Disorder | Psych Central
"The latest edition of the mental health manual used by psychiatrists to diagnose disorders reveals a change in thinking on gender identity. The perspective change is similar to a decision made in 1973, when the American Psychiatric Association eliminated homosexuality from its disorders’ list."
Gender Dysphoria: DSM-5 Reflects Shift In Perspective On Gender Identity | The Huffington Post
It is important to note that for gender dysphoria to be attributed in the diagnosis, a person must experience distress as "an inherent part of being transgender". This exposes the quackery of Dr. Paul R. McHugh who continues to use the false nomenclature of transgender being a mental disorder and failing to understand that the distress experienced by transgender people can be caused by attitudes of people like him, some parents, churches, and ignorant people. Furthermore a diagnosis of transgender as a mental disorder does not exist and one of gender dysphoria can only be assigned if the distress is due solely as a result of the cross-gender identification rather than "a culture that stigmatizes people who do not conform to gender norms".

What is it then? A physical disorder? You keep dodging what type of disorder it is, I am asking you is it a physical or mental disorder?
I thought I made it very clear. The American Psychiatric Association does not consider transgender as a disorder.
Gender Dysphoria can meet the diagnostic criteria for the code DSM-5 302:85 only if the dysphoria (distress) is due to unhappiness about one's gender in social interactions but not because of a stigmatizing culture such as we can read in most comments in this thread.
Gender Dysphoria DSM-5 302.85 (F64.9) - Therapedia

So it's normal to be dissatisfied with your gender? I am completely happy with my gender. Are you happy being your gender?

I thought I made it very clear. The American Psychiatric Association does not consider transgender as a disorder.
Gender Dysphoria can meet the diagnostic criteria for the code DSM-5 302:85 only if the dysphoria (distress) is due to unhappiness about one's gender in social interactions but not because of a stigmatizing culture such as we can read in most comments in this thread.

No matter how adamantly any number of “experts” tell us how spectacular and beautiful the new clothes are that the Emperor is wearing, we sane people can still just as clearly see that His Majesty is stark naked. If you will believe what you can clearly see to be false, what common sense tells you is false, simply because of the word of “experts”, then may Laurence Tureaud have compassion for you.

You defend the “right” of mentally-deranged, morally-depraved male perverts to go into women's' restrooms and dressing facilities. That is sexual abuse, and that is what you are defending. There is no spin that you can put on it,and no excuse that you can make for it, to hide what it is that you stand for.

You are welcome to your opinion that they are deranged. Mental health professionals do not.

As for "morally depraved", that is nonsense and a huge generalization. Trans men (men who identify as female), for the most part are not interested in women.

But trans people have been using the restrooms for the gender they identify as for years. It was not until social conservatives (read:busybodies wanting to stick their nose it other people's bedrooms) made a huge fuss about about it in the last year or so. Now the actual dangerous perverts like rapists and child molesters have realized what they can do.

No matter how adamantly any number of “experts” tell us how spectacular and beautiful the new clothes are that the Emperor is wearing, we sane people can still just as clearly see that His Majesty is stark naked. If you will believe what you can clearly see to be false, what common sense tells you is false, simply because of the word of “experts”, then may Laurence Tureaud have compassion for you.

Yeah, why don't we let ignorant hate-mongers decide about what is mental illness and what is not. lol Too funny.

It is not so much the mind but the brain that controls everything, including hormones, sexual orientation and what it means to be masculine or feminine or some of both.

So it's not a physical disorder? So it is a mental disorder like being bipolar feeding the brain wrong information.
The American Psychiatric Association does not consider transgender as a mental disorder unlike bipolar which has the code of 296.
"The latest edition of the mental health manual used by psychiatrists to diagnose disorders reveals a change in thinking on gender identity. The perspective change is similar to a decision made in 1973, when the American Psychiatric Association eliminated homosexuality from its disorders’ list."
Gender Dysphoria: DSM-5 Reflects Shift In Perspective On Gender Identity | The Huffington Post
It is important to note that for gender dysphoria to be attributed in the diagnosis, a person must experience distress as "an inherent part of being transgender". This exposes the quackery of Dr. Paul R. McHugh who continues to use the false nomenclature of transgender being a mental disorder and failing to understand that the distress experienced by transgender people can be caused by attitudes of people like him, some parents, churches, and ignorant people. Furthermore a diagnosis of transgender as a mental disorder does not exist and one of gender dysphoria can only be assigned if the distress is due solely as a result of the cross-gender identification rather than "a culture that stigmatizes people who do not conform to gender norms".

What is it then? A physical disorder? You keep dodging what type of disorder it is, I am asking you is it a physical or mental disorder?

So it's normal to be dissatisfied with your gender? I am completely happy with my gender. Are you happy being your gender?
Now now, Papageorgio, that is for me to know and you to find out.

Trans men (men who identify as female), for the most part are not interested in women.

Whether they are or not, women, in general, are not interested in being exposed during dressing or other intimate activities, to strange men, regardless of whether or not those men claim to “identify as female”. And to put them in that position without their consent is sexual abuse. And that is what you are defending.

So is it normal to be dissatisfied with ones gender?

Do you have a wife? Any sisters? Any daughters?

If some creepy male pervert, who claims to be “transgender”, follows any of them into a women's restroom, locker room, dressing room, or similar facility, then it is your business, and your responsibility, to protect your female loved ones from that pervert.

What you are describing is a rapist or a pedophile, not a trans person. They are not the same thing.

A male pervert, seeking entry into places designated for women, where women are in an exposed state, is, for all intents and purposes, the same thing.

There is no useful point to be made in defending one form of sexual abuse on the sole basis that it is of a different form than another form of sexual abuse.

At the end of it all, the only real point is that you defend the sexual abuse of girls and women.

Absolute bullshit. I am not defending any sexual abuse at all.

But you demand that only biological women be allowed in the women's restrooms, locker rooms, dressings rooms ect. So you have no problem with lesbians in those places. And they are sexually attracted to women.
. Lesbians are women too, but if they make an unwanted move on another woman, and this while in a public restroom or other type of facility, then it should be considered as a criminal act in which they would be committing, and they should be arrested for such an unwanted act. The very fact of a man born as a man trying to enter into a ladies restroom as a woman, is a criminal act in my honest opinion without debate, and this by just entering into the room where ladies or girls are present. The only way for the so called trans people to use a public restroom, I guess is to have a private restroom that only allows one person at a time to occupy the room or rooms if more than one individual room like we have at outdoor events with these porta-john's are present.... No restrooms where more than one occupant is accomodated at a time should be allowed in public places any longer, and that's if we as a nation are going to accommodate at all for such things as this in America to go on. No men in the ladies restroom no matter how you package it up. Most agree I think.

If by "normal" you mean a statistical norm, then No; most people are happy enough being their assigned gender. On the other hand, if by "normal" you mean that it naturally occurs, due to nature, then Yes; there is a percentage of people who identify with the gender other than assigned to them by anatomy.

If some creepy male pervert, who claims to be “transgender”, follows any of them into a women's restroom, locker room, dressing room, or similar facility, then it is your business, and your responsibility, to protect your female loved ones from that pervert.

What you are describing is a rapist or a pedophile, not a trans person. They are not the same thing.

A male pervert, seeking entry into places designated for women, where women are in an exposed state, is, for all intents and purposes, the same thing.

There is no useful point to be made in defending one form of sexual abuse on the sole basis that it is of a different form than another form of sexual abuse.

At the end of it all, the only real point is that you defend the sexual abuse of girls and women.

But you demand that only biological women be allowed in the women's restrooms, locker rooms, dressings rooms ect. So you have no problem with lesbians in those places. And they are sexually attracted to women.
. Lesbians are women too, but if they make an unwanted move on another woman, and this while in a public restroom or other type of facility, then it should be considered as a criminal act in which they would be committing, and they should be arrested for such an unwanted act. The very fact of a man born as a man trying to enter into a ladies restroom as a woman, is a criminal act in my honest opinion without debate, and this by just entering into the room where ladies or girls are present. The only way for the so called trans people to use a public restroom, I guess is to have a private restroom that only allows one person at a time to occupy the room or rooms if more than one individual room like we have at outdoor events with these porta-john's are present.... No restrooms where more than one occupant is accomodated at a time should be allowed in public places any longer, and that's if we as a nation are going to accommodate at all for such things as this in America to go on. No men in the ladies restroom no matter how you package it up. Most agree I think.
By making "an unwanted move on another woman", do you mean grabbing her pussy like what Donald Trump likes to do?

If by "normal" you mean a statistical norm, then No; most people are happy enough being their assigned gender. On the other hand, if by "normal" you mean that it naturally occurs, due to nature, then Yes; there is a percentage of people who identify with the gender other than assigned to them by anatomy.

I don't believe it is normal. It is a mental disorder as is alcoholism or drug addiction, or bipolar, or depression or a host of other disorders.

Funny how you don't want to stop people who have serious mental problems from going into bathrooms, yet you want to stop those who you want to believe do.

Funny how you're not calling for pedophiles who molest young boys from going into the male toilets either.

Funny how you don't want to stop people who have serious mental problems from going into bathrooms, yet you want to stop those who you want to believe do.

Funny how you're not calling for pedophiles who molest young boys from going into the male toilets either.

Child molesters and others who commit crimes are another matter. My preference is that they be kept in prison, where the question of them using public restrooms would be moot.

But simple plain common sense and common decency dictate that men have no business being in women's facilities, or vice versa.

One has to wonder about the motives of those of you who would sacrifice the safety and modesty of women and girls just to cater to a tiny minority of perverted freaks. It's especially ironic given that yours is the side that is so fond of falsely accusing my side of waging a “war on women”.

Child molesters and others who commit crimes are another matter. My preference is that they be kept in prison, where the question of them using public restrooms would be moot.

But simple plain common sense and common decency dictate that men have no business being in women's facilities, or vice versa.

One has to wonder about the motives of those of you who would sacrifice the safety and modesty of women and girls just to cater to a tiny minority of perverted freaks. It's especially ironic given that yours is the side that is so fond of falsely accusing my side of waging a “war on women”.

Sure, they're another matter. But then again who you let into bathrooms would be the same matter, don't you thing?

So, anyone who commits a crime should spend the rest of their life in prison. Wow.

"common sense" and "common decency" dictate that a man who is attracted to men shouldn't be in a bathroom with women because... why exactly is this common sense? Maybe it's just what you've decided, but I want to know why, your train of thought on this one.

How is the safety of women put a risk because men can go into women's bathrooms? I mean, if a man is going to attack a woman in a woman's bathroom, they don't need permission to go into women's bathrooms.

And the modesty? I though women did a crap with the door closed.

This has nothing to do with any "war on women", this is about hatred for those you think are "abnormal". Ie, plain bullying.

By making "an unwanted move on another woman", do you mean grabbing her pussy like what Donald Trump likes to do?
. Umm is your delusion associated with the topic of this thread or did you just run out of competent things to say ?

Sure, they're another matter. But then again who you let into bathrooms would be the same matter, don't you thing?

So, anyone who commits a crime should spend the rest of their life in prison. Wow.

"common sense" and "common decency" dictate that a man who is attracted to men shouldn't be in a bathroom with women because... why exactly is this common sense? Maybe it's just what you've decided, but I want to know why, your train of thought on this one.

How is the safety of women put a risk because men can go into women's bathrooms? I mean, if a man is going to attack a woman in a woman's bathroom, they don't need permission to go into women's bathrooms.

And the modesty? I though women did a crap with the door closed.

This has nothing to do with any "war on women", this is about hatred for those you think are "abnormal". Ie, plain bullying.
. A man going into a man's restroom is going to be noticed for his mental disorder ?? You would call that profiling, and that isn't allowed in your world no matter what signs might be available in the situation right ?? Let's see you would call a profiler every word that you could think of if a person we're to try and be proactive instead of reactive now wouldn't you ?

Yeah, why don't we let ignorant hate-mongers decide about what is mental illness and what is not. lol Too funny.

Someone who hates girls and women enough to defend the sexual abuse thereof, is in no position to call anyone else a “hate-monger”.

Yeah, I am. When you refuse to see a difference between a trans and rapists or child molesters, you have ignored anything logical in favor of hate.

All the time. If they live their life and present themselves as the opposite gender they were born, there is no difference. When they expect others to treat them as the gender they weren't born, there is no difference.

I care because unlike you, I know the difference and won't treat something that isn't a certain way that way because someone feels like something they simply can't be. It's a mental disorder. If you justify if, you have one, too.

I am not justifying anything. I am asking what difference it makes.

You have probably already shared a bathroom with a trans person and probably didn't know it. The threat is between your ears.

What is wrong with treating people like the person they believe they are? If she thinks she is a she, and still has a penis, what harm does treating her like a she do anyone?

Simple life rule for you. Don't be a dick. Contrary to what some people seem to believe, being a dick does not make you tough, strong, or in charge. It just makes you an ass.

When you say it's OK to let someone believe that they can feel like they're something they simply can't be, it's justifying.

Simple rule for life. Learn the truth and don't enable people to live a lie. It's a mental disorder you have.

If he has a penis, he can't be a she no matter how much he thinks so.

What does it matter? You want to sound noble by your claims to deny allowing someone to live a lie. But what business is it of yours?

Do you tell women who dye their hair that they are living a lie? Or women with breast implants?

If someone wants to live life as the opposite gender, what business is that of yours? Mind your own business and leave people alone. I am quite sure that you have things you could be working on to improve your own life and situation. Focus on that and not on nonsense.

And while we are on the topic of minding our own business, since when did being a nosy busybody become a conservative characteristic? Conservatives were once fiercely independent and fought for people's rights to be individuals. Now they whine because people don't fit neat molds of who they think they should be? Since when did worrying about genitalia become a conservative trait?

I don't tell people the sky is green and the grass is blue either even if they think it is.

It's not nonsense to teach people that what they want to believe about gender isn't true. It's teaching facts. You opposed to facts?

When one of those freaks goes into a restroom, dressing room, etc. where my daughters/wife happen to be, it will become my business.

A trans is not a threat to anyone, your daughter included.

No, I am not opposed to any facts. I simply see no point in being an ass just because you think they are mentally ill.

If you hear a parent telling their small child that Santa is coming, do you correct the parent? Or are you opposed to facts?

I don't take your word for it. That's why I'll make sure that trans isn't a threat.

Apparently you are. You're willing to call someone born a male a female because HE thinks he is.

Santa isn't real. These freaks you mentally disturbed enablers protect are. Big difference. Get some help if you're willing to acknowledge and treat someone born a male as a female. You have mental problems.

Forum List

Back