Liberal Business owners - a true story of what I get to deal with right now

You thnk you know me based off internetz posts ? Im a desirable young stud...she doesnt put up she quivvers

Do you honestly think you don't reveal who you are online? Heck, you are probably more yourself online with the anonymous posting then you are in real life. It's human nature to be ourselves more naturally when no one knows us.

well...he happens to be a desireable stud....and his wife DOES quiver.

I just bought this fancy new keyboard, and I would greatly appreciate not spewing all over it.

Thank you.

The could hire 3 more full timers and a gazillion part timers and expand their business, if this story is even true, and not have to provide their employees health care coverage.

I'm very surprised that an employer of 47 full time employees isn't already providing health care coverage.

Someone else will fill the void.

you cant successfully expand a business with all part timers. It is impossible. Dedication of employees does not become an asset unless they are full time.

You need to understand how to run and expand a business to successfully engage in a debate on this topic.

Employee dedication and loyalty is very important to a small business....if one employee is not dedicated, the quality of the work/product/service is only as good as that one "non dedicated" employee.

shaws Supermarket on the east coast really won't hire more fulltimers and mostly hires part timers now in order to save money.
the place i work for now, the only full time are the Manager and assistant manager.

So in reality you sort of can, expand on this set-up.

As for the Op, you should have been fired, you let your politics get in the way of your work. You should have said, I don't think it is wise to expand just yet. Lets see how Obamacare fleshes out and in 6 months if its all ok i would say go for it.

You made it into something it didnt need to be.

Hear that, Blue? You should have been fired for telling the truth, instead of "putting your politics out of the way" and happymouthing Obamacare so that you could kick the can down the road six months, the way the politicians do.

The could hire 3 more full timers and a gazillion part timers and expand their business, if this story is even true, and not have to provide their employees health care coverage.

I'm very surprised that an employer of 47 full time employees isn't already providing health care coverage.

Someone else will fill the void.

you cant successfully expand a business with all part timers. It is impossible. Dedication of employees does not become an asset unless they are full time.

You need to understand how to run and expand a business to successfully engage in a debate on this topic.

Employee dedication and loyalty is very important to a small business....if one employee is not dedicated, the quality of the work/product/service is only as good as that one "non dedicated" employee.

shaws Supermarket on the east coast really won't hire more fulltimers and mostly hires part timers now in order to save money.
the place i work for now, the only full time are the Manager and assistant manager.

As for the Op, you should have been fired, you let your politics get in the way of your work. You should have said, I don't think it is wise to expand just yet. Lets see how Obamacare fleshes out and in 6 months if its all ok i would say go for it.

But I dont see how that implies they can EXPAND with part timers...which is what my point was....a company looking to save money may be preparing to expand...but most certtainly is not in an expansion mode.

If a business model of "full timers" got you to the point where you are ready to expand, changing the business model to one of part timers MAY prove to be a grave mistake. At best, it would be a crap shoot as it is not yet proven under your guidence.

In other words, you'd lie to them

thats not lying, thats saying wait and see.....Its smart, you lose nothing in the end. See if Obamacare does exactly what he thinks it will do, or watch it do nothing and all your worries where for not. Then you can expand or not based on where you are money wise then.

This is why you got the election wrong. You are so fucking full of yourself. someday maybe you might actually wake up and realize you have been doing this thing called life all wrong. I doubt it, but who knows

But I dont see how that implies they can EXPAND with part timers...which is what my point was....a company looking to save money may be preparing to expand...but most certtainly is not in an expansion mode.

If a business model of "full timers" got you to the point where you are ready to expand, changing the business model to one of part timers MAY prove to be a grave mistake. At best, it would be a crap shoot as it is not yet proven under your guidence.

easy. You higher or transfer other managers from other stores. You higher from within and replace with parttimers. So at the new store your only full-time are people who are grandfathered in or managers.

Oh true it may be a mistake in the long run, but thats what they are choosing to do as far as i know. If they loose there is 4 other supermarkets to take their place.

thats not lying, thats saying wait and see.....Its smart, you lose nothing in the end. See if Obamacare does exactly what he thinks it will do, or watch it do nothing and all your worries where for not. Then you can expand or not based on where you are money wise then.

This is why you got the election wrong. You are so fucking full of yourself. someday maybe you might actually wake up and realize you have been doing this thing called life all wrong. I doubt it, but who knows

And tell me, why wouldn't Obamacare do what exactly what it's supposed to do?

Hear that, Blue? You should have been fired for telling the truth, instead of "putting your politics out of the way" and happymouthing Obamacare so that you could kick the can down the road six months, the way the politicians do.

yes he should have been fired for speaking how he did. He didnt guide them, he let politics get in the way of logic.
Naturally a dipshit like you can't grasp that concept.

And tell me, why wouldn't Obamacare do what exactly what it's supposed to do?

And punt!

easy. You higher or transfer other managers from other stores. You higher from within and replace with parttimers. So at the new store your only full-time are people who are grandfathered in or managers.

Oh true it may be a mistake in the long run, but thats what they are choosing to do as far as i know. If they loose there is 4 other supermarkets to take their place.

And you have disrupted the model at the other stores that is proven. I am not saying it wont work....and when you have 4 other stores already to fall back on, you may be able to take a chance..

But on the heals of a recession, for a small business to take that chance by altering the model that got you to the point of being ready to expand? It would be a very dangerous move.

Bear in mind...we are in a climate where we are trying to promote job growth....expansion.

Be it 1 dollar and 1 million dollars....government slapping an increase on operating costs on a business will do nothing to help promote job growth. If anything, it will deter it.

Which is what this debate is all about.

No, HE probably wouldn't have any idea how Obamacare is going to "flesh out" in six months. The left persists in thinking that mathematical and economic projections are nothing but blind guesswork, because that's what THEIR economists give them, and they're completely mystified when they see someone taking the available facts and figures and producing a solid analysis. It seems to be news to them that not everyone is willing to be bullshitted, and then told six months later that "it's a huge, unforeseen surprise" when they get the truth.

You end up creating a hiring manager position when you use that many part-timers. That person is a fixed cost in your new model and creates no profit.

And you have disrupted the model at the other stores that is proven. I am not saying it wont work....and when you have 4 other stores already to fall back on, you may be able to take a chance..

But on the heals of a recession, for a small business to take that chance by altering the model that got you to the point of being ready to expand? It would be a very dangerous move.

Bear in mind...we are in a climate where we are trying to promote job growth....expansion.

Be it 1 dollar and 1 million dollars....government slapping an increase on operating costs on a business will do nothing to help promote job growth. If anything, it will deter it.

Which is what this debate is all about.
well i think they can risk it because there is so much competition from the other stores, that they a\have to do something to find money.
this is a prime example when capitalism eats itself.

It's entirely possible that his employers are as piss-stupid as you are, and will never realize that he lied to them for six months with "wait and see" when he already knew full well that it wasn't going to happen. But it's unlikely, which is why it's NOT smart, and he WILL lose something: his job. Believe it or not, the private sector - even the parts owned by dipshit liberals who foolishly vote against their own best interests - does not pay to be nodded at like a bobblehead doll; they pay to be told the truth. Wasting six months of the business's time in a holding pattern of hoping and expecting to expand, instead of promptly instituting a plan for the future you KNOW is coming is irresponsible.

It's not but what I would expect from a leftist, though, since you're all such a greedy, self-absorbed lot of me-monkeys.

This is why we got the election wrong: we underestimated just how much the nation had been dumbed-down into a bunch of spoiled little toddlers, whining and needing their asses wiped.

No, HE probably wouldn't have any idea how Obamacare is going to "flesh out" in six months. The left persists in thinking that mathematical and economic projections are nothing but blind guesswork, because that's what THEIR economists give them, and they're completely mystified when they see someone taking the available facts and figures and producing a solid analysis. It seems to be news to them that not everyone is willing to be bullshitted, and then told six months later that "it's a huge, unforeseen surprise" when they get the truth.

oo a partisan answer from a hack. Whats to say on the right this isnt the case as well? That you are blind because you are given the info they want you to see?

Oh......im sure i will see sometype of stupid excuse as to why is not. Liberty and freedom type answer.....

The fact of the matter is Blue would be better able to give a better outlook after we are 6 months in then now.

I understand using hard data and evidence goes against your natural instinct to use your speculation as truth, but most people who live in reality like to use facts.

Forum List

Back