🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberal bias in America's schools....

I don't think people should be forced to pay school taxes AT ALL! Whether they're a property owner or not, "if they don't have kids of school age".

Your kids... you pay for them. Not my kids... I DON'T pay for them.

A 1999 report from the Educational Testing Service showed a gulf, nationwide, between blacks and whites on the PRAXIS: 82 percent of whites and 46 percent of blacks passed all sections.

It's not unique to that exam: On the SAT, taken by high schoolers, whites had an average score of 1058, compared with 860 for blacks, in 2000.

The Educational Testing Service report warned that the ``push to diversify the race/ethnicity of the teaching force has collided head-on with the higher standards movement.'' Raising PRAXIS requirements, it said, could exclude ``a disproportionate number of minorities from the profession.''
http://www.solargeneral.com/ja/blackfailure/teachertestshowswideracialgap.html

Originally posted by Big D
A 1999 report from the Educational Testing Service showed a gulf, nationwide, between blacks and whites on the PRAXIS: 82 percent of whites and 46 percent of blacks passed all sections.

It's not unique to that exam: On the SAT, taken by high schoolers, whites had an average score of 1058, compared with 860 for blacks, in 2000.

The Educational Testing Service report warned that the ``push to diversify the race/ethnicity of the teaching force has collided head-on with the higher standards movement.'' Raising PRAXIS requirements, it said, could exclude ``a disproportionate number of minorities from the profession.''
http://www.solargeneral.com/ja/blackfailure/teachertestshowswideracialgap.html

Ok D, lets pretend that you are correct. Exactly how can we fix this issue without segregation? The big S isn't an option.

Originally posted by pegwinn
Ok D, lets pretend that you are correct. Exactly how can we fix this issue without segregation? The big S isn't an option.
Well, the first thing people should do is stop pretending that there is'nt a problem.

Well, the first thing people should do is stop pretending that there is'nt a problem.

Peg thats his solution. I've been down this road with this guy before, he has all the complaints but 0 solutions. He mainly talks out of fear of anything thats different than him. He can't lead a normal life like the rest of us and get along with everybody, he has to seclude himself in order to feel good about himself.

Originally posted by insein
MAn where have you been. Just go look at the War on terror board and you'll see what an ass this guy is.

LOL, sorry I'm not on as much as you all are.

So he's a lib then?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAn where have you been. Just go look at the War on terror board and you'll see what an ass this guy is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Gop guy
LOL, sorry I'm not on as much as you all are.

So he's a lib then?

Naw, he's just an idiot.

Originally posted by pegwinn
quote:

Naw, he's just an idiot.

Ding ding. Although i think we're insulting idiots everywhere.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I don't think people should be forced to pay school taxes AT ALL! Whether they're a property owner or not, "if they don't have kids of school age".

Your kids... you pay for them. Not my kids... I DON'T pay for them.

Surely Pale Rider, you recognize that an educated society has many benefits that apply to people who have no children as well?

Wow, did I just make a point without being rude? Probably has a lot to do with the fact that the discussion on this board doesn't result in people calling each other's patriotism into question.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Fine, you don't have to be so rude.

May I ask, are you a liberal, or a conservative?

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

I aplogize. I was still flaming hot from the War on Terrorism board when I said that. After being called an America hater, an idiot, a moron, a homosexual, a friend of Husseins, asupporter of terrorism, and a lover of sin, many dozens of times over, I was very irritable. Hair trigger. My bad.

Anyone, my point still remains though, but to phrase it in a more polite way - if the school system is to liberal for conservatives, its obviously because there are to many liberals working in the school system. Hence, the best way for a conservative to make the school system more conservative, is to become a teacher.

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
I aplogize. I was still flaming hot from the War on Terrorism board when I said that. After being called an America hater, an idiot, a moron, a homosexual, a friend of Husseins, asupporter of terrorism, and a lover of sin, many dozens of times over, I was very irritable. Hair trigger. My bad.

Anyone, my point still remains though, but to phrase it in a more polite way - if the school system is to liberal for conservatives, its obviously because there are to many liberals working in the school system. Hence, the best way for a conservative to make the school system more conservative, is to become a teacher.

You are obviously completely ignorant of the system. The agenda is not a conservative cirriculum. A conservative teacher then makes no difference. Home schooling and therefore non-participation in the corrupt system is the ONLY solution.

The only hope to change the current educational system into a more conservative one is by having conservatives run the whole thing. The libs are dominating in education, from superintendant down to first grade teacher. A few conservative teachers either get snubbed out or are not heard above the complaining libs who try desperetly to make their case more important than it really is.
"Everyone wants to help save the world, no one wants to help mom with the dishes."--PJ O'Rourke

The educational system will not be cured of this disease, my whole generation is screwed, as is the subsequent, until we completely with factory made, impersonal teachers. Well, that will do it for today.

But are you a conservative or a liberal?

Originally posted by NewGuy
You are obviously completely ignorant of the system. The agenda is not a conservative cirriculum. A conservative teacher then makes no difference. Home schooling and therefore non-participation in the corrupt system is the ONLY solution.

What exactly is not conservative about the curriculum? The fact that the Bible is not taught as science? Or the fact that 100 years of physics is not thrown out of the window? Or is it that fact our children are not completely ignorant about sex? Is that what bothers you?

Originally posted by JohnGalt
The only hope to change the current educational system into a more conservative one is by having conservatives run the whole thing. The libs are dominating in education, from superintendant down to first grade teacher. A few conservative teachers either get snubbed out or are not heard above the complaining libs who try desperetly to make their case more important than it really is.
"Everyone wants to help save the world, no one wants to help mom with the dishes."--PJ O'Rourke

The educational system will not be cured of this disease, my whole generation is screwed, as is the subsequent, until we completely with factory made, impersonal teachers. Well, that will do it for today.

I'm really confused about this supposed liberal bias in schools. I went to a public school from 4th to 8th grade, granted it was in the deep south, but I really didn't notice any bias one way or another. For crying out loud, they took 2 weeks out of PE to teach us about hunter safety, and on the last day we got to shoot skeet, I would hardly call that a liberal bias! (Or, I would, because I think a true liberal believes in all the amendments, but I doubt you would call that a liberal bias)

Originally posted by OCA
Peg thats his solution. I've been down this road with this guy before, he has all the complaints but 0 solutions. He mainly talks out of fear of anything thats different than him. He can't lead a normal life like the rest of us and get along with everybody, he has to seclude himself in order to feel good about himself.
Well, we can all just keep lowing the standards of education untill all groups are equal to blacks.

Well, we can all just keep lowing the standards of education untill all groups are equal to blacks.

Name one black person you are "smarter" than ya fool....
I dare ya.

When God was handing out brains you were scrubbing my toilet.

Forum List

Back