Libertarian Party Pretty Much Screws Trump

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
You cant fault them for wanting a place at the table.

They keep fighting for it.

But this time around....it really may have hurt all of us.

The article has the numbers.

No way to know if they break for DJT.... but it's a good bet.

Nah, it just hurt Trump. Trump being out of office helps America.

In some ways Libertarians are the worst libs of all.

most years they cry that both major parties are just alike and vote for some 3rd party loser

then trump comes along and breaks the two party monopoly and all the libertarians want to do is run him out of office

the tweener fence sitters are morons

Well written article, not surprising after reading his bio. Did not agree with viewpoint as I am not a trump supporter, though believe his viewpoint on trump and the trump years are clouded by his being a trump supporter. That said, I agree with the legal instinct of this experience lawyer and professor of law, saying " Trump supporters should be prepared for a judicial finding that the election, all in all, ended honestly with the numbers reported..." " It is totally believable — if painful — that Republicans physically outnumbered Democrats on Election Day at the polling stations, while Democrat ballots arriving by mail outnumbered those of Republicans."

I believe him when he says he is a Libertarian and have nothing against Libertarians on many issues. I think he is hard on Libertarians in blame for the trump loss. Yes, the number he presented are probably the numbers. Still, Libertarians, Republicans, Democrats, or others voting their conscience is always a good thing. I imagine the Libertarians and others that voted Libertarian this cycle did so of conscience. I voted Libertarian in 2016, because I could not stomach voting for trump or Hillary. I voted my conscience and certainly felt no guilt with the Hillary loss, only wishing trump could have lost also, but that ain't how the system works and I believe in the system. Some people, like myself feel it is a matter of duty to go to the polls and register their vote as Americans. I felt proud of my vote, not supporting either of those two horrible candidates 4 years ago. If you voted Libertarian last Tuesday, knowing your guy would not win, but absolutely against both the Republican and the Democrat challenger, you registered your vote as an American Citizen, taking your stand and you should be proud. I am nobody in particular, but I thank you for doing your duty.

This recurrent argument that so-called third party votes "cost" one of the duopoly's parties a victory is as amusing as it is absurd. A vote for any candidate can be said to be wasted if the candidate does not win. Further, in a democratic process, one should vote for the candidate closest to one's political orientations. Those arguing that it is somehow wrong to vote other than 'duopoly' are effectively arguing that one might as well not vote and just leave everything to the duopolists.

This author is as misinformed as he is philosophically ignorant.

Such is the way of rabid partisans though.

,o1 a-1.jpg

IT is a flawed assumption that the people who showed up to vote for the Libertarian Party would have voted Republican instead.

I once knew a guy that was an avid Ralph Nader fan and he voted for Nader as many times as he could, but in 2000 when Dems were blaming Nader for Gore losing, he would just explode!

"I would NEVEr vote for that fat son of a bitch whether Nader ran or not! I would write Nader in!"

Sometimes people would troll him in the office by just saying "You know how Nader made Gore lose...."

BOOM!

• Banned
IT is a flawed assumption that the people who showed up to vote for the Libertarian Party would have voted Republican instead.

I once knew a guy that was an avid Ralph Nader fan and he voted for Nader as many times as he could, but in 2000 when Dems were blaming Nader for Gore losing, he would just explode!

"I would NEVEr vote for that fat son of a bitch whether Nader ran or not! I would write Nader in!"

Sometimes people would troll him in the office by just saying "You know how Nader made Gore lose...."

BOOM!

Read the article.

Most of them likely would.

• Banned

This author is as misinformed as he is philosophically ignorant.

Such is the way of rabid partisans though.

View attachment 415055

Not sure about your leanings, but your comment is stupid.

It's actually a pragmatic argument....not a philosophical one.

Libertarians if true to their core would have not voted for Trump ever!

Nor would they vote for Biden if they were told that is the only two choices...

Cool. I voted for Jo Jorgensen. I hope the LP hurt Trump.

Cool. I voted for Jo Jorgensen. I hope the LP hurt Trump.

You got your wish.

Libertarians if true to their core would have not voted for Trump ever!

Nor would they vote for Biden if they were told that is the only two choices...

As I said....it is a pragmatic argument.

Libertarians need to understand that.

If you preferred one over the other....you should have reconsidered.

If you are true to your core....you throw your vote away.

Not true.

Nobody knows what libertarian voters would have done in absence of an LP candidate...They could have voted for another candidate or stayed home...To suggest otherwise is the logical fallacy we know as "mind reading".

You want to "fight the Libertarian Party", quit campaigning like libertarians and then governing like democrats.

Not true.

Nobody knows what libertarian voters would have done in absence of an LP candidate...They could have voted for another candidate or stayed home...To suggest otherwise is the logical fallacy we know as "mind reading".

You want to "fight the Libertarian Party", quit campaigning like libertarians and then governing like democrats.

I said a good bet.

And yes you can play some probabilities here.

I know few left wingers who really understand what it means to be a libertarian.

Not true.

I said a good bet.

I know few left wingers who really understand what it means to be a libertarian.
It's not even a good bet...The bet to make is that they would stay home....You'll make bank on that one.

Leftbats are scared to death of libertarians, because they're terrified of the implications of "pro choice" when applied to all aspects of life.

Bingo.

Three words: Trillion dollar deficits.

Totally agree with you.

Hated George Bush and his drunken spending.

It's a fucking crime.

Obama was the same.

Trump didn't help it any.

Covid was different...but Trump still spent to much and cut to many taxes.

But....now you will get the mother of all efforts to tax and spend like total shit heads.

Not true.

I said a good bet.

I know a lot of right wingers who have no clue what it means to be a libertarian. See the JGalt quote in my signature.

Not true.

I said a good bet.

It's not even a good bet...The bet to make is that they would stay home....You'll make bank on that one.

You seem to be missing the point.

It's a pragmatic statement.

Always has been.

I voted for GWB......twice...and threw up after both times.

The alternative sucked (at the time....now, not so sure).

I still voted to get closer than I would have been otherwise.

Forum List

Back