Liberals want nuclear power.

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
I'm not kidding, they actually want it now.

Since they still beleive global warming should have killed us off 10 years ago, they have now painted themselves into a corner, where they must support the best option, an option that's been there for 40+ years.

Will "Pandora s Promise" Start A New Environmental Movement FOR Nuclear Power?

damn, in there they even admit their stance against nuclear power was not based on facts.

Absolutely fucking awesome.

:clap2:

Properly sited and controlled, nuclear is part of the equation for energy for the future. However, it is very costly energy.

If liberals wanted nuclear power, wouldn't they want the nuclear power station at San Onofre repaired and back on line instead of fighting to keep it closed?

http://kpbs.media.clients.ellington....jpg?f40c0e74b997dbb01ce524758e0d04a31382c8af

This picture pretty much says it all. Our Pacific coast is subject to tsunamis, and this station is even more exposed than the Fukashima site. You don't site nukes on flood plains or areas subject to major tsunamis.

You actually can b/c of the over extensiveness of US regulations, nuke plants are the safest places to be during truly bad conditions.

As I recall, an activist fired a rocket at a silo, leaving no mark beyond discoloration.

G.E. (Obama's Owners) builds Nuclear Power plants so it was only a matter of time before the Progressive/Communists got on board.

If liberals wanted nuclear power, wouldn't they want the nuclear power station at San Onofre repaired and back on line instead of fighting to keep it closed?

That you don't know the diff between liberal and NIMBY is not suprising. Have you been to San Onofre? I'll keep this simple, just for you.

It sit yards from the Pacific Ocean; protected by a 30 foot wall.

It is 60 miles from major faults, including the San Andreas.

The San Francisco Bay Bridge was more than 60 miles from the '89 quake of mag. 6.9. Part of the roadway collapsed. The San Andreas has created great quakes of magnitude as high as 8.3; Tsunamis are not limited to Asia.

See:
http://www.conservation.ca.gov/cgs/...i_Inundation_SanOnofreBluff_Quad_SanDiego.pdf

Did you sleep through the news of what has happened in Japan?

That said, I support Nuclear Plants properly placed and the repair, replacement and renewal of our electric grid. It will provide jobs and will be expensive, but the cost benefit will be worth it and ongoing for a century and more.

G.E. (Obama's Owners) builds Nuclear Power plants so it was only a matter of time before the Progressive/Communists got on board.

Well that actually does make sense.

I doubt it. The regressive reactionaries and callous conservatives won't support any policy offered by President Obama; if he is for it, the legislative moronic simplex of McConnell/Boener will say NO!

http://kpbs.media.clients.ellington....jpg?f40c0e74b997dbb01ce524758e0d04a31382c8af

This picture pretty much says it all. Our Pacific coast is subject to tsunamis, and this station is even more exposed than the Fukashima site. You don't site nukes on flood plains or areas subject to major tsunamis.

You actually can b/c of the over extensiveness of US regulations, nuke plants are the safest places to be during truly bad conditions.

As I recall, an activist fired a rocket at a silo, leaving no mark beyond discoloration.

As I recall Poseidon, or was it Nepune (it's Greek to me), tossed waves at Japan's Nuclear Plants and caused a bit more than discoloration. They glowed.

Well that actually does make sense.

I doubt it. The regressive reactionaries and callous conservatives won't support any policy offered by President Obama; if he is for it, the legislative moronic simplex of McConnell/Boener will say NO!

they would say no to government owned and operated plants, not a loosing of he belt so private investors can profit and people get jobs.

speaking of regressive reactionaries.....

As I recall Poseidon, or was it Nepune (it's Greek to me), tossed waves at Japan's Nuclear Plants and caused a bit more than discoloration. They glowed.
was there a melt down?

no

john kerryon with your knee jerk bullshit

:lol:

guess the board liberals haven't been properly reconditioned yet.

Forum List

Back