Liberals always want America to be more like other countries....

I don't know about that...

From my experience, of living on other continents, most other countries and the people within, used to want to be like America! It was never us, wanting to be like them, it was them, wanting to be like us, and our country.

I think this began souring, when President Bush2 started the unprovoked war in Iraq under a guise... then our underbelly, began to be unpeeled... unveiled.

Well, millions more still want to come here; so to the point we invest billions of dollars to keep them out.

I don't travel very much outside my job, but I do know people that have. They all tell me that the best way to find a fine restaurant is to take note where all the cars are at and perhaps people waiting for a parking spot.

The USA's parking lot is full and the cars waiting to get in line up for several blocks.

There are still many people that want to live like Americans, but we have another group of people that want us to live like them. We call those people Democrats.

It's baffling to me that the debate among Democrats has devolved into a discussion about whether we'd 'completely ban private insurance' under Medicare for All. Almost no universal systems in the world have completely banned private insurance

Kamala has spent the primaries vacillating on the role of private insurance, before coming to her current untenable position that she supports the Sanders bill that effectively eliminate private insurance while at the same time emphasizing that there would be a role for private "supplemental" coverage.

When the Sanders plan came out, instead of joining as a co-sponsor, Warren could have said something to the effect of, "I support the idea of 'Medicare for All,' but I will be releasing my own plan outlining my own vision on healthcare."

Instead, once she went down the road of becoming a co-sponsor, the cost of walking away and proposing something else became greater. So in the first debate, she found herself boxed into to embracing the elimination of private insurance that currently covers nearly 180 million, and declaring "I'm with Bernie." So the die has been cast even if she subsequently releases a different plan.

Sure, in a general election matchup against Trump, anything is possible. But by letting Sanders set the terms of debate on healthcare, his rivals created an unnecessary liability for themselves by ensuring that the fight over universal healthcare would be fought on the terms least favorable to them.

Actually it seems the right wants America to be more like other countries:
- praising and elating authoritarian despots (Dutarte, Kim, Putin, the new Hungarian PM).
- self aggrandizing military parades (the US usually does those when it's celebrating a military victory)
- holding people in indefinite detention under third world conditions

keep it up.
You do realize that the Hungarian prime minister is a popular democratically elected leader that is actually listening to the people, right?

If want an example of European despots holding people in detention under third world conditions look no further than Merkel, May and Macron.

- praising and elating authoritarian despots (Dutarte, Kim, Putin, the new Hungarian PM).
- self aggrandizing military parades (the US usually does those when it's celebrating a military victory)

keep it up.
Illegal aliens have no rights, as the way it should be.
Your ancestors left that shit hole that is Europe... For a reason.
I am for one grateful that they did because my ancestors were still playing around with sticks and dirt and worshipping dirt...
Europe is not a shithole....or at least it wasn’t when our ancestors left it.

It is being turned into a shithole by traitors and criminals.

And now that there’s a military parade the same liberals are screaming that’s what other countries do and we shouldn’t bring ourselves to their level. Personally, Im against that parade because I see it more as a Trump political pep rally, and I don’t like to use the military as a prop, but liberals don’t want it for the same reason and, they hate Trump, and they any type of celebration of this country or our military.

Wrong. I don't like it for those same reasons - the military is not a prop, and the 4th of July holiday and the military (and tax payer dollars) have no business being used as part of a political rally.

I didn’t say you don’t believe that. What I say is on top of that you don’t want it because you hate Trump and are against any form of patriotism and praise for our military.

Liberals are FOR patriotism and praise for the military. What they're against, is any SHOW OF FORCE, like a Third World banana republic.
Is that why liberal Nike stopped production of patriotic shoes and liberal California applauded them for it?

keep it up.
Agreed! Then there's this too, making us a lot like other countries:

More store closings coming: An estimated 12,000 shops could close by the end of 2019

Brick and mortar is dying. The march of progress.

Why should I trek to a store to buy tighty-whities when I can punch a couple of buttons and have them delivered free in two days?
Seems to be the trend. One of my daughters is a rural mail carrier, and when I asked about the decrease of snail mail re on-line payments etc, she said small package delivery has overtaken any losses. As for me, I fear too much of my personal data online. So I trek to the stores. Nowadays, even Krogers and WalMart are offering call-in ordering and delivery. But for the purposes of this thread, I'm thinking of the massive loss of jobs.

From my experience, of living on other continents, most other countries and the people within, used to want to be like America! It was never us, wanting to be like them, it was them, wanting to be like us, and our country.

I think this began souring, when President Bush2 started the unprovoked war in Iraq under a guise... then our underbelly, began to be unpeeled... unveiled.

You think anyone in their right mind gave a shit we went to war with an evil country like Iraq?
----------------------------- but even then , the wusse 'gwb' didn't do a PROPER 'Shock and Awe' and here it is , 20 years later and the USA is still fecking around with 'iraqi' War Lords Taz . For a properly done 'shock and awe' , see how General Schwarzkopf' built the 'highway' of death' on the 'iraqi' army as it retreated from 'kuwait' in [think it was] 1991 TAZ .

Then why do todays leftist indoctrinated college students say America is not the best country in the world?
Its probably because they have traveled...unlike you.
I think it is likely, the internet... it is and can be enlightening, but at the very same time, filled with a bunch of bunk.
The internet definitely plays a part. Gone are the days when bullshit american propaganda can go unchallenged. The speed at which someone can call bullshit on said propaganda has sped up as well. I still think actually experiencing another country is more eye opening. The first thing you realize is that a lot of times its better than the US.

So why are you not living in another country? Seems illogical.

You think anyone in their right mind gave a shit we went to war with an evil country like Iraq?
----------------------------- but even then , the wusse 'gwb' didn't do a PROPER 'Shock and Awe' and here it is , 20 years later and the USA is still fecking around with 'iraqi' War Lords Taz . For a properly done 'shock and awe' , see how General Schwarzkopf' built the 'highway' of death' on the 'iraqi' army as it retreated from 'kuwait' in [think it was] 1991 TAZ .

We have not yet employed "shock and awe". Shock and awe is a total wipe-out, and then we go home. No staying to rebuild infrastructure, schools and hospitals. They have proven to be worthless gestures.

keep it up.
Agreed! Then there's this too, making us a lot like other countries:

More store closings coming: An estimated 12,000 shops could close by the end of 2019

Brick and mortar is dying. The march of progress.

Why should I trek to a store to buy tighty-whities when I can punch a couple of buttons and have them delivered free in two days?
Seems to be the trend. One of my daughters is a rural mail carrier, and when I asked about the decrease of snail mail re on-line payments etc, she said small package delivery has overtaken any losses. As for me, I fear too much of my personal data online. So I trek to the stores. Nowadays, even Krogers and WalMart are offering call-in ordering and delivery. But for the purposes of this thread, I'm thinking of the massive loss of jobs.

Do you use a credit card? If so, your data is already everywhere.

Yes, jobs. And the robots are coming. People will need to develop other skills.

We have not yet employed "shock and awe". Shock and awe is a total wipe-out, and then we go home. No staying to rebuild infrastructure, schools and hospitals. They have proven to be worthless gestures.
-------------------------- I just remember how the words 'shock and awe' were used as run up to 'gwb' and news casters saying 'shock and awe' to 'bush' initial start of bombing in 'iraq' and I was not impressed and results are pretty messed up as concerns winning BillyK .

People will need to develop other skills.
Tell that to the coal miners. Actually we've been in this transition from labor to robotics for a long time now, and it's still painful, especially for those i that 'awkward age' of 50+, too deep in mortgage and college debt, too late to re-learn and too early to retire. Of course you are absolutely right in your objective assessment, while I concentrate on those that fall by the wayside. Maybe because I've got a lot of years behind me and darn few ahead.

Then why do todays leftist indoctrinated college students say America is not the best country in the world?
I think it is likely, the internet... it is and can be enlightening, but at the very same time, filled with a bunch of bunk.
The internet definitely plays a part. Gone are the days when bullshit american propaganda can go unchallenged. The speed at which someone can call bullshit on said propaganda has sped up as well. I still think actually experiencing another country is more eye opening. The first thing you realize is that a lot of times its better than the US.

You never truly experience another country until you lived there. I’ve traveled to a lot of countries and enjoyed myself every where I’ve been. It doesn’t mean jack until you’re a citizen.

I have done the same spending 6 months+ in 4 different continents... I think you can learn a lot from other countries, what they do wrong and right...

I still say the main difference between US and Western Europe... US judges things by saying is the economy growing thus I will get my share, Europe less focused on growth but focused on the growth being equatable... Both have advatages and disadvantages but at the moment Europe are closer to getting it right...

Inequality in US has gone crazy...
dj8yezjexwc11.jpg

You never truly experience another country until you lived there. I’ve traveled to a lot of countries and enjoyed myself every where I’ve been. It doesn’t mean jack until you’re a citizen.

I have done the same spending 6 months+ in 4 different continents... I think you can learn a lot from other countries, what they do wrong and right...

I still say the main difference between US and Western Europe... US judges things by saying is the economy growing thus I will get my share, Europe less focused on growth but focused on the growth being equatable... Both have advatages and disadvantages but at the moment Europe are closer to getting it right...

Inequality in US has gone crazy...
dj8yezjexwc11.jpg

So what do you want the government to do about this inequity?

Here's the problem with all of that, a treaty we signed and are a signatory country.

the Geneva Convention

you destroy it, you replace it to where it is BETTER than it was before you destroyed it...

meant to slow down the action of war by Nations as an aggressive move and not defensive move... knowing the cost of repair...

Thankyou But feck the 'geneva convention' , the 'un' and all international agreements Care4 . USA can be and normally is the winner in most ALL things so what will all these entanglements with foreign bodies ever do for the USA and ME and my kids . I don't like foreign entanglements anyway based on the Principle of USA should always remain Free and INDEPENDANT 'Care4' .

Yes, they do some things right, no question...

but what I remember is not being able to drink water out of the faucet, and watching people around our home off base, wash their clothes on a scrub board in the flowing water canals built by the Romans, and NO TV at neighbors....well maybe a couple of channels in our home with the big ass antenna my dad put up.... only 1 in English...once in a while, playing American reruns... None of our Italian neighbors even had a telephone.... of course that was the first thing we had installed cuz Dad had to be reached by the Base and his commanders and had to know when there were alerts....

there was no Base Housing, it was only an Air Force Station, and not a full Base.... (NATO)

Also, no major shopping centers to buy clothes, we actually had to have a seamstress, to make our clothes and a tailor for Dad.... if we wanted something beyond what the BX carried....

And no large grocery stores at all... no one even had a normal refrigerator... just small little things because they bought their food daily, on their way home from work, bought the meat at a small town butcher, and bread at a town bakery...

This was decades ago, when I was young.... and as a child, I went thru a Culture Shock!

Want to know how I know you're a liar?
I've actually travelled the World. I've yet to find any Nation that comes even close to the comforts we have in the US. Reliable electrical grids, Air Conditioning, great Food Markets, great shopping experiences, go spend one week in the UK and make sure you mark the day you decided you need some American food.

keep it up.
you can also say then obama was a friend to irans leadership and went against long time ally israel. hell obama went out and bowed before anyone who'd let him when he was elected. what the hell was that all about?

we hold people who come here illegally; yes. that is also their call to break the law and go into these centers. how about giving some answers for what to do with the situation vs bitching about anything being done.

what do you do to stop the flood if ILLEGALS at the border and fix the child trafficking going on? i understand what you don't like about what trump is doing - *EVERYTHING* - but what would you do?

i can also show you mass stupidity from the left. things like boycotting wayfair because they sold mattresses to these centers for the children to sleep on. what the HELL is that all about? AOC crying to an empty field and i don't hear anyone on the left going "bitch, please".

we live in a very jacked up time and both sides have a bad habit of screaming at the top of their lungs about things being so very wrong that a decade ago they would not have given a damn about.

facebook won't let me upload my hat picture!!!!
BOYCOT EVERYONE WHO LIKES TRUMP!!!!

we live in an extremely stupid time where we're only "happy" when we find something wrong and can be the victim or blame someone else for - whatever.

that's all of us. this "your side is doing it" is bullshit and needs to stop.

And now that there’s a military parade the same liberals are screaming that’s what other countries do and we shouldn’t bring ourselves to their level. Personally, Im against that parade because I see it more as a Trump political pep rally, and I don’t like to use the military as a prop, but liberals don’t want it for the same reason and, they hate Trump, and they any type of celebration of this country or our military.

Wrong. I don't like it for those same reasons - the military is not a prop, and the 4th of July holiday and the military (and tax payer dollars) have no business being used as part of a political rally.

I didn’t say you don’t believe that. What I say is on top of that you don’t want it because you hate Trump and are against any form of patriotism and praise for our military.

How strange. Where did you come up with that Bull Crap?

Of course I despise Trump - his policies go against everything I stand for. I doubt you're a fan of Obama either.

Give me an example of patriotism or support for our military where liberals don’t complain.

Yes, I’m no fan of Obama, but I didn’t hate his policies because I hated him, I hated his policies because they were bad policies.

Which is exactly why I hate Trump's policies.

Patriotism and support for our military? Events marking Veteran's Day or Memorial Day come to mind. You always have some idiots who might complain but they are by far the minority. We, as a country typically come together for that. The right seems to think they have the copyright on patriotism, and that only they get to define it.
and the left doesn't do the same? they're busy today defining free speech and who can say it.

we've so badly NORMALIZED the EXTREME we are only left with having to make shit up to be mad about.

Forum List

Back