Lets Call This Anything but Privilege: Stanford swimmer gets jailed only 6 months for rape

brock-turner.jpg

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky said in handing down the punishment that a longer sentence would have a "severe impact" on Turner.

Sex assault victim to ex-Stanford swimmer: "Assault is not an accident" - CBS News

What about the severe impact on the individual he raped?

The Judge is as stupid as the idiot Judge here in Texas that thought Ethan Couch was too privileged to be sent to jail...

The little bastard should have gotten the maximum sentence ( the rapist and Couch )....
"This is not a story of another drunk college hookup with poor decision making. "

Actually, that sounds exactly like what it was.

Yes, if the last time you had a college hookup was behind a trashcan with a girl who was passed out sure. When someone saw you did you pull up your pants and run too like this kid did?

Quite the ladies man you are

There was nothing in your linked article about that, or your op.

I was wondering that myself. The information provided by the OP did not contain this. If there's more to the story that of course changes how we respond.

If he ran off when discovered that does indicate that he felt he was doing something wrong.

And I'm seeing some conflation here between unconscious and "too drunk to give consent".

Which was it?

brock-turner.jpg

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky said in handing down the punishment that a longer sentence would have a "severe impact" on Turner.

Sex assault victim to ex-Stanford swimmer: "Assault is not an accident" - CBS News

The Judge is as stupid as the idiot Judge here in Texas that thought Ethan Couch was too privileged to be sent to jail...

The little bastard should have gotten the maximum sentence ( the rapist and Couch )....
"This is not a story of another drunk college hookup with poor decision making. "

Yes, if the last time you had a college hookup was behind a trashcan with a girl who was passed out sure. When someone saw you did you pull up your pants and run too like this kid did?

Yet it still happened.

Can you provide that information? The article you provided has him saying she agreed to go to his dorm room. How did she get there? Did he carry her or did she walk? As much as you might not like it, when it's his word against her this stuff matters.
He attacked her in the bushes outside of the party.

brock-turner.jpg

Yet it still happened.

how do you know that?

brock-turner.jpg

Yet it still happened.

Can you provide that information? The article you provided has him saying she agreed to go to his dorm room. How did she get there? Did he carry her or did she walk? As much as you might not like it, when it's his word against her this stuff matters.

What was she doing in the bushes?

brock-turner.jpg

Yet it still happened.

From the article:

Turner took the stand in his own defense and said he could walk and talk normally. He testified that the young woman agreed to go back to his dorm room.

He also claimed that she was a willing participant in the admittedly drunk sexual encounter that happened in the bushes outside the fraternity party.

How did she get to his dorm room? Did they go to his room and then back to the bushes? Or were they in the bushes first and then the dorm room? You understand these "small" details matter?

brock-turner.jpg

I was wondering that myself. The information provided by the OP did not contain this. If there's more to the story that of course changes how we respond.
brock-turner.jpg

Yet it still happened.

how do you know that?

Because it was in several other stories. And no I wont bring links to you on a silver platter. Go find it or remain ignorant.

You guys can google the Stanford Rape Case and get the full details of what was said that happen but you prefer to ignore this option so I will bring it to the ones trying to excuse the little fucker that raped a passed out girl!

Stanford sexual assault case: victim impact statement in full

In that link the young lady give in great detail what happened and what she remembered from that night. Now I am sure those that feel sorry for the punk will proclaim it is her word and that she might have been at fault, but reality is the punk raped her.

The pervert should have gotten the maximum sentence and had he not been from a privileged family he would have gotten the maximum he deserved.

I know how dare I believe the victim and not the punk bitch that raped her!

brock-turner.jpg

brock-turner.jpg

Yet it still happened.

how do you know that?

Because it was in several other stories. And no I wont bring links to you on a silver platter. Go find it or remain ignorant.

It's your thread and your assertion. The article that YOU gave us directly contradicts what you are now telling us. So the burden of proof is on you.

The article that YOU gave us directly contradicts what you are now telling us.

No, what the rapists said contradicts reality. Several people included links, you can use google or you stand there with your hand out asking to be fed knowledge. Doesnt matter to me. I enjoy watching you take the word of a rapist as Gospel.

No, what the rapists said contradicts reality. Several people included links, you can use google or you stand there with your hand out asking to be fed knowledge. Doesnt matter to me. I enjoy watching you take the word of a rapist as Gospel.

You started the thread with a link (I assume for us to read and discuss) and then proceeded to make comments. However, only an idiot makes comments not related to any of the information he provided and then tells those participating in the discussion to go use Google. Everyone else had to spoon feed you on your own thread. Pathetic.

You started the thread with a link (I assume for us to read and discuss) and then proceeded to make comments. However, only an idiot makes comments not related to any of the information he provided and then tells those participating in the discussion to go use Google. Everyone else had to spoon feed you on your own thread. Pathetic.

Hey, thats fine continue to defend the rapist and complain about me giving you information. Maybe if you do it enough I will spoon feed you the information.

Start by holding your breath

Any way you slice it this lenient sentencing was fucked up. Six months for committing three felonies?! He'll be out in 3 months with good behavior.

His attorney is planning to appeal his convictions as well.

Hey, thats fine continue to defend the rapist and complain about me giving you information. Maybe if you do it enough I will spoon feed you the information.

LMAO! I love that maneuver by you. You changed the discussion to make it sound like I'm "defending the rapist". So asking questions about the article YOU provided is suddenly defending someone. That's pretty funny. Hey, unlike you I like to know the facts before I get to deep into a discussion.

Let's just be honest, you don't really want to discuss this girl's terrifying ordeal. You really wanted to make this about whitey, privilege and race. You could care less about what happened to that girl which explains your behavior when I asked questions about why your comments aren't in the article you provided. You're a racist and that's what this is about. Let's not dance around this fact by discussing an article you care nothing about.

LMAO! I love that maneuver by you. You changed the discussion to make it sound like I'm "defending the rapist". So asking questions about the article YOU provided is suddenly defending someone. That's pretty funny. Hey, unlike you I like to know the facts before I get to deep into a discussion.

No, I actually asked you why you're taking the word of the rapist as gospel. You never answered. So again, the rapist claims he didnt do nothing wrong, why do you believe him over everyone else including the people who chased the fucker and caught him?

Let's just be honest,

Uh Ok...

you don't really want to discuss this girl's terrifying ordeal. You really wanted to make this about whitey, privilege and race.

You're pretty smart, I was wondering when you were going to figure out the thread title.

You could care less about what happened to that girl which explains your behavior when I asked questions about why your comments aren't in the article you provided. You're a racist and that's what this is about. Let's not dance around this fact by discussing an article you care nothing about.

LOL....Nice try...Appeal to Emotion logical fallacy. Lets remember that you asked how the girl got to his room and questioned her story before I had to tell you that his dorm room wasnt behind a dumpster where he was raping the girl.

He should have got the maximum but sadly we have a culture right now where being held responsible for your actions is becoming less common.

No, I actually asked you why you're taking the word of the rapist as gospel. You never answered. So again, the rapist claims he didnt do nothing wrong, why do you believe him over everyone else including the people who chased the fucker and caught him?

Uh no. I'm not defending the rapist. I'm asking you why your comments weren't in the article you posted and where you got them. You dodged my question for some reason and went on a rant about feeding people info. It's a pretty common unwritten rule on these forums that if you make a comment that is not in the provided link, then the person you are debating will ask for a link.

You're pretty smart, I was wondering when you were going to figure out the thread title.

Pretty obvious your real goal here was to talk about whitey and privilege, not about this girl and her rape. You're obsessed with race.

LOL....Nice try...Appeal to Emotion logical fallacy. Lets remember that you asked how the girl got to his room and questioned her story before I had to tell you that his dorm room wasnt behind a dumpster where he was raping the girl.

Does it really matter anymore if she was in the dorm room or not? You're a racist. You're main goal is to just whine that whitey got away with one again. So let's just drop the debate on the rape, shall we?

YES GOOFY!!! Thats why I mentioned "Privilege" in the title. You figured it out. Are you a detective?

You can ask for a link all day, but if I have other shit to do and you dig into your ignorant position that makes YOU look stupid not me. You took the word of a rapist as Gospel. I asked why.

Then you said "I better call him as many racists as I can and hope no one notices" :badgrin: :2up: Keep up the good work

Forum List

Back