Let's hear a Liberal propose a solution to the Tijuana crisis.

Liberals would open the door wide and welcome the criminals in.....

Not all immigrants are criminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those who come to and/or rush the border without legal documentation are criminals.

Like the pilgrims did?

Hardly fits since there were no immigration laws at the time.

Thats true. When you told us you wanted to live in peace, you lied, and kept lying until the present day. When we take our country back, we won’t make that mistake again.

All of us Conservatives WHO WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG about the growing border crisis have offered plenty of solutions. Some are more drastic than others but Conservatives don't all sing off the same sheet of music, so that's fine.

I want to hear a Liberal state clearly what the solution is at the Tijuana border. I haven't read one yet. My solution is the Mexican government starts sending buses tomorrow to transport those thousands of people out of TJ to surrounding towns and cities. Mexico is to provide food and shelter and offer them asylum in Mexico. If they don't take it, they go back to Central America by bus on Mexico's dime.

Mexico also has to stop letting caravans into their Southern border and if they need to use tear gas or electrify the fence or some other non level means. then do it. No guns I don't want to see anyone killed but this shit has got to stop. That is not how our immigration process works and we don't change it just because Central America is a hell hole.

Will a Liberal stand up and give a solution?

Send me down there!

Well, I dunno if I count as your usual liberal or whatever, but I have an idea.

I'm going to stand arm in arm with our National Guard troops,

-register these folks at the border,
-send them to some depopulated rust belt city
-GIVE/force them to live in, a city owned house that the city can't even sell at auction
-Force them to work for a decade and stay there
-Keep track of them so if they go to jail we can deport them again
-Give them citizenship after a decade.

Welcome to America folks, get to work and let's fix our property demand problems.
For most of those coming from Honduras and Guatemala, that would certainly be step up and many would volunteer.

lead_720_405.jpg

Low Income neighborhood in the Honduran capital where the murder rate is 20 times greater than the US rate and public executions by the police and gangs are common.

Does my idea count as "liberal"?

I think even though it wss inspired by the colinization acts of the 19th century, it is.

All of us Conservatives WHO WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG about the growing border crisis have offered plenty of solutions. Some are more drastic than others but Conservatives don't all sing off the same sheet of music, so that's fine.

I want to hear a Liberal state clearly what the solution is at the Tijuana border. I haven't read one yet. My solution is the Mexican government starts sending buses tomorrow to transport those thousands of people out of TJ to surrounding towns and cities. Mexico is to provide food and shelter and offer them asylum in Mexico. If they don't take it, they go back to Central America by bus on Mexico's dime.

Mexico also has to stop letting caravans into their Southern border and if they need to use tear gas or electrify the fence or some other non level means. then do it. No guns I don't want to see anyone killed but this shit has got to stop. That is not how our immigration process works and we don't change it just because Central America is a hell hole.

Accept all immigrants.
Place ALL of them in comfy cozy compounds.
Vet ALL of them for undesirables and criminals, return THEM to their home countries.
The more desirable immigrants will remain in the compound being AMERICANIZED! Training, education, language/speaking, rules/laws, culture. When an immigrant is AMERICANIZED and ready they can move on and take their place in our country.

Those who come to and/or rush the border without legal documentation are criminals.

Like the pilgrims did?

Thats true. When you told us you wanted to live in peace, you lied, and kept lying until the present day. When we take our country back, we won’t make that mistake again.

'YOU' who??? Me personally? Or white man, in general???

I am mixed blood with more Native blood than Pocahontas but I don't use it for advantage, so don't go blaming me. I'd rather they had stayed in Europe and left the rest of us alone.

There is no crisis. Trump has created a crisis through making a major deal about a problem that can be dealt with using reasoning, intelligence and diplomacy. He has screeched about this problem so much and in so many ways, it has become hysteria. Ridiculous.

Then why did faggot Obama use teargas 94 times?

If you Stalinists are in the right, why do you incessantly lie? You lied about the child separations, using pictures from 2014 and claiming they were Trump, you lie now about the teargas, Obama used it constantly.

Yet you Marxists and the little Goebbels of the lying fuck press continue to lie.
Your post is irrelevant to the topic. The fact it was used in the past and yet we didn't think there was a crisis proves that there is no crisis now: Trump's rhetoric, screaming shit his base, nimos like you, want to hear has created a manufactured crisis.

The solution is simple. Keep the border secure, follow asylum law and ICE procedures, and treat applicants humanly. There is nothing new about these caravans coming to the US. This has been going on for at least 18 years. What is new is politicize the events in an attempt to create a crisis.

Where the US is missing the boat, is not spending the money in Central American countries to tell people how long and difficult the trip to the US border is and what is in store for them once they reach the border. There chance of legal admission to the US through asylum is about 1 in 10 and there chance for successful illegal admission is no better and more dangerous.

The asylum law needs to be changed. Petitions for asylum should be accepted by consulates and embassies in the countries eliminating the need for all these people to travel to the US border.

What is new is the size and frequency of the caravans. I've lived in Arizona since the early 80s and am very familiar with the constant inflow of immigrants from Mexico, Central America and elsewhere. I have never seen a single group even 1/10th the size of the one massing in Tijuana. As desperate as those people are, most will not be brought into the US. I would say they CAN'T be if for no other reason that you will be encouraging wave after wave after wave of these caravans.

No one is disputing that Honduras is hell on Earth but so is Somalia, so is Yemen, so is Syria and a dozen more countries at least. Our resources are not limitless, hell we're broke for that matter. And the resources these immigrants will require affect our poorest citizens. Is that fair? I don't think so. IMO Mexico created the current crisis in Tijuana and they need to solve it. And they need to control their Southern border or we will go down there and help them control it. This cannot be how we process asylum claims, with thousands of desperate (some violent) people pounding at the fence throwing rocks and bottles at border agents. This is madness.
I don't understand how Mexico created the crisis. It is the US asylum laws that attracted these people from Central America and America political, military, and economic intervention that helped create the condition that has prompted the migration.

Mexico has always had open borders. You can enter Mexico with just identification, no visas or permits required. It's been that way for over a century and there's no reason why they should change this.

Yes, we are having large caravans because the word has gotten out that it is safest way to travel to the US border.

I want to hear a Liberal state clearly what the solution is at the Tijuana border. I haven't read one yet.

Sure. Assign enough caseworkers to do an evaluation of whether these folks are really refugees or not. The ones who are should be granted residency.

Problem solved.

Getting to a solution has to starts with acknowledging that the absolute best outcome for them and for us is for them not to be forced out of their homes in the first place.

Donald Trump's 2019 budget for immigration enforcement and detention is 26 billion plus 18 billion for a border wall. That's more than the gross national product of of Honduras and El Salvador combined. A fraction of the enforcement budget well spent on economic development would reduce migration pressure. It would be a better use of taxpayer dollars than trying to intercept people in flight at a militarized border and then criminalizing them.

Aside from the utility, it is the right thing to do. American interventions, political, military and economic, helped create the conditions prompting many migrations, including this one.

Last edited:

Like the pilgrims did?

Who is "we" and what country do you intend to take, Comrade?

All ILLEGAL aliens are.
asking for asylum is not illegal. we should be upgrading Ellis Island, so they go over there instead of increase pressure on our border.

Doper danny the drugged of dreg, you are worthy of ignoring. The illegal aliens could have asked for asylum at the embassy in their country. They have no desire for anything other than to illegally crash into our nation,

Millions of more illegals will not get you the free money with no effort on your part that you so desperately desire. Every illegal that comes in strains the welfare system you want to sponge off of.

All ILLEGAL aliens are.
asking for asylum is not illegal. we should be upgrading Ellis Island, so they go over there instead of increase pressure on our border.

Doper danny the drugged of dreg, you are worthy of ignoring. The illegal aliens could have asked for asylum at the embassy in their country. They have no desire for anything other than to illegally crash into our nation,

Millions of more illegals will not get you the free money with no effort on your part that you so desperately desire. Every illegal that comes in strains the welfare system you want to sponge off of.
For about the tenth time, they can not ask for asylum in the embassy in their country. Our immigration law requires that they apply at a US port of entry or a customs office.

All ILLEGAL aliens are.

For about the tenth time, they can not ask for asylum in the embassy in their country. Our immigration law requires that they apply at a US port of entry or a customs office.

You are flat out lying.

How to Obtain Protection from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate

Solution?

Why is it a crisis?

Illegal immigration is at its lowest point in years.

The only reason it is a crisis is the mismanagement of this administration in order to create a crisis.

Solution?

Why is it a crisis?

The only reason it is a crisis is the mismanagement of this administration in order to create a crisis.
Did the administration bus 8000 Central Americans to one port of entry? Did Trump do that? What would you call good management of the situation?

Solution?

Why is it a crisis?

Did the administration bus 8000 Central Americans to one port of entry? Did Trump do that? What would you call good management of the situation?

Who closed ports of entry?

I want to hear a Liberal state clearly what the solution is at the Tijuana border. I haven't read one yet.

Sure. Assign enough caseworkers to do an evaluation of whether these folks are really refugees or not. The ones who are should be granted residency.

Problem solved.

Getting to a solution has to starts with acknowledging that the absolute best outcome for them and for us is for them not to be forced out of their homes in the first place.

Donald Trump's 2019 budget for immigration enforcement and detention is 26 billion plus 18 billion for a border wall. That's more than the gross national product of of Honduras and El Salvador combined. A fraction of the enforcement budget well spent on economic development would reduce migration pressure. It would be a better use of taxpayer dollars than trying to intercept people in flight at a militarized border and then criminalizing them.

Aside from the utility, it is the right thing to do. American interventions, political, military and economic, helped create the conditions prompting many migrations, including this one.
I agree that we need to address the source of the migration. Economic development? That might be a good long term goal, but the real reason their fleeing is there is no rule of law in their country. So we would once again have to be the police force that does that. Then what do you do with the corrupt regime in power? Depose them? Put "our guy" in charge? Why does this sound so familiar? I say first and foremost we send troops to the Mexican Southern Border and send the message to Central America that the highway to America is closed. Once we've done that and the caravan pipeline is shut down, we look at what we can do to make those countries at least tolerable. But that is a long expensive road with no guarantee of success.

Solution?

Why is it a crisis?

Who closed ports of entry?
Ports plural? No, only Tijuana and only after the migrants tried to storm the gates throwing rocks and bottles at border guards. Let's recap here. This massive caravan was somehow funded and organized. They literally broke down the border wall at the Mexican Southern Border. They made their way up into Mexico hung out for a few days and then were transported to Tijuana by ???? who knows, but I think you would agree it was not Donald Trump. And why wouldn't the organizers send the migrants to the various ports of entry? Why all of them to Tijuana? Perhaps to manufacture a crisis?

Forum List

Back