Liberal logic on IDs and voting

We need an ID to drive, to get on a plane, to get into a bar, to buy a beer, to buy cigs, to sign up for welfare, to get food stamps, to use your medicade card but you want us to believe that people are to poor to get a FREE ID ( they are free you know for voting) to vote but they can get every where else to use the money they get FREE from the government GOTTCHA... Oh forgot you need an ID to get finger nail polish remover in some areas .. YEP

voting is a right, these other things are not. yay end thread of retard

really? you don't have the right to buy something that you want or need? you don't have a right to govt programs made available to citizens?

what exactly and specifically are you afraid of if voter ID is required?

im not afraid, i dont care either way. I had to provide one during the past election here in Ohio. I showed, voted, and went on my merry way.

That doesnt make the OP retarded because i dont care. It makes it retarded because it is.

You have the wrong person Red....

Please show they're not. Thank you.

IF THEY WEREN'T, YOU LIBTARDS WOULDN'T BE SO DAMN AFRAID OF VOTER ID.

STFU idiot. We know all about your game and pathetic EXCUSES!

And here we thought this topic was going to be about left wing illogic and yet all we see is illogic from the Voter ID proponents. Look at you, asking for proof of a negative.

In other words, you have no evidence for your claim and must scream to cover up your embarrassment.

How fascinating you are screaming for more government intervention in the excercising of your constitutional rights. You are actually yelling for more government bureacracy which will accomplish nothing except to disenfranchise the poor.

Amazing.

Disenfranchise the poor?? How? The ID's are FREE.

Oh...I get it, you mean the poor ILLEGALS that won't be able to get them because they have no birth certificate or other means of proving they are US CITIZENS. Darn it all~

When are Id's free?

Ok, that's been repeated. What is the repub logic on this? Since it doesn't stop voter fraud that also doesn't exist what is the point?

Gum up the works.

ID isn't the only thing they want. They want to cut early voting and harass groups that register voters.

LOL, like the black panther thugs at the precinct in Philly? like the dems not counting military absentee ballots in Fla? Like Acorn helping people cast multiple ballots.

But once again--------who in the USA in 2013 does not have some form of ID? Who are these people, where do they live, how do they survive, how do they get food stamps?

Lets deal with these things one at a time.

1. The Black Panther "Thugs" kept no one from voting.
2. Those ballots came in late and were counted anyway, even though it violated Florida's own rules. "Felon" votes were purged and kept purged even though the people that were purged were NOT felons.
3. ACORN did no such thing.

Who? Who doesn't have ID? Homeless..some of whom are Veterans. The Elderly. Students. The Poor.

And I've illustrated that this is meant to gum up the works and make voting harder.

I just find it really bizarre people who think they are conservatives are demanding completely unnecessary new laws and government intervention which will do absolutely nothing to stop voter fraud and which only succeeds in making it more difficult to exercise a constitutional right. I find this obession with identity papers very troubling.

Our country is being hijacked by totalitarians left and right.

Last edited:
I just find it really bizarre people who think they are conservatives are demanding completely unnecessary new laws and government intervention which will do absolutely nothing to stop voter fraud and which only succeeds in making it more difficult to exercise a constitutional right. I find this obession with identity papers very troubling.

Then run into a gun thread complaining about how no new laws will stop anything so they are against all of it. "Punishing law abiding citizens" etc etc...and they don't give a fuck when it comes to voting.

Did the OP ever explain their logic or were they comfortable not having any?

the logic-fail is on the side of the libs who can never tell us who is disenfranchised by voter ID

Practically everyone.

It wouldn't be free and subject to challenge.

Which would make voting that much more difficult and cumbersome.

But that's what you folks want.

Please explain exactly how presenting an ID would make voting more difficult and cumbersome.

the logic-fail is on the side of the libs who can never tell us who is disenfranchised by voter ID

Practically everyone.

Please explain exactly how presenting an ID would make voting more difficult and cumbersome.

Seriously?

You are posting this even though there were lines in many states where people were waiting over 6 hours to cast a vote.

Gotta love it.

Daily Kos: Fox News ridicules Desiline Victor, the 102 year old who stood in line to vote

These guys are playing the perpetual ignorance game.

How does this hurt the poor? Answer: It does
How is getting an ID a problem? Answer: It is
Why is getting an ID a big deal? Answer: Restricts for no reason

Repubs response: Still for it
Repubs reason: "Unknown" (but we know the reasons)

Practically everyone.

Seriously?

You are posting this even though there were lines in many states where people were waiting over 6 hours to cast a vote.

Gotta love it.

Daily Kos: Fox News ridicules Desiline Victor, the 102 year old who stood in line to vote

those waits were due to the shortage of voting machines and poll workers, it had nothing to do with ID's.

are those poor on welfare, food stamps, or medicaid? If so, they have an ID

Getting an ID is no more difficult that getting to the polling place, if you can get to the polling place you can get an ID
Not one of you can tell us how many legal voters in the USA do not have some form of ID. How many are there? do you know? do you care?

Using your logic there should be no ID requirement to buy booze because it discriminates against those over 21 who have no ID. Are you bitching about that law too?

Gum up the works.

ID isn't the only thing they want. They want to cut early voting and harass groups that register voters.

LOL, like the black panther thugs at the precinct in Philly? like the dems not counting military absentee ballots in Fla? Like Acorn helping people cast multiple ballots.

But once again--------who in the USA in 2013 does not have some form of ID? Who are these people, where do they live, how do they survive, how do they get food stamps?

Lets deal with these things one at a time.

1. The Black Panther "Thugs" kept no one from voting.
2. Those ballots came in late and were counted anyway, even though it violated Florida's own rules. "Felon" votes were purged and kept purged even though the people that were purged were NOT felons.
3. ACORN did no such thing.

Who? Who doesn't have ID? Homeless..some of whom are Veterans. The Elderly. Students. The Poor.

And I've illustrated that this is meant to gum up the works and make voting harder.

1. how do you know if some voters were not intimidated by them?

2. the military votes were only counted after a court fight, the dems wanted to deny them.

3. Yes, it did. In several places. Better do some research, you look pretty dumb on this one.

Homeless--------are they on welfare, food stamps, or medicaid? then they have an ID

Elderly----same question, social security, welfare, medicare, medicaid, food stamps all require an ID

Students----LOL, every school requires a student ID with a picture

Poor----same as homeless. They have IDs

Who doesn't have IDs? Illegal aliens, dead people, duplicate voters, multiple voters. i.e. the democrat base.

Getting an ID is no more difficult that getting to the polling place, if you can get to the polling place you can get an ID
Not one of you can tell us how many legal voters in the USA do not have some form of ID. How many are there? do you know? do you care?

Using your logic there should be no ID requirement to buy booze because it discriminates against those over 21 who have no ID. Are you bitching about that law too?

It an unnecessary rule...Why not have everyone close their eyes and touch their nose because that will be just as effective as ID's

You couldn't explain why they would restrict the early voting times. Let me guess? That's going to stop fraud.

No, its going to stop the poor from having more time to vote. And that's the real goal but republicans want to piss on everyone and get mad when we see urine and don't call it rain.

They want less people to vote, less time, more rules and all just to stand in the way of Americans rights. Go freedom!

Talk of ignorance, such easy, pat answers: "It is", "It does", but no real answers. Just typical liberal knee-jerk responses. You haven't even thought through exactly how this requirement "hurts" anyone. Exactly how does requiring someone to establish their identity "restrict" their vote?

No new laws are being proposed. just show that same ID to vote that you showed to register. Why is that a problem?

:lol:

Talk of ignorance, such easy, pat answers: "It is", "It does", but no real answers. Just typical liberal knee-jerk responses. You haven't even thought through exactly how this requirement "hurts" anyone. Exactly how does requiring someone to establish their identity "restrict" their vote?

Because its been explained several times and each time you come back like Doorey from Finding Nemo like you don't remember the convo.

What is this ID for? You still haven't answered that and you talk of "real answers".

Seriously?

Gotta love it.

those waits were due to the shortage of voting machines and poll workers, it had nothing to do with ID's.

Not yet.

So introducing another layer of difficulty into a system that can't handle would do what?

It an unnecessary rule...Why not have everyone close their eyes and touch their nose because that will be just as effective as ID's

You couldn't explain why they would restrict the early voting times. Let me guess? That's going to stop fraud.

No, its going to stop the poor from having more time to vote. And that's the real goal but republicans want to piss on everyone and get mad when we see urine and don't call it rain.

They want less people to vote, less time, more rules and all just to stand in the way of Americans rights. Go freedom!

Wrong on all counts. Early voting is fine, but if its too early it deprives some voters of last minute election developments and information on the candidates. or do you favor an ignorant voting base?

republicans and conservatives want everyone to vote, but just once per election and only if they are alive on election day.

democrats want to be able to buy the elections by stuffing the ballot boxes with illegal votes under a system where no one is verified before voting. By the way Mr Blow, I will vote using your name in every election within 30 seconds of the polls opening. I will use your vote in every election. Then I will go cast my vote. So I get 2, while you get none. Voter ID would stop me from doing that.

We need an ID to drive, to get on a plane, to get into a bar, to buy a beer, to buy cigs, to sign up for welfare, to get food stamps, to use your medicade card but you want us to believe that people are to poor to get a FREE ID ( they are free you know for voting) to vote but they can get every where else to use the money they get FREE from the government GOTTCHA... Oh forgot you need an ID to get finger nail polish remover in some areas .. YEP

This illogical fallacy is getting really tired.

I can demonstrate that showing an ID is the only way to prove someone is of legal drinking age, but you cannot show that Voter ID is the only way to prevent or catch voter fraud. In fact, you cannot show any actual voter fraud which could only have been caught or prevented by Voter ID.

Why is it that Voter ID scares the panties off of liberals so badly?

In my precinct, the good volunteers behind the table have a listing of every registered voter in that precinct. It also has our address listed. You tell them your name and they flip to your page and you sign your name on the dotted line before being given a ballot. This is of course after you show them your photo ID. They know that each person who walks in to vote is exactly who they say they are and can prove it and actually lives in the precinct. There is no voter fraud at the ballot box in my state because you simply can't walk up and say you are Joe Blow and demand a ballot. It has absolutely nothing to do with race or income and everything to do with being who you say you are as a registered voter in that precinct. Why is that so scary to liberals?

No new laws are being proposed. just show that same ID to vote that you showed to register. Why is that a problem?

Getting the ID.
Getting the ID challenged at the polling station.
Not enough workers to check.

Then run into a gun thread complaining about how no new laws will stop anything so they are against all of it. "Punishing law abiding citizens" etc etc...and they don't give a fuck when it comes to voting.

True statement,many conservatives say just that,many don't. I would bet not one lib would give up the gun grab for an even trade off on voter ID,bet not one.

Forum List

Back