Liberals fine veteran $8,000 for displaying american flag at his home

More proof liberals hate america.

HOA rules, flag fight could force vet from home | www.ajc.com

June 23, 2014

Flag.JPG

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Stars and Stripes are at the center of controversy, at least at Larry Murphree's home.

“I want it to go away. It's such a minor little thing and they keep coming after me,” he explained.

“They” is Murphree's homeowner's association. He's lived in the Sweetwater community near Jacksonville, Florida, for years, and been at odds with the HOA for more than two over a small American flag.

The veteran decided to put one in his flower pot, and has been fined as a result.

“They just sent me a letter that says I owe them around $8,000 and they put a foreclosure lien on my house,” Murphree said.

But is it possible, that an HOA can fine and then put a foreclosure lien on a home?
“There’s an actual Florida statute that says he can display this flag,” legal and safety expert, Dale Carson said.

Federal law from 2005 also backs that up.

Where does it say they are liberal?

Most HOA's are run by power-mad Fox News old folks.

I like Neal Boortz idea about how to handle HOAs. He suggests that every year we pick two HOAs and hang the president of that HOA. Kinda to keep them in line.

I'd rather live under an overpass than own a home where they have an active HOA. A friend of mine was fined for parking his pickup in his driveway instead of in the garage. A car is fine, but not a pickup truck. When I went to see him he pointed out several older cars sitting in driveways. What a joke.

The far left hates the vets, they spit on the vets every chance they get.

Who blocked the jobs bill for vets? Hint: It wasn't the Dems.

In fact, here are 7 bills that the republicans rejected:

"H.R. 466 – Wounded Veteran Job Security Act – This bill would actually provide job security for veterans who are receiving medical treatment for injuries suffered while fighting in defense of their country. It would prohibit employers from terminating
employees who miss work while receiving treatment for a service-related disability.

H.R. 1168 -- Veterans Retraining Act – This bill would provide for assistance to help veterans who are currently unemployed with their expenses while retraining for the current job market.

H.R. 1171 – Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization – This bill would reauthorize programs in support of homeless veterans, to assist them with job training, counseling, and placement services through the Department of Veterans Affairs through 2014.

H.R. 1172 -- Requiring List on VA Website of Organizations Providing Scholarships for Veterans which does nothing more than direct the Department of Veterans Affairs to include information about scholarships for veterans.

H.R. 1293 -- Disabled Veterans Home Improvement and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act of 2009 – Here’sanother bill in support of those who have fought for their country, passed by House Democrats and blocked from becoming law by Republicans.

This would increase the amount paid by the VA to disabled veterans for necessary home structural improvements from $4,100 to $6,800 for those who are more than 50% disabled, and from $1,200 to $2,000 who are less than 50%, disabled. This means, if a veteran lost the use of his legs in service of his country, the country will pay for the wheelchair ramp so that he can live at home.

By the way, the last time this ceiling was lifted was in 1992. There isn't even a fiscal reason for being against this bill, as the total cost of this bill, according to CBO estimates, would be a “whopping” $20 million. That's about a quarter (25 cents) per family of four.

H.R. 1803 -- Veterans Business Center Act – This bill would set up a Veterans Business Center program within the Small Business Administration, which would specialize in such programs as grants for service-disabled veterans, help them develop business plans and secure business opportunities. In other words, folks, it would create jobs and offer opportunities those who have fought in defense of our country.

H.R. 2352 – Job Creation Through Entrepreneurship Act – This bill essentially combines a number of other bills that Republicans had blocked in the Senate previously, and adds a few elements. The bill would again establish a Veterans Business Center Program; .... it would establish a Military Entrepreneurs Program; ..."

The GOP loves to wave the flag and start wars. But when it comes to taking care of the vets, they fail miserably.

When you purchase a home in which an HOA is involved you sign off on the rules. If you don't like the rules, don't buy the place. It's that simple.

Who blocked the jobs bill for vets? Hint: It wasn't the Dems.

In fact, here are 7 bills that the republicans rejected:

"H.R. 466 – Wounded Veteran Job Security Act – This bill would actually provide job security for veterans who are receiving medical treatment for injuries suffered while fighting in defense of their country. It would prohibit employers from terminating
employees who miss work while receiving treatment for a service-related disability.

H.R. 1168 -- Veterans Retraining Act – This bill would provide for assistance to help veterans who are currently unemployed with their expenses while retraining for the current job market.

H.R. 1171 – Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization – This bill would reauthorize programs in support of homeless veterans, to assist them with job training, counseling, and placement services through the Department of Veterans Affairs through 2014.

H.R. 1172 -- Requiring List on VA Website of Organizations Providing Scholarships for Veterans which does nothing more than direct the Department of Veterans Affairs to include information about scholarships for veterans.

H.R. 1293 -- Disabled Veterans Home Improvement and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act of 2009 – Here’sanother bill in support of those who have fought for their country, passed by House Democrats and blocked from becoming law by Republicans.

This would increase the amount paid by the VA to disabled veterans for necessary home structural improvements from $4,100 to $6,800 for those who are more than 50% disabled, and from $1,200 to $2,000 who are less than 50%, disabled. This means, if a veteran lost the use of his legs in service of his country, the country will pay for the wheelchair ramp so that he can live at home.

By the way, the last time this ceiling was lifted was in 1992. There isn't even a fiscal reason for being against this bill, as the total cost of this bill, according to CBO estimates, would be a “whopping” $20 million. That's about a quarter (25 cents) per family of four.

H.R. 1803 -- Veterans Business Center Act – This bill would set up a Veterans Business Center program within the Small Business Administration, which would specialize in such programs as grants for service-disabled veterans, help them develop business plans and secure business opportunities. In other words, folks, it would create jobs and offer opportunities those who have fought in defense of our country.

H.R. 2352 – Job Creation Through Entrepreneurship Act – This bill essentially combines a number of other bills that Republicans had blocked in the Senate previously, and adds a few elements. The bill would again establish a Veterans Business Center Program; .... it would establish a Military Entrepreneurs Program; ..."

The GOP loves to wave the flag and start wars. But when it comes to taking care of the vets, they fail miserably.

EVERY Administration has failed in that.....except when its election time,then they suddenly care.....after the elections?....same old same old....

When you purchase a home in which an HOA is involved you sign off on the rules. If you don't like the rules, don't buy the place. It's that simple.

and that sums it up right there.....but a dipshit like Speados blames Liberals and im sure he thinks Obama had something to do with it too...im STILL waiting for this hapless sap to prove that Obama sets the Postage rates as he stated in the thread he started on it...

June 23, 2014

Flag.JPG

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Stars and Stripes are at the center of controversy, at least at Larry Murphree's home.

“I want it to go away. It's such a minor little thhing and they keep coming after me,” he explained.

“They” is Murphree's homeowner's association. He's lived in the Sweetwater community near Jacksonville, Florida, for years, and been at odds with the HOA for more than two over a small American flag.

The veteran decided to put one in his flower pot, and has been fined as a result.

“They just sent me a letter that says I owe them around $8,000 and they put a foreclosure lien on my house,” Murphree said.

But is it possible, that an HOA can fine and then put a foreclosure lien on a home?
“There’s an actual Florida statute that says he can display this flag,” legal and safety expert, Dale Carson said.

Nowhere does it mention anyones political leaning or affiliation. What is wrong with you?

Kind of hard for me....I am a Vet.

Oh...and Jacksonville is a Navy town. Nice try.

Yes, I lived near JAX NAS, and in Mayport growing up; not a "liberal" city, by any means. HOAs are sometimes bizarre, I know one person who sold their home because the fines for "visitors (grandchildren) under 18, no more than 7 nights" "insufficient outside lighting", and "conforming shutters" piled up. The HOA bought the house back to end litigation.

Right because only those evil liberals form HOA's

my god you're a useless hack

is that flag touching the ground, btw?

It had to have been liberals that did this. There is a law in Florida that only liberals are allowed to be officers of HOA's.

Jacksonville is a conservative city(.) That noted, HOAs go way overboard, all too often.

Even though I am on the Board of my HOA, I agree they can really get carried away. We had one regime for 6 years that treated it like it was their own banana republic and we where their subjects. Selected enforcement, harassment, no annual meetings, etc.
Finally we got sick of the little c***sucker, banded together, ousted him and started a new Board. Now there is no more of that crap, everything is laid back, and happy again.

It had to have been liberals that did this. There is a law in Florida that only liberals are allowed to be officers of HOA's.

Jacksonville is a conservative city(.) That noted, HOAs go way overboard, all too often.

Even though I am on the Board of my HOA, I agree they can really get carried away. We had one regime for 6 years that treated it like it was their own banana republic and we where their subjects. Selected enforcement, harassment, no annual meetings, etc.
Finally we got sick of the little c***sucker, banded together, ousted him and started a new Board. Now there is no more of that crap, everything is laid back, and happy again.

Good work; yes, not all HOA members are would be tyrants, but it only takes a few to ruin the rest. Many were set up to assist with neighbor watch programs, then some got obsessed with lawn care, bicycles on roads therein, and coordinating color schemes.

June 23, 2014

Flag.JPG

“I want it to go away. It's such a minor little thing and they keep coming after me,” he explained.

Shut up idiot. Ever hear of a condo association? They have really strict rules. No flags, banners or any other gaudy shit on your homes. If you want to pimp out your yard or home, go buy a fucking home. A condo is not the place for you to come ghetto up with your flags and next thing you know you'll want to put up a confederate flag. Take that shit down or get a fine.

And now the dumb son of a bitch can't sell his home until he pays the fines. That's exactly what you do with rule breakers. And he KNOWINGLY did it. I don't give a shit if it's your christian flag or American flag, we'll fine you if you break the condo rules and he broke em.

I'm a lib and I hate the condo rules. BUT, if I have to live by them, so does everyone else. The stupid bastard :lol: Remember right wingers, freedom ain't free. Sometimes you got to pay for your actions. And boy is he going to pay. :eusa_clap:

Good work; yes, not all HOA members are would be tyrants, but it only takes a few to ruin the rest. Many were set up to assist with neighbor watch programs, then some got obsessed with lawn care, bicycles on roads therein, and coordinating color schemes.

Ever live in a condo? We had a black guy move in and all of the sudden his kids toys are all over our lawn. Know how you deal with that? You fine the owner. If he lets his tenant break the rules, we'll fine him and he won't be able to sell his home until he pays all the fines too. This guy was soooo ghetto he made a liberal like me not want to live near black people. Still don't. No offense to black people but you know how you all are. :lol:

BS. If he was black and put out a Kenyan flag you liberals would say hell with the rules, the HOA is violating this man's free speech rights.

BS. If he was black and put out a Kenyan flag you liberals would say hell with the rules, the HOA is violating this man's free speech rights.

First off, he isn't rich enough to be a republican. If he was he wouldn't be living in condo's or he would have no problem paying the $8K. If he's voting republican he's voting against his own financial interests.

So really he isn't smart enough to keep the $8K or the condo. He should be locked up.

Nowhere does it mention anyones political leaning or affiliation. What is wrong with you?

They don't have to say it, you nitwit. Everyone knows all liberals hate america and hate veterans.

Funny because the year McCain ran the vets analyzed the GOP's voting record and the Dems voting records and it turned out we voted with the troops 80% of the time and even McCain himself voted against the troops 80%. We with them 80, GOP against them 80%. This is a fact.

Remember, you guys don't support the troops. You support the missions. You used the troops as pawns. We wouldn't have sent them to Iraq to get killed or injured unless it was necessary. Was it? Really? Saddam? :eusa_liar:

If corporations wanted to they could all take every homeless vet off the streets and give them a job but they don't. They don't hire anyone unless they absolutely need them and I bet you they avoid vets just like they do the long term unemployed.

Forum List

Back