Liberals, how do you feel about anti-pitbull legislation?

funny-pit-bull-dog-nose-1.jpg

As long as you train him properly - "Stay" - "release" - "leave it" - and he obeys without fail, I'm fine with your dog.

If he doesn't obey, and harms another dog or person, he should be put down.

Just Pitbulls?

Any dog with the jaw strength to break skin.

Most dogs can only grab and carry with their mouth.

As long as you train him properly - "Stay" - "release" - "leave it" - and he obeys without fail, I'm fine with your dog.

Just Pitbulls?

Any dog with teeth can break skin. My inlaw's chihuahua has.

Just Pitbulls?

Pound for pound, chihuahuas are the toughest dog there is.

Agree

Let the insurance companies make it unaffordable to own a pit bull

Insurance needs to charge what they need to charge to make a profit. Why are you in favor of insurance companies making obscene profits. I thought you liberals hate obscene profits?
Insurance companies charge based on risk

If you own a pit bull, you are a greater risk
I talked to buddies at lunch about this. They have softened me a little on this issue. They remind me that when we were kids, Doberman's had a bad rap before Pitbulls. And they all had stories about how they all know people with great pitbulls or they had them themselves.

But they admitted you got to be careful with them and a lot of bad owners. They agreed maybe not every tom dick and harry should have a pitbull. Even with a fence those things need to be on a leash. So we just gotta make sure people in white trashville and the hood keep their dogs properly secured. Or wherever there is a irresponsible dog owner. But I still wouldn't lose sleep if they stopped making pits.
A buddy of mine has a German Shepard. Personally, I would have put that thing down long ago. I'm surprised he hasn't had to pay a lawsuit or lost that animal to animal control. It's bitten several other dogs and a few people, but fortunately for my friend, no one has pressed charges. I would not own an animal with that kind of aggressive instinct. He loves that thing, though...

I have some tenants that were threatened by one of those dogs down the street. The pet owner is not much of an owner at all and the dog pushes through the screen door because the latch doesn't work properly and tried to attack my tenants dogs that weigh about five pounds each. They were very upset.

The dogs are okay, but I told him that might not be the case next time. I advised him to take his hand gun with him and shoot the dog if he ever tries to attack again. He's a CCW holder and has every right under the law to protect himself and his wife. It's just a shame it has to come down to that.
It is a shame that one has to take such measures to protect oneself, one's pets and children. But you do what has to be done. I have no qualms taking out any dog that gets into my livestock, especially when it kills kids. Good luck to your tenants.

So you have white trailer trash friends?
He's a weirdo but not trash. He's a pilot.

Not one of your pot,smoking buddies, just a weirdo? Lol!
Nope. I asked and he didn't want to buy any from me.

Being a pilot he can be random tested at anytime. It isn't worth it to lose your livelihood because some pusher wants to make a buck.
I make more than a buck.

I don't care how much you make illegally. I have no need or respect for it.

Just Pitbulls?

Pound for pound, chihuahuas are the toughest dog there is.

They're mean-as-shit! :lol:

You are dumb because you can't comprehend what you read, just like my last post.
Most literate people cannot read YOUR posts, idiot; See if you can understand MINE:

View attachment 53111

Yep, a dumb shit owner who taught the dogs to be aggressive, they guy needs to go to jail for a long time.
So, tell me genius, how am I supposed to tell the difference out on the trail... in split seconds?
One clue is when the dog is growling and barking at you while it approaches at race track speeds... er... do I sound stupid now?

Hey you are the fucktard that said the pit bulls fear you, you lying then or now? Let me know. The owner of the dog that attacked the girl needs to pay for it. The dog needs to be destroyed and the owner jailed, just as if he shot the girl with the gun.
The threat of an irresponsible dog owner with a Chihuahua and a pit bull is not the same

Many pit bull owners are trying to make a statement...... Don't fuck with me

And most aren't. Just typical stereotyping.
They choose a pit bull over a golden retriever why?

Why choose a golden retriever over a lab? Why choose a lab over a Dob? Why choose a poodle over a Dob?

Why make it illegal to own a lion or a tiger?

There is a huge difference between a domesticated species like a dog, and an undomesticated wild animal, like a tiger.

Most literate people cannot read YOUR posts, idiot; See if you can understand MINE:

View attachment 53111

Yep, a dumb shit owner who taught the dogs to be aggressive, they guy needs to go to jail for a long time.
So, tell me genius, how am I supposed to tell the difference out on the trail... in split seconds?
One clue is when the dog is growling and barking at you while it approaches at race track speeds... er... do I sound stupid now?

Hey you are the fucktard that said the pit bulls fear you, you lying then or now? Let me know. The owner of the dog that attacked the girl needs to pay for it. The dog needs to be destroyed and the owner jailed, just as if he shot the girl with the gun.
The threat of an irresponsible dog owner with a Chihuahua and a pit bull is not the same

Why choose a golden retriever over a lab? Why choose a lab over a Dob? Why choose a poodle over a Dob?

There is a huge difference between a domesticated species like a dog, and an undomesticated wild animal, like a tiger.

That's why I wouldn't answer, he is famous for trying to sidetrack with the ridiculous.

View attachment 53111

Which means that the genetics of an animal are of paramount importance.

Not exactly - genetics loads the gun, environment fires it.

A dog and a wolf are genetically almost identical - yet a wolf is not a domestic animal.

Even the worst dog doesn't have the jaw power of a wolf, or the power of a big cat.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Any dog can break skin. It's not that hard to do. Grass can break skin, you fucking idiot.

Not exactly - genetics loads the gun, environment fires it.

A dog and a wolf are genetically almost identical - yet a wolf is not a domestic animal.

Even the worst dog doesn't have the jaw power of a wolf, or the power of a big cat.

And you think the pitbull's jaws are equal to all other domestic dogs?

Seriously?

Plus, you can't discount the selective breeding that has gone into pit bulls to make them want to bite and hang on.

Last edited:

They are.

Just because you heard some bullshit on the street does not justify you being willfully ignorant.

Plus, you can't discount the selective breeding that has gone into pit bulls to make them want to bite and hang on.

It can be 100% discounted, because it's patently false. Biting is a natural behavior for dogs. pit bulls were not bred to bite, nor were they bred to bite differently than other dogs. To the contrary, the use of pit bulls as fighting dogs leveraged the already existing instinctual behaviors of dogs.

The behavioral qualities that breeders attempted to create in the first pit bulls were courage, and an affinity for people. The courage is the quality that would allow a pit bull to fight with ferocity despite being subjected to torture. Instead of running away from the other dog, it would stand its ground and fight back.

All dogs will "bite and hang on." This is a normal behavior arising from the fact that dogs are predatory animals.

They are.

Just because you heard some bullshit on the street does not justify you being willfully ignorant.

It can be 100% discounted, because it's patently false. Biting is a natural behavior for dogs. pit bulls were not bred to bite, nor were they bred to bite differently than other dogs. To the contrary, the use of pit bulls as fighting dogs leveraged the already existing instinctual behaviors of dogs.

The behavioral qualities that breeders attempted to create in the first pit bulls were courage, and an affinity for people. The courage is the quality that would allow a pit bull to fight with ferocity despite being subjected to torture. Instead of running away from the other dog, it would stand its ground and fight back.

All dogs will "bite and hang on." This is a normal behavior arising from the fact that dogs are predatory animals.

That is absolutely false. Every bit of it.

You have no comprehension of selective breeding. You believe the difference in the size of chihuaha and a Great Dane is coincidence.

You're an idiot.

No it's not. You're just ignorant. You're operating on myth and folklore and nothing more. Nothing of your allegations is supported by fact or any sliver of science.

You have no comprehension of selective breeding. You believe the difference in the size of chihuaha and a Great Dane is coincidence.

What a ridiculously stupid thing to say. First, never said anything about the size difference between small and large dogs being a coincidence. That's a straw man argument, and a flagrantly transparent one at that. Second, I understand selective breeding quite well, and I am significantly better versed in how selective breeding has been utilized in the engineering of the APBT than you. I've even given a brief explanation of how selective breeding has been applied to the breed, while you have nothing but your folklore claims and a stubborn, dogmatic belief.

What's even more ironic, is that you invoke the fact that selective breeding is used to engineer desired traits yet you don't even bother to consider for one moment how selective breeding is actually engineering the APBT today. A hundred years worth of selective breeding is an extremely long time that can yield substantially different results than what was originally intended. Entire new breeds can be developed in that time. So even if it had been true that APBTs were originally bred for aggression, or your BS idea that they were bred to "bite and hold," it would have no bearing on the APBT of the 21st century.

I really marvel at liberals who are anti-pit bull. The sheer ignorance is amazing. Liberals like to claim to be so anti-racist, but the exactly same ignorance and blind hatred that generates racism is the ignorance and blind hatred that generates anti-pit bull beliefs and feelings.

No it's not. You're just ignorant. You're operating on myth and folklore and nothing more. Nothing of your allegations is supported by fact or any sliver of science.

What a ridiculously stupid thing to say. First, never said anything about the size difference between small and large dogs being a coincidence. That's a straw man argument, and a flagrantly transparent one at that. Second, I understand selective breeding quite well, and I am significantly better versed in how selective breeding has been utilized in the engineering of the APBT than you. I've even given a brief explanation of how selective breeding has been applied to the breed, while you have nothing but your folklore claims and a stubborn, dogmatic belief.

What's even more ironic, is that you invoke the fact that selective breeding is used to engineer desired traits yet you don't even bother to consider for one moment how selective breeding is actually engineering the APBT today. A hundred years worth of selective breeding is an extremely long time that can yield substantially different results than what was originally intended. Entire new breeds can be developed in that time. So even if it had been true that APBTs were originally bred for aggression, or your BS idea that they were bred to "bite and hold," it would have no bearing on the APBT of the 21st century.

I really marvel at liberals who are anti-pit bull. The sheer ignorance is amazing. Liberals like to claim to be so anti-racist, but the exactly same ignorance and blind hatred that generates racism is the ignorance and blind hatred that generates anti-pit bull beliefs and feelings.

Pit

Bull

Dogs selectively bred for the purpose of participating in the bloodsport of bull baiting.

In a pit.

So you're conceding that yes, the size of chihuahas and Great Danes resulted from selective breeding?

Forum List

Back