Let Me Get This Straight About Impeachment Over Trump's Ukraine Phone Call

"The “political opponent” part of this is where this whole thing falls on its face. You aren’t sheltered from legal scrutiny just because you happen to be running for political office."

That applies to Trump too.
No shit. But the president asked for info about a person who may have committed a crime. Adding in that he’s a candidate for president or “political opponent” is irrelevant. The executive branch is allowed to request information to investigate corruption. I’m not even trying to defend trump on this, I couldn’t possibly care less who sits in that office anymore. If you want joe fucking Biden to be your president you can have at it. At this point I would hope there’s no one left who would want biden to be the president after everything we’ve learned about him but I’m sure there’s still plenty of you who don’t care. I’m just glad some corruption has been exposed. If trump goes down for exposing it then that’s good enough for me. You can go back to fighting over dem and repub now :thup:
A candidate is not allowed by law to solicit foreign aid for their campaign. Trump cannot hide behind the Executive branch to violate the law.

The law says donations or contributions. Try reading the law instead of assuming what it says.
Providing a service is a contribution.

Read the law. It says no such thing. Libtards read things in laws, transcripts, and articles that simply do not exist, yet swear it is there!

Where is the quid pro quo in the transcript of Trump's call to the Ukrainian president? Libtards swear it is there. Shifty Schiff swears it is there. Anyone with a room temp IQ can easily see that it is NOT there.
Types of contributions - FEC.gov

And the phone call is not the only evidence.

We have a right to a Sovereign Election, without ANY foreign gvt interference...

The President trying to pull in China and the Ukraine governments, and giving the Russians a clean bill of health to go forward with their 2020 interference, is an ABUSE OF POWER and breaks our constitution and his oath of office....

It's just simply WRONG

Regardless of any law breaking, though that occurred as well.
And the rightwing morons bow their heads and ask trump ""give me another"

Then why did trump hold up the money?

That has been readily documented in several cases, not just one. The ambassadors to Ukraine and the EU sent each other texts saying the aid was being withheld to see if the new administration in Ukraine was serious about corruption. They were, and the aid was restored. Fact. EOS.
Great, so what corruption did Trump discuss with Zelensky?

if you dont already know that you should shut up until you do,,,
LOLOLOL

That's the answer given by someone who doesn't want to admit the truth.

The truth you're avoiding is....

The corruption Trump was interested I'm Zelensky investigating was Biden and the DNC server.

Why were you too afraid to admit that?

Why don't you convince the millions of other libtards of that fact first?
The only ones who need convincing are the members of Congress. Which is why they're holding an impeachment inquiry.

Apparently it’s because the blob asked a foreign power to investigate the son of a political opponent in return for military aid.

to bad those arent the facts,,,
Facts???? Republicans wouldn't know a fact if it hit them in the head If the misfit in our WH repeats some bullshit often enough trumpettes believe it's fact Wait till all the whistle blowers get through with the trump garbage
Trumpettes have a bad case of TDSS - Trump Dick Suck Syndrome. The only cure is to remove their lips from his peenie and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

They are not able to process the facts right in front of them, even when they come straight from Trump's piggy mouth. I think it's probably all just too much for them to understand.

Morons like you post insults instead of arguments to support your beliefs. Which is ultimately worse?
When in Rome....

And yet, she didn't. She paid Fusion GPS, an American company. There's no law against that.
so great. trump can setup a company to do this for him.

if you're gonna let one side bypass this for any stated reason, you must allow all. period. end of story. this one sided shit is killing us all and people are so quick to put the noose around their neck and kick out their own chair because they hate the other side so much they can't see they're really looking in a mirror.
I'm not letting anyone pass. Trump solicited aid from a foreign national. That's illegal.

Hillary solicited aid from Fusion GPS. They're an American firm and that's legal.

Fusion GPS solicited aid from a foreign national at Hillary's request for dirt on her opponent in an election That's illegal.

The President of the United States asked for cooperation from a foreign head of state, and that is perfectly legal.
That may be illegal. That would be a crime by Fusion GPS if it is.

The president cannot solicit foreign aid for his or her own campaign.

but he is responsible for defending the country from corruption,,, and running for office doesnt protect anyone from that,,,
We've been through this. The only corruption Trump asked Zelensky to look into involved Biden and the DNC server.

Great, all you have to do now is prove she knew, and was involved with, Fusion GPS was hiring a foreign national and you can get her charged with a crime. Just think about what a hero you will be to the right if you can do that.

Not a lawyer, though I doubt this is true. She could hire foreign nationals to do all sorts of campaign-related work, from gathering information to manufacturing campaign paraphernalia (producing MAGA hats in China isn't illegal, or is it?). What one cannot do is solicit campaign contributions from foreigners. Doubly forbidden is soliciting contributions and offering a kickback in taxpayer funds (in the form of foreign aid).

As I said, not a lawyer, and it's certainly better to put several arms' lengths between contracting parties.

That's seriously old news.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Inside story: How Russians hacked the Democrats' emails
and it's been seriously debunked by meta-data. it was also never allowed to be reviewed/analyzed.

FBI never examined hacked DNC servers itself: report

not gonna play your games of supposition.
LOL

That article doesn't debunk shit. WTF is wrong with you? All that article points out is that the FBI didn't examine the physical servers. We know that. We also know CrowdStrike supplied the FBI with exact duplicates of the hard drives, which is a perfectly acceptable copy.
been in IT all my life.

a copy may or may not be a copy and there is no reasonable excuse to NOT examine the actual server. if i read the left correctly they're upset they got a COPY of trumps phone call and demand the original EXACT one. yet, when it comes to their own hacked servers, a copy is fine and trustable.

don't allow your side to do things you won't allow the other side to do. all there is to it.
Then you're an IT retard. I'm in IT (software engineer) too and know:

a) a complete byte-for-byte copy is an exact duplicate.

b) there's nothing else on physical servers that the FBI needed to inspect.
when was it duplicated?
was it a snapshot of a VM?
what software made this copy and how?

there's a lot of questions that would crash and burn your "software program" if you don't answer them before writing that shit. yet, here we are with no one knowing that info but still screaming IT'S VALID!!!!

then - why not examine the exact server? why was that not "necessary"?

and if you notice, i'm trying to drop the jr high name calling. give it a shot or lets just end this cause you want to fight, not discuss.
Everything you need to know....

Bears in the Midst: Intrusion into the Democratic National Committee »

Discuss? You're posting the dumbest shit imaginable. You actually compared a digital byte-for-byte copy of a hard drive with hand written notes taken to "copy" Trump's phone call with Zelensky -- as though they're equal copies of an original. :eusa_doh:

I don't want to call you a retard; but when you make such asinine statements as that, what choice do I have? Treat you with kid gloves?

So let me see if I understand the Democrats' position on this: Joe Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid from Ukraine if Ukraine did not fire the prosecutor who was investigating the Ukrainian company that was paying Biden's drug-using, Navy-discharged-for-drug-use son Hunter $50K per month--and that's no big deal, nothing to see here. But, Donald Trump's request to Ukraine that Ukraine investigate the suspicious, apparently corrupt firing of that prosecutor is an impeachable offense!

Can you imagine what Democrats would be saying if Trump had a troubled son, if that troubled son were hired by a Ukrainian company for the amazing salary of $50K per month (even though the son possessed no job skills that would justify such a salary), if a Ukrainian prosecutor began to investigate the company that was paying Trump's troubled son such an exorbitant salary, if Trump then threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid to Ukraine if the prosecutor weren't fired, and if Ukraine then fired the prosecutor? They would justifiably argue that this smelled to high heaven of corruption.

So the Democrats want to impeach Trump because he wanted Ukraine to investigate what clearly appears to have been a case of corruption involving Joe Biden, his son, and the Ukrainian company, and the previous Ukrainian government that fired the prosecutor.
No one has been impeached, including Trump.

The Hillary Campaign DID NOT hire or pay for Steele. The Hillary Campaign asked their law firm to opposition research. The law firm hired Fusion GPS, an American company, to provide that research. The Hillary Campaign paid Fusion GPS for opposition research. Hillary's lawyers only spoke to Fusion GPS, and had no knowledge of who was conducting that research.

In legal terms, this is called an "arm's length transaction". Hillary had no connection to or communication the researcher. Steele didn't know who the client was. That is how you do it.

But all of this talk of Biden and Hillary and what happened in past administrations is absolutely irrelevant to Donald J. Trump attempting to extort the Ukrainian government into "finding" evidence to smear Joe Biden in exchange for Javelin missiles. This is a flat out illegal abuse of power, a sell out of his country, and an impeachable offence.

So if Trump hires an American company to solicit campaign funds from foreign donors that would be perfectly legal using your logic?
Had he done that, it would have been illegal. He cannot hire an American company to hire a foreign national.

That is EXACTLY hat Fusion GPS did! So why is Hillary not wearing an orange jumpsuit?
Uh, no, that is not exactly what Hillary did. There is no evidence she hired Fusion GPS to hire Steele.

There is no evidence?

You mean just like there is no evidence of Trump ever commiting a crime?
No, I don't mean that. With Hillary, there's no evidence she k ew Fusion GPS was going to hire a foreign national.

With trump, we have evidence he solicited a foreign national to look for dirt on a political rival.

It's called an "image", and that is what the FBI got from Crowdstrike. Even the FBI admits they got, in terms of forensic evidence, the equivalent of the physical server infrastructure.

But in Rightardia, they know - just know! - that the victim of a crime is supposed to hand over anything and everything to demonstrate that said victim of the crime is somehow NOT guilty. In case said victim does NOT strip down at least to their underwear, the opposite is assumed to be true.

No shit. But the president asked for info about a person who may have committed a crime. Adding in that he’s a candidate for president or “political opponent” is irrelevant. The executive branch is allowed to request information to investigate corruption. I’m not even trying to defend trump on this, I couldn’t possibly care less who sits in that office anymore. If you want joe fucking Biden to be your president you can have at it. At this point I would hope there’s no one left who would want biden to be the president after everything we’ve learned about him but I’m sure there’s still plenty of you who don’t care. I’m just glad some corruption has been exposed. If trump goes down for exposing it then that’s good enough for me. You can go back to fighting over dem and repub now :thup:
A candidate is not allowed by law to solicit foreign aid for their campaign. Trump cannot hide behind the Executive branch to violate the law.

The law says donations or contributions. Try reading the law instead of assuming what it says.

Read the law. It says no such thing. Libtards read things in laws, transcripts, and articles that simply do not exist, yet swear it is there!

Where is the quid pro quo in the transcript of Trump's call to the Ukrainian president? Libtards swear it is there. Shifty Schiff swears it is there. Anyone with a room temp IQ can easily see that it is NOT there.

RIGHT!

there are the text messages of our diplomats,which led ambassador Taylor to resign because he wanted no part of the Admin's CORRUPTION.

"The message to the Ukrainians (and Russians) we send with the decision on security assistance is key. With the hold, we have already shaken their faith in us. Thus my nightmare scenario," Taylor wrote on September 9. Russia has made repeated illegal incursions into Ukraine.

"As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign," he added.

PDF TO TEXT CONVERSATIONS and other stuff

https://foreignaffairs.house.gov/_c...etter-on-state-departmnent-texts-10-03-19.pdf

Great, all you have to do now is prove she knew, and was involved with, Fusion GPS was hiring a foreign national and you can get her charged with a crime. Just think about what a hero you will be to the right if you can do that.

Not a lawyer, though I doubt this is true. She could hire foreign nationals to do all sorts of campaign-related work, from gathering information to manufacturing campaign paraphernalia (producing MAGA hats in China isn't illegal, or is it?). What one cannot do is solicit campaign contributions from foreigners. Doubly forbidden is soliciting contributions and offering a kickback in taxpayer funds (in the form of foreign aid).

As I said, not a lawyer, and it's certainly better to put several arms' lengths between contracting parties.
I'm pretty certain it's illegal to hire a foreign national to contribute in any way to a candidate's campaign.

There are exceptions regarding foreign nationals if they volunteer; but even then, there are strict guidelines to what capacity they can participate to ensure they don't cross the line into contributing.

Foreign nationals - FEC.gov

Volunteer activity
Generally, an individual (including a foreign national) may volunteer personal services to a federal candidate or federal political committee without making a contribution. The Act provides this volunteer "exemption" as long as the individual performing the service is not compensated by anyone. The Commission has addressed applicability of this exemption to several situations involving volunteer activity by a foreign national, as explained below.​

RIGHT!

there are the text messages of our diplomats,which led ambassador Taylor to resign because he wanted no part of the Admin's CORRUPTION.

"The message to the Ukrainians (and Russians) we send with the decision on security assistance is key. With the hold, we have already shaken their faith in us. Thus my nightmare scenario," Taylor wrote on September 9. Russia has made repeated illegal incursions into Ukraine.

"As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign," he added.

PDF TO TEXT CONVERSATIONS and other stuff

https://foreignaffairs.house.gov/_c...etter-on-state-departmnent-texts-10-03-19.pdf
True story...

So I was watching Fox News the day when Volker testified behind closed doors...

The anchor (I don't know her name) conveyed to the audience they were switching to Mark Meadows, a Republican who stepped outside, to get his observations...

He proceeds to explain there was a State Department official who said he believed that Trump was withholding the security assistance for Ukraine help with his campaign.

Apparently, this was not the message Fox News wanted to leak out from that closed door hearing; so the promptly cut away from Mark Meadows and went back to the anchor in the studio -- who wasted no time to declare to the audience, there you have it, no quid pro quo.

yet the hillary campaign paid steele. where was he from again?

The Hillary Campaign DID NOT hire or pay for Steele. The Hillary Campaign asked their law firm to opposition research. The law firm hired Fusion GPS, an American company, to provide that research. The Hillary Campaign paid Fusion GPS for opposition research. Hillary's lawyers only spoke to Fusion GPS, and had no knowledge of who was conducting that research.

In legal terms, this is called an "arm's length transaction". Hillary had no connection to or communication the researcher. Steele didn't know who the client was. That is how you do it.

But all of this talk of Biden and Hillary and what happened in past administrations is absolutely irrelevant to Donald J. Trump attempting to extort the Ukrainian government into "finding" evidence to smear Joe Biden in exchange for Javelin missiles. This is a flat out illegal abuse of power, a sell out of his country, and an impeachable offence.

So if Trump hires an American company to solicit campaign funds from foreign donors that would be perfectly legal using your logic?
Had he done that, it would have been illegal. He cannot hire an American company to hire a foreign national.
Hillary hired Fusion GPS
Fusion GPS hired Steele

where was he from again?

is this where we go "but this is different"?
great. now apply that logic to most trump attacks.

seems proof is a one way street.

I think even most Republicans would admit that Trump is just plain stupid

His diplomatic skills are almost child like and left him open to impeachment charges. I can’t think of any other president from either party who would be so naive

1. Opens up with a reminder that the US is the only one in Ukraine’s corner and that Europe can’t be counted on
2. Enters a discussion on military aid (which he had frozen just a week before) and when the subject of Javelin missile sales comes up...
3. Trump immediately pounces with........I need a favor “though”
4. Rather than hide his personal favors in with some generic US policy favors, he lists two favors that only pertain to him and the coming election
5. Has his aides tie a personal visit to the President with progress on his “favors”

Any other President or Mafia Don would be more subtle in their requests and have the actual details handled by underlings

Trump deserves impeachment for shear stupidity
if we were to punish people for being stupid, pretty sure you'd only be allowed to post during your 5 minutes of exercise time from prison.

Do you honestly think Trump handled the conversation well?
trump screws up a lot of shit. he's far from alone in that but the focus on the unhinged left.

he speaks off the cuff and doesn't check facts first. hell that's done by the minute in here if not faster. while i agree we should hold our president to higher standards, we are not excused from the same. we scream that we live under 2 sets of laws but then enjoy that separation when it suits our own purposes.

trump, like any other president before him, will get stuff right, and he will get it wrong. he alone isn't our issue. when i argue against the left it's not to defend trump, but to stop the hypocrisy practiced against rights we all in fact share. hating someone doesn't mean they have less rights than we do yet we go there constantly as if we're justified by superior emotions somehow.

we either all live by the same rules, or we don't. start making up excuses to hold yourself out of such accountability, don't get mad when others do as well; yet that's what our culture does anymore.
Even his own staff said....WTF is he doing?
So much so that a whistle blower felt the need to step up and report it

Trump gets stuff wrong because he won’t listen. His staff would have told him how to handle it with minimal exposure. Trump did not listen and orchestrated it on his own

It may cost him his presidency

Hillary hired Fusion GPS
Fusion GPS hired Steele

where was he from again?

Nope, we have proof Trump solicited a foreign national to investigate Biden. We also have proof that Trump withheld the $390 million in security assistance for his campaign.

and it's been seriously debunked by meta-data. it was also never allowed to be reviewed/analyzed.

FBI never examined hacked DNC servers itself: report

not gonna play your games of supposition.
LOL

That article doesn't debunk shit. WTF is wrong with you? All that article points out is that the FBI didn't examine the physical servers. We know that. We also know CrowdStrike supplied the FBI with exact duplicates of the hard drives, which is a perfectly acceptable copy.
been in IT all my life.

a copy may or may not be a copy and there is no reasonable excuse to NOT examine the actual server. if i read the left correctly they're upset they got a COPY of trumps phone call and demand the original EXACT one. yet, when it comes to their own hacked servers, a copy is fine and trustable.

don't allow your side to do things you won't allow the other side to do. all there is to it.

when was it duplicated?

there's a lot of questions that would crash and burn your "software program" if you don't answer them before writing that shit. yet, here we are with no one knowing that info but still screaming IT'S VALID!!!!

and if you notice, i'm trying to drop the jr high name calling. give it a shot or lets just end this cause you want to fight, not discuss.

Discuss? You're posting the dumbest shit imaginable. You actually compared a digital byte-for-byte copy of a hard drive with hand written notes taken to "copy" Trump's phone call with Zelensky -- as though they're equal copies of an original. :eusa_doh:

I don't want to call you a retard; but when you make such asinine statements as that, what choice do I have? Treat you with kid gloves?
or just be an adult.

your call.

as for your bullshit above - heh. yea, you must be right and all.

Hillary hired Fusion GPS
Fusion GPS hired Steele

where was he from again?

Nope, we have proof Trump solicited a foreign national to investigate Biden. We also have proof that Trump withheld the $390 million in security assistance for his campaign.
you have fragments of the conversation and an anonymous AGAIN person saying FOUL.

this is like take 1,938 of the same shit.

i mean, i don't want to call you a retard and all...

LOL

been in IT all my life.

when was it duplicated?

or just be an adult.

your call.

as for your bullshit above - heh. yea, you must be right and all.
Wait a second.... first of all, I provided you a link to a comprehensive explanation of how and why CrowdStrike handled the situation and worked with the FBI -- which you asked for and are apparently too lazy to look for yourself.

That aside, two questions...

Question #1... did you or did you not compare a digital byte-for-byte copy of a hard drive with a drafted copy from hand written notes?

"if i read the left correctly they're upset they got a COPY of trumps phone call and demand the original EXACT one. yet, when it comes to their own hacked servers, a copy is fine and trustable."

Question #2... is that not among the dumbest comparisons someone who boasts extensive IT experience can make?

Hillary hired Fusion GPS
Fusion GPS hired Steele

where was he from again?

you have fragments of the conversation and an anonymous AGAIN person saying FOUL.

this is like take 1,938 of the same shit.

i mean, i don't want to call you a retard and all...
LOLOL

We have an ambassador's text, "as I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

Which matches Trump's actions, which was to withhold the security assistance, according to Trump himself, to ensure Ukraine would crack down on corruption.... and then solicits the Ukraine president to crack down on corruptionBiden. And then releases the funds, along with an additional $140 million, after the Ukrainian president aggrees enthusiastically to take care of Trump's "favor."

Forum List

Back