Liberals Are Ruining Sports

Are you really going to tell me you don't think the left runs our media?

Especially the number one rated media in America....Fox. Righty? How does this make sense to you?

Fox isn't part of the mainstream media.

Must I spell everything out to the inth degree when explaining my positions?

All of these liberals going around playing dumb and thinking they're clever when all they're showing is their ignorance.

Yeah, what ever. The establishment controls all paradigms of thought. Both, "sides" of an issues. They create the illusion that there are only "two" viable policy options on any one issue, when there are, in fact, many ways we can deal with an issue. Why do you think Americans are such idiots to believe that they can only choose one of two parties to vote for, or that they must choose from the candidates they are offered? Foundations and the Pratt House control it all.

The above list barely scratches the surface of the elite media folks tied to Pratt House, the New York headquarters of the Council, located at 58 East 68th Street in Manhattan. The nearly 400 "Journalists, Correspondents, and Editors" counted on the CFR rolls does not include the many additional CFR members who are the executive officers of major media corporations. They may or may not be publicly well known but they are the bosses of the more visible members of the Fourth Estate. These include CFR members such as:

Michael Bloomberg (Mayor of New York City, founder/owner Bloomberg L.P.)

Rupert Murdoch (chairman, CEO News Corporation)

Jeffrey Bewkes (Chairman, CEO of Time Warner, in which capacity he oversees Time, CNN, TNT, HBO, TBS, Warner Bros., etc.)

Christopher Isham (CBS News vice president), and Barry Diller (IAC/InterActiveCorp and Washington Post).

In addition to the above-mentioned individual members there are CFR Corporate Members, which are major financial supporters of the CFR and its programs and agenda. The media organizations that have become CFR Corporate Members include Time Warner, ABC Inc., Bloomberg, News Corporation, General Electric (NBC Universal), Google, Thomson Reuters, and the Washington Post.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/3302-elites-push-government-funded-public-media

Meanwhile, one of our prized athletes is about to be banned until 2016 for doping, a former MVP has been banned for 100+ games, dozens of former points of pride in the "local communiteis" can't show their face at the ballpark and get snubbed at the hall of fame every year. Capitalists players are interested in shopping their talent only to the highest bidder regardless of "community spirit". ...

If you want to talk about professional athletes, start a new thread for that separate discussion.

A-Rod is the face on the first post of this thread. Frankly this thread is so crazy it speaks like voices to the schizophrenics. LOL

Isn't it strange that the whiny bitches that complain about taxes are the ones endorsing these grotesque expenditures for absolutely no tangible gain?

We should get the government (i.e. schools) out of sports all together. It's mission creep in the worst way.

Public school athletics does excellent things.

It's excellent at wasting money and possibly highlighting poorly aligned priorities; I'll grant you that.

Yeah Sandra, schools should drop sports, and use the money for what's really needed, like handing out birth control to their female students.

That is $60 Million that didn't go to books, vocational training, field trips, new equipment in the science lab...

If that stadium were not built, $60 million would NOT go to those other areas you mentioned. Doesn't work like that. Even you should know that much.

All of this is moot anyway, as the rest of the nation does not share whatever childhood trauma you are playing out here, so school sports will go on as they should.

Wanting to get cheaters out of sports is Liberal interference?

Public school athletics does excellent things.

It's excellent at wasting money and possibly highlighting poorly aligned priorities; I'll grant you that.

Yeah Sandra, schools should drop sports, and use the money for what's really needed, like handing out birth control to their female students.

There is a joke in there somewhere about "bang for the buck" :lol:
It would be a better use of tax monies quite frankly.

That is $60 Million that didn't go to books, vocational training, field trips, new equipment in the science lab...

If that stadium were not built, $60 million would NOT go to those other areas you mentioned. Doesn't work like that. Even you should know that much.
All of this is moot anyway, as the rest of the nation does not share whatever childhood trauma you are playing out here, so school sports will go on as they should.

Gee, that was a pretty quick surrender. At least you know when you've been beaten senseless...:eusa_shhh:

I see you failed at sports and reading in school, if you ever attended at all.

If you want to talk about professional athletes, start a new thread for that separate discussion.

A-Rod is the face on the first post of this thread. Frankly this thread is so crazy it speaks like voices to the schizophrenics. LOL

Isn't it strange that the whiny bitches that complain about taxes are the ones endorsing these grotesque expenditures for absolutely no tangible gain?

Really?

So the money would be better spent on birth control or on entitlements. Entitlement spending essentially goes into a black hole. If you build sports facilities you also create jobs. Some sports literally support the rest of the university. And let's not forget about all of the money it brings into the area if your team is really good.

Right now ESPN is focusing on A-rod and his cheating, and Johnny Manziel for some autographs he signed and somebody made a profit off of.

I'm really getting tired of 24/7 sports scandals. I don't even want to watch their politically correct bull shit.

Right now ESPN is focusing on A-rod and his cheating, and Johnny Manziel for some autographs he signed and somebody made a profit off of.

I'm really getting tired of 24/7 sports scandals. I don't even want to watch their politically correct bull shit.

Where exactly is the "politically correct" part of covering the A-rod story? And, if you were the head of ESPN you wouldn't have any coverage of it at all?

Where exactly is the "politically correct" part of covering the A-rod story? And, if you were the head of ESPN you wouldn't have any coverage of it at all?

It's one thing to cover it and quite another to focus almost exclusively on it. After a half an hour of listening to them I have to change the channel. They don't cover sports that much in my opinion.

Oh, and FYI, ESPN enforces PC to the inth degree. It has many times in the past. That's how they set up Rush Limbaugh. When I say that, I'm talking about what they've done in the last several years, and it has gotten worse lately. They practically ruined Tim Tebow's career just because he was home-schooled and a devout Christian. Their disdain for him is palatable.

But you already knew this was going on.

Last edited:
You cons crack me up.

According to ya'll LIBERALS are big pansies totally afriad of their shadows yet somehow they manage to control every aspect of society.

I mean, let's face it, Liberals are as stupid and lazy and cowardly as most of you swear they are?

Then how come they're winning?

It's one thing to cover it and quite another to focus almost exclusively on it. After a half an hour of listening to them I have to change the channel. They don't cover sports that much in my opinion.

I can understand being sick of hearing so much about it/him, but you really didn't answer my question.

I can understand being sick of hearing so much about it/him, but you really didn't answer my question.

Go back and read my post without the edit.

I get tired of constantly arguing over the obvious.

Last edited:

I read your post. You complained about ESPN being too PC for your tastes generally but you didn't answer my very specific question about how covering the A-rod story is 'politically correct.' In fact, you didn't answer my previous question about why talking about PEDs and head injuries would be politically correct.

Turn off the sound and turn on your local radio station that is broadcasting the game. That what I use to do back when we fans in Houston were able to see our teams on television(after the city built two new stadiums). Now I've turn to Hockey and Soccer.........:(

Can't wait for the Football season, I don't care what they say.

Really?

So the money would be better spent on birth control or on entitlements.
Yes, there is a proven benefit to spending on contraception. The "benefits" of sports are suspect at best.

Entitlement spending essentially goes into a black hole. If you build sports facilities you also create jobs.
Detroit built 3 mega facilities. Epic fail. Cue your anti-union rhetoriic---NOW!

Some sports literally support the rest of the university.
Link?

And let's not forget about all of the money it brings into the area if your team is really good.

The benefits of "winning" is nebulous at best. And that effect is felt less and less throughout the ranks downward.

I read your post. You complained about ESPN being too PC for your tastes generally but you didn't answer my very specific question about how covering the A-rod story is 'politically correct.' In fact, you didn't answer my previous question about why talking about PEDs and head injuries would be politically correct.

They fired Rush...I thought those guys boycotted anyone who fired Rush...

I guess outrage only lasts for so long :eusa_shhh:

Ahh, thanks.

Here is what you said:

Here is what your link says:

Not the same thing.

Here is what you said:

Here is what your link says:

Gee, if you had a chocolate fountain at the snack bar you'd likely get the same result. Sports are fun.

The "study" doesn't define what a "better chance" in college means or quantifies it.

However one source I found on the Internet breaks it down a bit:

Basically the more time you spend on your sport, the less time you spend on your book work; nothing new there.

Can you cite any high school athlete that said such a thing that he now accepts homosexual lifestyles as a result of his sport?

Anyway...continuing on...

Here is what you said:

Here is what your source says:

Again, they're not mentioning sports.

Again, I'm not decrying activities; just building stadiums....this $60M "learning facility" is being built in Allen, Texas.

679091.jpg

That is $60 Million that didn't go to books, vocational training, field trips, new equipment in the science lab...a total waste that will likely be used for the fall of each year and not beyond.

And it's not just in Texas:

$1 Billion And Counting For State?s Taxpayer-Funded Stadiums | PA Independent

Now tell us your data that athletics does not contribute to a better student and their ability to educate themselves.
Because to date all we have from you is hot air

I never said athletics didn't contribute to a better student; I'm dubious that it is the ONLY thing that would make such a contribution and your source pretty much makes my case; participation is the key, not athletics.

There are some things you can only get from athletics. I will grant you that. Do you need to go across town on a Friday night and play a bunch of strangers to learn it? No...don't be silly.

And you certainly do not need to be doing it at the taxpayer's expense...

Missouri considers making bass fishing a high-school sport | PennLive.com

You know you're a redneck when.....
Seriously, our children barely pass with basic math and reading and this is the bullshit they come up with?
What the fuck is wrong with the adults in this country?

Athletes pass at a higher rate than non athletes.
You danced around that fact like a monkey on fire.
Athletes have a higher attendance rate than non athletes. Fact
And you posted mostly COLLEGE stats when I posted high school facts.
Athletes get in trouble far, far less than non athletes.
And then you finished with something other than fact. When I played I always knew when I had my opponent beat. Sometimes it took 3 quarters, sometimes in the 4th, a lot of the time my opponent had me beat the entire game!, but I always knew when someone was a quitter a loser. They started calling names like a 5 year old punk.
Maybe I am a redneck like you say but you would have to add wealthy, very well educated and hard working.
Having played more seasons of ball than you have fingers, toes, eyes and ears I saw the positive effects of athletics on high school and college players in their academics and jobs in life. Same thing with my oldest son who played and my youngest son who did not as he chose other activities similar to athletics in high school and college. Same with my daughter.
Obvious you have a serious axe to grind here.
I suggest professional help. Everyone all over the world knows the direct correlation between athletics and overall good health and the structure that provides in excelling in the classroom.

Forum List

Back