Letterman Flings Slime at 14-Year-Old Willow Palin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should check out the new Tonight Show. And by the way, Letterman WAS goofy, in the 80s-early 90s. That was his charm. Then, he became hateful.

Sad but true - particularly so in the last couple of years.

Perhaps he is simply bored out of his mind? What is left of his mind anyway...
For one thing he never got over being passed over for Johnny Carson's chair. Then when Leno started winning the late night ratings consistently, it seemed he started getting desperate, trying to get his writers to be more "edgy."

Then when Bush became POTUS, they all thought they had themselves a cash cow, and for Letterman at least he went to that well about a million times too often while Leno somehow found better things to joke about and never was hateful, delivering actually funny material night after night, and continued to kick Letterman's ass night after night.

Letterman is a bitter, angry rich old codger. When Conan starts kicking his ass as well, he'll probably just hang it up. As he should.

That is a matter of opinion. Some of the funniest shows I have ever seen were when Leno was a guest on Letterman's show. They were both "edgy" and then when Leno got the Tonight Show, he got bland, probably so as not to offend his newly inherited elderly viewers. If you want to talk about a comedian beating a subject to death, think back to the days of the OJ trial when Leno had his "dancing Itos" on his show for weeks. Once was amusing. 15 times was nauseating.

The reason why the left wing media & left wing comedians attack Sarah Palin--IS BECAUSE THEY ARE TERRIFIED OF HER.

That is the funniest thing I have read all day.

But it's the truth :clap2:
I have a feeling Obama is going to be having a hard time in the next election...of course by the time he's done destroying the US, i don't know who would really want that job!

Agna, you actually advocate for children to have sex, that's the reason you want them to have equal rights.

That's the difference.

Didn't you just go off on some screed about personal responsibility, how everyone needs to take care of themselves, blah, blah, blah? Why doesn't that apply to children?

Shut the fuck up pussy. Damn but you are dumb. I'm thinking of changing your ID to threadkill. Or Sealybobo, Jr.

If your hillbilly ass can figure it out, Cletus. It's me who's been teaching you how to run the Admin CP, ain't it? :lol:

Oh, and if I was "killing" or "derailing" the thread, you just exacerbated that. So let's get back to the topic of rightists whining about a joke made by an entertainer rather than focusing on relevant political issues.

I don't think anyone can rationally call Sarah Palin an idiot when she literally stood toe to toe with a 30+ year career politician (Joe Biden)-who has been in poliitical debates all of his life-& take the shots & give them back. And Sarah Palin--gave them right back.

Sorry, nice try, but Biden is an idiot as well.

And do we really need to replay the videos of her extraordinarily terrible interviews? Are you going to tell me that she's intelligent when she says "I can see Russia from Alaska?" Or that Russia sends military planes into US airspace? Or any other number of similarly stupid statements? Go ahead and cry that the media only asked "gotcha" questions, but if you realize that and you don't see that, then you are a blind idealogue and there is really no point in discussing it further with someone whose IQ is the same as the maximum speed on an interstate freeway.

You're FULL of it--you know what the point is. You DON'T replay the videos they were editied- it you want to read the ACTUAL transcript you will be able to see what was edited OUT by the media that wanted to INSURE an Obama victory.

BTW--I would have loved to have seen the look on Obama's face--if Katie Courick would have asked him about a 30 year old policy that Joe Biden signed off on. The left wing media made certain that they never asked Barack Obama a question--that he knew nothing about--they never asked tough questions.:clap2:

Last edited:
Agna, you actually advocate for children to have sex, that's the reason you want them to have equal rights.

That's the difference.

Didn't you just go off on some screed about personal responsibility, how everyone needs to take care of themselves, blah, blah, blah? Why doesn't that apply to children?

Adults need to take personal responsibility.

That's the difference.

And children don't? Why not?

The reason why the left wing media & left wing comedians attack Sarah Palin--IS BECAUSE THEY ARE TERRIFIED OF HER.

That is the funniest thing I have read all day.

But it's the truth :clap2:

No, it is bullshit. She proved herself during the campaign to be an incompetent buffoon who thought cutesy catch phrases and winks at the camera could replace substance. Her act was an insult to the intelligence of American citizens. I'm sure McCains campaign is sorry they chose her as a running mate. If she was the best the Republicans had, then that means the Republicans are in sad shape.

That's the difference.

I've never advocated any specific course of action for children or anyone else because I don't care what their personal actions are; I care that they have the ability to exercise their rights if they're indeed capable of using them in an informed and rational manner. And that's why you can't prove any difference between me and Newt. You can't point to anything that indicates an interest on my part for children to engage in sexual activity with each other or me except for an ideological position that you don't like...problem is, Newt Gingrich shares that position, and George Will has expressed support for it. :lol:

Nik, this line of argument is not very strongly supported. 3 year old children can not take personal responsibility. 12 year old children are experienced or smart enough to understand what the consequences of their actions are beyond getting in trouble at school or with the parents, so we, as reasonable adult human beings, give them a pass on being personally responsible until they are 18. That doesn't mean they are smart enough to understand that consequences of their actions, it just means that parents are sick of doing it for them.

other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

You guys care about this and not Bill O'Reilly insighting a guy to go kill someone?

This kind of stuff got the Kennedy's and MLK shot.

Oh but you all love that.

I'm not saying any joke should be illegal. I am saying CBS should kick him off the air.

Hm. That doesn't sound like capitalism. That sounds like regulation.

Being PC is quite different from telling a joke about molesting a child.

Really? Can you explain why its different?

A company firing an employee is anti-capitalist? That's a new one.

No, someone thinking that they 'should' fire them implies a desire for regulation, and that isn't very free market, now is it?

So, elvis, so you don't avoid this:

Nik, this line of argument is not very strongly supported. 3 year old children can not take personal responsibility. 12 year old children are experienced or smart enough to understand what the consequences of their actions are beyond getting in trouble at school or with the parents, so we, as reasonable adult human beings, give them a pass on being personally responsible until they are 18. That doesn't mean they are smart enough to understand that consequences of their actions, it just means that parents are sick of doing it for them.

I was under the impression we were talking about adolescents. Why exactly can't 14/15/16 year olds take personal responsibility for themselves?

Hm. That doesn't sound like capitalism. That sounds like regulation.

No, someone thinking that they 'should' fire them implies a desire for regulation, and that isn't very free market, now is it?

Wasnt avoiding. I was answering one question at a time. I don't desire regulation. I hope the Cubs get rid of their relief pitcher. That means I want the government to force them to get rid of him?
Calling postmen "postperson" or "chairmen" "chairperson" is awfully petty compared to saying it'd be funny if Willow Palin's daughter were raped by a baseball player. No?
If CBS wants to keep Letterman on the air, it's their choice. I don't want the government stepping in. I am giving my opinion as to what CBS should do. hopefully giving my opinion does not make me a command-economy guy.

Wasnt avoiding. I was answering one question at a time. I don't desire regulation. I hope the Cubs get rid of their relief pitcher. That means I want the government to force them to get rid of him?
Calling postmen "postperson" or "chairmen" "chairperson" is awfully petty compared to saying it'd be funny if Willow Palin's daughter were raped by a baseball player. No?
If CBS wants to keep Letterman on the air, it's their choice. I don't want the government stepping in. I am giving my opinion as to what CBS should do. hopefully giving my opinion does not make me a command-economy guy.

Letterman wasn't talking about rape. Not as in unconsensual sex. Yes, you can legally use the term, but its intellectually dishonest and you should recognize that as such.

It's still a reality that even if statutory rape is everything you say and more, it at most constitutes manipulation, whereas actual rape involves violence or open coercion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back