Liberals/Democrats/Leftist

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
I am no intellectual. Something isn't adding up with the our beloved democratic party. I used to be a Democrat. They lost me when I realized they don't represent ME or liberal causes. Who is running the party? And WHY? Democratic leadership seems more like the Mafia running rackets and they don't care who they hurt, as long as they profit from exploiting whatever. Drugs? Sex? Race? This is the level the so called "democrats" stoop to. Yes, I am comparing the Democrats to the MAFIA.

There are no liberals left in the democrat party.

Identity politics killed liberalism, and all that is left of the party are those who exploit identity politics to the hilt so they can gain power and make money. The Clintons mastered the craft of using politics to enrich themselves and the Obamas are rigt on their heels in that regard.

• Banned
Democrats are running a protection racket of racial intimidation and violence run by BLM, if you don't VOTE for that special Candidate/Party some people might come back and do BAD stuff...This is the Democrats we are talking about here. Intimidation tactics. Democrats did this.

I am no intellectual. Something isn't adding up with the our beloved democratic party. I used to be a Democrat. They lost me when I realized they don't represent ME or liberal causes. Who is running the party? And WHY? Democratic leadership seems more like the Mafia running rackets and they don't care who they hurt, as long as they profit from exploiting whatever. Drugs? Sex? Race? This is the level the so called "democrats" stoop to. Yes, I am comparing the Democrats to the MAFIA.
Exactly! Comparing them to the mafia is an apt comparison. Both the Dems and the Repubs have become parties of the very wealthy and they are both afraid to work for the long-suffering American people because all the politicians are bought and paid for by big corporation lobbyists. This is also the reason why America is doomed to dirt level torturing because of the healthcare lobbying.

I'm a Canadian and I'm here to help. Just ask me when you're not in a foul mood!

Democrats are running a protection racket of racial intimidation and violence run by BLM, if you don't VOTE for that special Candidate/Party some people might come back and do BAD stuff...This is the Democrats we are talking about here. Intimidation tactics. Democrats did this.
The Democrats are going to start killing people and so are the Republicans who still support Trump the psychopath. Keep your pretty head down Mary!

what liberal causes do you believe in ?

• Banned
I love the weirdness of the left. They say there isn't any absolute right or wrong...but they use moral absolutes. Then condemn sexual norms as if they evil (?) But they condemn that using their random moral norms? Based on what?

I am not speaking for Mary, but anybody who speaks up for the rights of small business people to operate their business is supporting a liberal cause. That is the liberal position based upon the notion of equal protection under the law and is also very liberal in the way it supports those without political power up against tyrants with political clout making decisions that hurt the ordinary person in order to enrich the elites.

Sure, it is the Dems doing this and the stupid sheeple of the party supporting it, but that does not make their fascism liberal just because they have a d next to their name.

All you have to do is stand up and defend yerself..

Freedom of thought and speech. Not Burning down cities or tearing down statues. Classical liberalism. Like Thomas Jefferson...

I am shocked we are allowing this shut down in modern America. Covid19 is real. But its rather like ACCHOO the common flu. Sneeze! Pandemics are undeniable. This is deniable.

I love the weirdness of the left. They say there isn't any absolute right or wrong...but they use moral absolutes. Then condemn sexual norms as if they evil (?) But they condemn that using their random moral norms? Based on what?

So far you've invoked "Democrats", "Liberals" and "the left". Three different subjects.

You actually don't know the difference, do you.

I am shocked we are allowing this shut down in modern America. Covid19 is real. But its rather like ACCHOO the common flu. Sneeze! Pandemics are undeniable. This is deniable.
The lockdowns are favoured by the majority of the American people Mary but that is probably because those who support lockdowns have sold their case better than Trump and the other side.

Is 360,000 Americans dead to the virus a significant number in a population of a thousand times that amount. I won't attempt to say but some have given their opinion on that already.

And then the much bigger question is, how many dead would there be without any lockdowns?
Also, could the hospitals handle the increase in hospitalistions when they are already full or close to full in the Intensive care units?

In Canada I tend to favour all the precautions and perhaps more as the pandemic gets worse. It doesn't require a lock down but it does call for political cooperation by all.

I hope that's helpful!

Be more specific. Give examples.

Really.

You said that you are no longer a democrat. Then may I ask do u still vote.? Are you a independent voter?

In any party there are moderates, extremist, and independents. Liberty is nice and people have inalienable rights but who protects those rights? Yet one persons view of rights is different from another person view of rights. Who mediates the differences and determines who is right? Early liberalism was just a reason to break away from the control of England and the concept of King and Queen. Yeah to be free was the motto and lets have a group hug. Yet they create a government to protect that freedom by giving this government the power to protect their freedom. What could go wrong with such a notion?

Really.
You can’t?

Forum List

Back