Let the nation default?

Should Republicans let the nation default if Democrats refuse to negotiate?

• Yes, if the Dems won't talk, we should default.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • No, we should never default on our debt.

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters
Any rodeo clown can probably come close enough with a search string to access the info on the inndertubes - once they are made aware of it.......

But, if you knew, why did you make the silly comment which occasioned my challenge?

So, just to go on the record, why don't you post the avg annual gdp growth under Cater, Reagan and Clinton.....(you can be within one tenth of one percent)

The time stamp is running.....

How is the comment I made that we've been doing pretty good as a country in spite of the screwups of our government, silly? You see, I don't believe as many in the democrat party do, that my or even our successes and failures are tied directly to the crap govco does. Though increasingly, as the size of government swamps our resources, they can and most certainly will slow the pace of our successes and failures by accident, and in Obama's case, by design.

But people are resilient and many of us will be successful in spite of the scum bags in DC.

Are you forgetting the first comment in this particular exchange?

and what do you consider to be the evidence of Obama "slowing the pace of our successes....by design"?

1) Obama's green programs are designed to unilaterally punish Americans.
2) Obama's banking regulations are designed to punish American finance
3) Obama's ACA is designed to punish American Health Care, businesses and workers, see layoffs at hospitals around the country, reductions of full time employment across the country, reductions in average pay across the private sector, all tied to ACA

That's just 3 off the top... but really every single thing he's done has been to hurt this country.

Last edited:

You couldn't let your fellow Teabagger, Blowhard Cowboy, embarrass himself, eh?

Just because those time frames are indicated by the presidents time in office does not mean or even imply that the GDP of the people of the country had anything to do with the presidents. This is a common misconception burned into the imaginations of simpletons by charts like this.

Measuring growth

Economic growth is often measured by the Gross domestic product (GDP). It does not represent production, but overall spending, and is dependent on the techniques that are applied to the calculation of the respective price indices. To calculate a "real GDP", the statistical offices create a basket of goods and compare the prices of the goods in this basket to the respective reference periods. But there is no objective representative basket of GDP other than as a statistical construct based on many disputable assumptions, and there is no common standard which would allow the comparison of one period’s production to the other when in fact current output in terms of new, obsolete and modified goods and services is quite different from that of the past. Money prices do not measure anything. Prices only have a meaning as relative prices as they reflect the exchange ratios on the market. "

How is the comment I made that we've been doing pretty good as a country in spite of the screwups of our government, silly? You see, I don't believe as many in the democrat party do, that my or even our successes and failures are tied directly to the crap govco does. Though increasingly, as the size of government swamps our resources, they can and most certainly will slow the pace of our successes and failures by accident, and in Obama's case, by design.

But people are resilient and many of us will be successful in spite of the scum bags in DC.

and what do you consider to be the evidence of Obama "slowing the pace of our successes....by design"?

3) Obama's ACA is designed to punish American Health Care, businesses and workers, see layoffs at hospitals around the country, reductions of full time employment across the country, reductions in average pay across the private sector, all tied to ACA

That's just 3 off the top... but really every single thing he's done has been to hurt this country.

Those are three ASSERTIONS.......Seriously, do you ever spend any time outside the Yahoo Echo Chamber?

Those are three ASSERTIONS.......Seriously, do you ever spend any time outside the Yahoo Echo Chamber?
You are not paying me enough to bother to provide proof. Deny as you wish.

Just because those time frames are indicated by the presidents time in office does not mean or even imply that the GDP of the people of the country had anything to do with the presidents. This is a common misconception burned into the imaginations of simpletons by charts like this.

It is a standard measure of economic performance.......as such it is superior to "proof by assertion"...

Measuring growth

Economic growth is often measured by the Gross domestic product (GDP). It does not represent production, but overall spending, and is dependent on the techniques that are applied to the calculation of the respective price indices. To calculate a "real GDP", the statistical offices create a basket of goods and compare the prices of the goods in this basket to the respective reference periods. But there is no objective representative basket of GDP other than as a statistical construct based on many disputable assumptions, and there is no common standard which would allow the comparison of one period’s production to the other when in fact current output in terms of new, obsolete and modified goods and services is quite different from that of the past. Money prices do not measure anything. Prices only have a meaning as relative prices as they reflect the exchange ratios on the market. "

You feel free to provide a functional alternative.....which we can use to measure over time......

Tell me where to send the dime......

btw, it's called FRED....learn how to use it...

Federal Reserve Economic Data - FRED - St. Louis Fed

thank me later......

God bless the Tea Party!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

All that aside however, was it not YOUR boy who made the above remarks?? Back when he exhibited a little sanity?

I noticed that you merely glossed over what your leader said in 2006......

Let me guess......In 2000, after Bill Clinton had performed a minor miracle by turning the Reagan era deficits into surpluses, you heard Scrub offer his Return to Supply Side Idiocy pitch and said:

"Yeah......I gotta have me some more of that."

and then, in 2004, after Scrub had vaporized the 5 trillion dollar projected cumulative surplus, your response was something along the lines of:

"4 MORE YEARS!"

Then in 2009, you joined your fellow Unrepentant 2 Time Scrub Voting Imbecile Teabaggers in discovering the "Ebils of Deficits"....

Do I have that about right?

If we could have the 104th, the 105th, and the 106th Congresses with Republican majorities like Clinton had, we wouldn't be having these budget problems. As it is, Obama has just enough political power to screw things up. And the situation will not get any better until the GOP takes over the Senate.

Again, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are no REAL budget problems, unless you are a war mongerer and want every red cent to go to the war effort.

Measuring growth

You feel free to provide a functional alternative.....which we can use to measure over time......

Gross Domestic Revenue
= Government spending plus Gross Investment (Business To Business Spending) plus Consumer Spending +Exports minus Imports."

So if I send a nickel to each of those Teabaggers, you will come up with some evidence to back up your assertions?

Why don't you just saddle up Rembrandt P*ssyhorse and hie off into the sunset?

I'm not a member of the Tea Party.

If you react like that to a simple graph, perhaps you'd feel more comfortable at Democrat Underground. It's pretty scary outside your comfort zone, I know.

Yeah...yeah...I used to read DU for their Top 10 Reactionary Douchebag feature, but the guy took a hiatus years ago....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back