Liberal Democrats dont really believe in Evolution/ Darwinism...

...when it comes to humans. According to liberals, every other living organism can adapt to their environment and evolve to survive... but humans, particularly poor humans {specifically poor minority humans}, need federal government intervention in order to survive.

Is that like corporate subsidies?

...when it comes to humans. According to liberals, every other living organism can adapt to their environment and evolve to survive... but humans, particularly poor humans {specifically poor minority humans}, need federal government intervention in order to survive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand a lot better than you do how it works. When the meteor wiped the dinosaurs off the face of the Earth it did not take millions of years for life to come back, if it had there would have been a massive gap in the fossil record.

No, in that theory it only took "a few years". oh Quantum Windbag... The original post I responded to is baffling retarded, and I don't know how you can be under the impression that you understand how evolution works a lot better than I do.

Generations for mice are measured in months, not decades. Your problem is that you are thinking in anthropomorphic terms.

Noone is saying that evolution happens at a fixed pace for all species. There's micro evolution and there's macro evolution. Certain species reproduce faster, so of course the rates of their micro and macro evolutions increase. These changes still happen in considerable time. Thousands of years, tens of thousands of years, hundreds of thousands of years, millions of years.

Evolution happens in every birth, but that is microevolution, and concerning the changes in the alleles of the species.

The notion that you made earlier, was a total joke and you know it. You just don't sound very educated when it comes to evolution.

The single point I'm poking at in the original post of yours I quoted, is that you said "this happens in a few years. Microevolution DOES NOT produce changes significant enough in a few years(except in protozoa) to be considered to have EVOLVED into the voided niche.

On the contrary it's a matter of that species having already been evolved to fill that niche, except they could not compete or were not already present in the environment.

You can't fucking kill off any known predators of a particular invasive species, introduce that invasive species, and when it thrives say that it recently evolved to adapt to that environment. No... it was ALREADY evolved to thrive in that environment, it just no longer has the threats or competition to stop it.

98% of the people in the US do not know how evolution works, are you gong to blame that on charter schools?

Source? :eusa_eh:

Personal experience, and the simple fact that, unless you take advanced biology in college, no one explains the mechanisms of evolution. The most you get is survival of the fittest or natural selection, which doesn't explain anything. They also think it takes millions of years, when it can happen in a single generation. I have actually had to take a few hours to sit down and explain to some people who attempt to defend evolution that it is random. They actually believe that the natural selection process, whatever they think that is, makes it not random.

Feel free to take a survey and see how many people really understand it if you think I am wrong.

Lordy, lordy. A single generation? And, no, you needn't attend an advanced class in evolution to understand the basics of evolution. If you really want to gain a basic understanding of how evolution works, read the works of Ernst Mayr;

Evolution: Library: Ernst Mayr and the Evolutionary Synthesis

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/What-Evolution-Ernst-Mayr/dp/0465044263]What Evolution Is: Ernst Mayr: 9780465044269: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Stephen Jay Gould also has many excellant books on this subject;

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Jay-Gould/e/B000AQ8W6I]Amazon.com: Stephen Jay Gould: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle[/ame]

Maybe humans DID evolve.......to the point that the majority will all give up a small amount of what they have in order to be sure the poor, dumb, disabled and down on their luck folks dont starve to death. Just saying, maybe we did evolve, and thats how we evolved.

Although, I dont think you understand the theory of evolution, as your example isn't how it works.

We're reversing evolution when we drag along the weak and have them breeding. That tears down the better traits of the larger genepool.

That's just the cold hard facts.

Since we do have empathy and emotions, we care for the weaker and dumber, and guide them along as best we can. There would be a lot more resources available if such charity went just too support those who no fault of their own are unable to sustain themselves. I feel private charity would get better results than arbitrary government buearucrats who stand to gain or lose nothing personally when people abuse the system.

There are some lazy SOB's out there who need to be picking lettuce if nothing else than getting free everything. These people aren't "poor", they're fat, play a lot of X-Box and not much else. .

I don't think you understand how evolution works. Evolution is about successive generations. It's not about one already evolved species filling in a niche within the span of a few years.

Go back to high school Quantum Windbag.

I understand a lot better than you do how it works. When the meteor wiped the dinosaurs off the face of the Earth it did not take millions of years for life to come back, if it had there would have been a massive gap in the fossil record.

There is a massive gap in the fossil record, you dumb ass! There was a gap of millions of years before the plant and animal community approached the previous diversity. Not only that, it was a new plant and animal community.

There was no massive gap in the fossil record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous–Paleogene_extinction_event

No, in that theory it only took "a few years". oh Quantum Windbag... The original post I responded to is baffling retarded, and I don't know how you can be under the impression that you understand how evolution works a lot better than I do.

Generations for mice are measured in months, not decades. Your problem is that you are thinking in anthropomorphic terms.

Noone is saying that evolution happens at a fixed pace for all species. There's micro evolution and there's macro evolution. Certain species reproduce faster, so of course the rates of their micro and macro evolutions increase. These changes still happen in considerable time. Thousands of years, tens of thousands of years, hundreds of thousands of years, millions of years.

Evolution happens in every birth, but that is microevolution, and concerning the changes in the alleles of the species.

The notion that you made earlier, was a total joke and you know it. You just don't sound very educated when it comes to evolution.

The single point I'm poking at in the original post of yours I quoted, is that you said "this happens in a few years. Microevolution DOES NOT produce changes significant enough in a few years(except in protozoa) to be considered to have EVOLVED into the voided niche.

On the contrary it's a matter of that species having already been evolved to fill that niche, except they could not compete or were not already present in the environment.

You can't fucking kill off any known predators of a particular invasive species, introduce that invasive species, and when it thrives say that it recently evolved to adapt to that environment. No... it was ALREADY evolved to thrive in that environment, it just no longer has the threats or competition to stop it.

Yet we see evidence every day of evolution occurring at a faster pace. Science develops new herbicides and pesticides, individuals of that species prove resistant, and that resistance is passed on to offspring in a single generation. Without that stimulus it might take generations for a change to occur, but once a massive change in the environment occurs evolution occurs at a faster pace.

Personal experience, and the simple fact that, unless you take advanced biology in college, no one explains the mechanisms of evolution. The most you get is survival of the fittest or natural selection, which doesn't explain anything. They also think it takes millions of years, when it can happen in a single generation. I have actually had to take a few hours to sit down and explain to some people who attempt to defend evolution that it is random. They actually believe that the natural selection process, whatever they think that is, makes it not random.

Feel free to take a survey and see how many people really understand it if you think I am wrong.

Lordy, lordy. A single generation? And, no, you needn't attend an advanced class in evolution to understand the basics of evolution. If you really want to gain a basic understanding of how evolution works, read the works of Ernst Mayr;

Evolution: Library: Ernst Mayr and the Evolutionary Synthesis

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/What-Evolution-Ernst-Mayr/dp/0465044263"]What Evolution Is: Ernst Mayr: 9780465044269: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Stephen Jay Gould also has many excellant books on this subject;

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Jay-Gould/e/B000AQ8W6I"]Amazon.com: Stephen Jay Gould: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle[/ame]

You know less about evolution than you do solar power, and you know nothing about that. You don't think that resistance to a new pesticide is passed on in a single generation of the pesticide kills every individual who does not have that resistance? Reading books that skim over evolution for a popular audience will not teach you the mechanisms involved.

Maybe humans DID evolve.......to the point that the majority will all give up a small amount of what they have in order to be sure the poor, dumb, disabled and down on their luck folks dont starve to death. Just saying, maybe we did evolve, and thats how we evolved.

Although, I dont think you understand the theory of evolution, as your example isn't how it works.

We're reversing evolution when we drag along the weak and have them breeding. That tears down the better traits of the larger genepool.

That's just the cold hard facts.

Since we do have empathy and emotions, we care for the weaker and dumber, and guide them along as best we can. There would be a lot more resources available if such charity went just too support those who no fault of their own are unable to sustain themselves. I feel private charity would get better results than arbitrary government buearucrats who stand to gain or lose nothing personally when people abuse the system.

There are some lazy SOB's out there who need to be picking lettuce if nothing else than getting free everything. These people aren't "poor", they're fat, play a lot of X-Box and not much else. .

We are not reversing anything, we are simply changing the parameters involved.

Yet we see evidence every day of evolution occurring at a faster pace. Science develops new herbicides and pesticides, individuals of that species prove resistant, and that resistance is passed on to offspring in a single generation. Without that stimulus it might take generations for a change to occur, but once a massive change in the environment occurs evolution occurs at a faster pace.

Wow, you're a fucking idiot. THAT IS MICROEVOLUTION, AS I EXPLAINED. ALLELE CHANGES. Do you know what a fucking allele is, and understand how it changes and what things can result when it changes?

Stop posting like a retard. You were talking about macroevolution before.

Last edited:

Wow, you're a fucking idiot. THAT IS MICROEVOLUTION, AS I EXPLAINED. ALLELE CHANGES. Do you know what a fucking allele is, and understand how it changes and what things can result when it changes?

Thanks for making my point.

When microevolution meets environmental change the result is macroevolution. That can result in a species that is resistant to that change, or it could result in extinction. Either way, it happens over a period of years, not eons.

Thanks for making my point.

When microevolution meets environmental change the result is macroevolution. That can result in a species that is resistant to that change, or it could result in extinction. Either way, it happens over a period of years, not eons.

Sorry, but please show me an example of a large multi-cellular organism, which is what most people are talking about when they're talking about evolution(not simple multi-celled organisms or single cell organisms), which was previously unable to fill a niche due to lack of evolution, that suddenly within the span of a few years has evolved to be able to survive in and thrive in that niche.

Nobody is denying that bacteria and other very simple organisms can do this, but you seem to think that large multi-cellular organisms can do this.

Social Darwinism constructs a theory that certain humans will survive in an atmosphere, such as the Message Board, based on their innate abilities. That has certainly been proven true on this Board.

Last edited:

its called help.

I know you hate it when humans help other humans but fortunately for man kind you are a tiny minority.

How in the world do you sleep at night ?

look in the mirror.

Now ask yourself why you insist helping people is bad?

do you have any feelings?

You may be a sociopath

Forum List

Back