Liberal Business owners - a true story of what I get to deal with right now

And Canada's big complaint is that too many Americans are sneaking across THEIR border to get free prescription drugs.

No its not. And prescriptions aren't free in Canada.

I should have said "subsidized drugs", but it's still a real problem...

It's illegal, but desperate Americans are buying drugs online from Canada - Orlando Sentinel

The high cost of prescription drugs has left many Central Floridians scrambling for ways to afford their medications. But for Anita Prager of Apopka, cheaper meds are just a mouse click away.

Prager is among the estimated 1 million Americans each year who buy their medications online from Canada. It's not clear how many Floridians get their drugs that way, but this consumer segment is growing as more people look for ways to cut down on health-care costs.

And Canada's big complaint is that too many Americans are sneaking across THEIR border to get free prescription drugs.

They are however, significantly cheaper than on our side of the border. Case in point is Mexico that used to be covered with shops selling cheap trinkets when you cross the US border. Now they are covered with pharmacies

Only if you're not covered.

My father pays a higher out-of-pocket costs for his medications than I do.

I should have said "subsidized drugs", but it's still a real problem...

It's illegal, but desperate Americans are buying drugs online from Canada - Orlando Sentinel

The high cost of prescription drugs has left many Central Floridians scrambling for ways to afford their medications. But for Anita Prager of Apopka, cheaper meds are just a mouse click away.

Prager is among the estimated 1 million Americans each year who buy their medications online from Canada. It's not clear how many Floridians get their drugs that way, but this consumer segment is growing as more people look for ways to cut down on health-care costs.

The government buys the drugs from the companies in bulk then, I believe depending on the province, sells them at cost or a small loss, except in the case of catastrophic treatments where the government pays for it. The downside of this system is that the governments sometimes don't pay for cutting edge treatments, often waiting 3-4 years until prices come down. Avastin wasn't available in Canada for some time after it was introduced in America.

The government buys the drugs from the companies in bulk then, I believe depending on the province, sells them at cost or a small loss, except in the case of catastrophic treatments where the government pays for it. The downside of this system is that the governments sometimes don't pay for cutting edge treatments, often waiting 3-4 years until prices come down. Avastin wasn't available in Canada for some time after it was introduced in America.

Yes, Big Pharma has been kind of dickish towards Canada. But they made obscene Profits in America, that's the important thing.

Can't lose sight of our priorities... car elevators and dressage horsies.

Just what are you liberals whining about? Big Pharma uses a progressive system to determine their product pricing. People in third world countries pay a certain rate and more for better off countries. You make that sound like a bad thing.

Just what are you liberals whining about? Big Pharma uses a progressive system to determine their product pricing. People in third world countries pay a certain rate and more for better off countries. You make that sound like a bad thing.

Again, are you some kind of special retard? Did someone steal your helmet this morning?

Your inability to mount a counter argument is noted. Its a progressive system, why are you opposed to it?

Again, are you some kind of special retard? Did someone steal your helmet this morning?

Your inability to mount a counter argument is noted. Its a progressive system, why are you opposed to it?

Because that's nowhere close to what big Pharma does, or would do if it got its way.

They sell at bulk rates in Canada and other rich countries because the government tells them that is the cost of doing business there.

The US, the gouge the shit out of sick people because they've bought off our politicians.

Yes, Big Pharma has been kind of dickish towards Canada. But they made obscene Profits in America, that's the important thing.

Can't lose sight of our priorities... car elevators and dressage horsies.

Big Pharma hasn't been "dickish." The provinces choose not to buy the medicine. They can't afford to. They restrict resources to where they think is most optimal. Even older, less expensive medicines can be difficult to get. That's how socialized medicine works.

Because that's nowhere close to what big Pharma does, or would do if it got its way.

They sell at bulk rates in Canada and other rich countries because the government tells them that is the cost of doing business there.

The US, the gouge the shit out of sick people because they've bought off our politicians.

You have no idea of research and the drug approval process. Its an ability to pay system which is progressive. Your denial doesn't change that.

I have no doubt that some undercapitalized, marginal businesses are going to be swamped by ObamaCare's requirements, but they probably weren't going to last long run, anyway.

Hey Joe? I know you are one seriously dumb communist asshole (I mean seriously d-u-m-b), but even you should be smart enough to consider this very important question:

What business in the entire world is more "undercapitalized" than the U.S. federal government? They are $16 trillion in debt. Never in world history has ANY business been $16 trillion in debt.

And yet you want them to take on Obamacare and you want them to socialize medicine while openly admitting that it will kill any business that is "undercapitalized". :cuckoo:

Will you ever realize just how fucking stupid you are before making a post? I am so embarrassed for you. How do you not cringe when people point out the monumental flaws in your ultra ignorant beliefs?

The US Government wasn't "undercapitalized" until Conservatards did two really retarded things.

1) Give the wealthy huge tax cuts they didn't need.

2) Sign awful trade treaties that made American workers compete with child slave labor.

We don't have a "Capitalization" problem, we have a "too gutless to tax problem. If you weren't completely retarded, you'd realize this.

I mean, shit, even when Clinton taxed the wealthy at 39%, we still managed to pass balanced budgets.

Typical - you avoid the issue. You flat out admitted that Obamacare will collapse an "undercapitalized" organization. Well, the federal government is an astounding $16 trillion in debt - far worse than any business has ever been in world history.

So by your own admission, Obamacare will collapse the United States. Even when you've accidentally admitted the truth, you back peddle and change the subject when someone points out that your own words proves your wrong and the other side is right. You just can't be honest or acknowledge reality, can you?

Typical - you avoid the issue. You flat out admitted that Obamacare will collapse an "undercapitalized" organization. Well, the federal government is an astounding $16 trillion in debt - far worse than any business has ever been in world history.

So by your own admission, Obamacare will collapse the United States. Even when you've accidentally admitted the truth, you back peddle and change the subject when someone points out that your own words proves your wrong and the other side is right. You just can't be honest or acknowledge reality, can you?

Meh... 16 Trillion in an Economy that has a GDP of 15 Trillion isn't that seriously in debt.

Most families owe twice or three times their annual income in mortgages and credit card debt.

After WWII, our national debt vastly EXCEEDED our GDP. But we got it down by taxing the wealthy appropriately and building up the middle class.

We could easily close our debt merely by going back to Pre-Reagan tax and trade policies.

Meh... 16 Trillion in an Economy that has a GDP of 15 Trillion isn't that seriously in debt.

Most families owe twice or three times their annual income in mortgages and credit card debt.

I shudder to imagine what your personal finances are like. A mortgage is backed by a tangible asset that grows in value. If you own anything close to your yearly income in credit card debt, then it's a miracle that you haven't declared bankruptcy.

After WWII, our national debt vastly EXCEEDED our GDP. But we got it down by taxing the wealthy appropriately and building up the middle class.

Wrong. We got it down by reducing spending. Most government spending during the war went to armaments and the military. Government spending dropped by 2/3 when the war ended. That can't happen now because most spending is for entitlements, and that will continue

We could easily close our debt merely by going back to Pre-Reagan tax and trade policies.

Wrong again, as usual.

I shudder to imagine what your personal finances are like. A mortgage is backed by a tangible asset that grows in value. If you own anything close to your yearly income in credit card debt, then it's a miracle that you haven't declared bankruptcy.

Hey, dumbass, you must have missed the whole housing collapse thingee in the papers. Most families could NOT sell their houses to satisfy their mortgages right now. That's the whole point.

Incidently, my credit score is 778. What's yours?

Wrong. We got it down by reducing spending. Most government spending during the war went to armaments and the military. Government spending dropped by 2/3 when the war ended. That can't happen now because most spending is for entitlements, and that will continue

US Government Spending: Total, Federal, State, Local for 1947 - Charts

I think you missed the whole thing with Korea, the Cold War and the Eisenhower era.

Let me help you out.

In 1940, Federal spending was 10 billion. By 1945, it jumped up to 107 Billion.

It dipped to 41 billion in 1947, but sprung back up to 45 Billion by 1950. By 1955, no war going on, it was up to 70 billion, but we had actually managed to close the debt.

By 1960- 97 billion a year was spent. By 1970, it had doubled to 196 billion, but we were running very little debt. In 1969, we posted SURPLUSES despite Vietnam, the Space Program and the Great Society.

So the notion we are "spending too much" is laughable. It's that we are borrowing instead of taxing. And oddly, that just increases the taste for government.

If you conservatards were serious about shrinking government, you'd demand more taxes, not less. If people paid for what they got, they'd demand more scrutiny.

:cuckoo:

Seriously folks, you can't make this stuff up. Our debt exceeds our entire GDP and the dumbocrats act like it's no big deal. Hard to believe the dumbocrats have actually achieved this extraordinary level of stupidity.

Joe makes it sound like the economy is owned by the government too. Idiot.

JoeB. dreams of a day where everything is controlled by the government. He's a die-hard communist parasite (who won't admit his ideology - says it all about that ideology, doesn't it?).

Like all of the dumbocrats, Joe has a seething hatred for anyone who has done better than him in life and he wants to see them punished for their success.

Forum List

Back