🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lindsey Graham Plans To Block Hagel, Brennan Nominations Over Benghazi

And all that lying has caught up to them. The Senator knows that they have the Administration caught dead to right on the lies.

Quite frankly, how could they say, after Panetta and Dempsey said they knew it was a terrorist attack that night, how could the president say for two weeks after the attack it was the result of a video?

How could Susan Rice come on to your show and say there's no evidence of a terrorist attack when our secretary of defense and chairman of the Joint Chiefs said they knew that night? I think that was a misleading narrative three weeks before our election

:clap2:

The Liar in Chief and all of those involved lying their asses off. Caught!

Graham to Block Brennan and Hagel Confirmations Without Full White House Disclosure on Benghazi | NewsBusters

Last edited:
Oh yeah. The investigation.

They are all up there covering their asses and the not giving out all the details.

Loads of stuff hasn't been released.

Tell me that if Bush were still POTUS you wouldn't be screaming for those answers.

You don't seem to want those answers because Barry is your boy.

Hypocrites. The lot of you.

Look at the conspiracy section and specifically the 9/11 threads. Few here on this thread are trying to hold bush's feet to the fire for things such as his only testifying to the commission he opposed with VPOTUS Cheney and under the stipulation that it would not be recorded. You don't seem to want answers about how he and his administration let that happen because he is your boy.

It would really be helpful to the GOP if reality in some way resembled your viewpoints.

Bullshit. You keep bringing up 9-11 when anyone brings up Benghazi.

You also seem to forget Clintons FBI dropped the ball on 9-11 and that Bush was in office for eight months. Why don't you tell all of us what Clinton and Bush should have done? Both administrations had those vague warnings. Clinton's FBI had their agent O'Neil telling them something was up and they thought he was nuts. Hell. He was pretty much forced out of the FBI because of the whole situation.

Clinton was also offered UBL on a silver platter from the Sudan. If he'd taken that SOB we might not have had a 9-11. So once again. Why don't you tell us what both of those Presidents should have done?? Perhaps shut the whole country down on those vague warnings? I'm sure that would have gone over like a fart in church.

I don't blame either Bush or Clinton for 9-11. I blame the dirtbags who flew the planes and the dirtbags who planned it perhaps you should do the same.

Benghazi was a fuck up by Barrys State Department. Plain and simple. Barry and his State Department sent Rice out to lie her ass off for two weeks.

Of course you'd rather bring up 9-11 every other post becuase hey Benghazi was on Barrys watch and God forbid any blame hits Barry for his State Departments fuck up.

After all Barry is your boy and Bush was POTUS on 9-11 so of course you'd rather blame him then look at what went on in the Clinton administration prior to 9-11.

It must be frustrating to know that the American people are not buying into the bullshit.

1. Bad thing happens
2. Opposition jumps hoping to lay blame.
3. Administration responds to questions with known info.
4 Opposition prays that administration response is premature.
5. Investigation reveals more facts over time.
6. Opposition claims administration knew facts before they were revealed.
7. Opposition sees political firestorm leading to Romney win.
8. American people don't buy in. Frustrating opposition to no end.
9. Administration answers all questions in hearings. American people satisfied.
10. Opposition fails to realize this and continues bringing it up.

Fun times.

At the Senate hearing, Panetta testified that he and Dempsey were meeting with Obama when they first learned of the Libya assault. He said the president told them to deploy forces as quickly as possible.

Again, how many times was the order to "stand down" given? :eusa_eh:

All it takes is once.

But from what has been reported Obama said; "You guys handle this......I'm outta here!!!!"

I remember when the media went after Bush for not jumping up in that classroom on 9/11. 18 mins passed and Bush hadn't taken charge they said.

Obama disappears for the entire evening, goes to bed, then flies to Nevada the next morning totally ignoring a 7 hour attack on his embassy.

Anyone see the irony here?

Last edited:
It must be frustrating to know that the American people are not buying into the bullshit.

1. Bad thing happens
2. Opposition jumps hoping to lay blame.
3. Administration responds to questions with known info.
4 Opposition prays that administration response is premature.
5. Investigation reveals more facts over time.
6. Opposition claims administration knew facts before they were revealed.
7. Opposition sees political firestorm leading to Romney win.
8. American people don't buy in. Frustrating opposition to no end.
9. Administration answers all questions in hearings. American people satisfied.
10. Opposition fails to realize this and continues bringing it up.

Fun times.

Panetta and Dempsey have testified they knew it was a terror attack from the get go.
The President is a liar and everyone who went out and said it was a video is a liar.

They are all up there covering their asses and the not giving out all the details.

Tell me that if Bush were still POTUS you wouldn't be screaming for those answers.

You want details of where the President was at 3:40 PM on 9/11/12, but this is what was reported by Administration officials the next day.

American and European officials said that while many details about the attack remained unclear, the assailants seemed organized, well trained and heavily armed, and they appeared to have at least some level of advance planning. But the officials cautioned that it was too soon to tell whether the attack was related to the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/w...a-is-reported-killed.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Look what you quoted for heaven's sake.

they appeared to have at least some level of advance planning.

The whole administration was out lying that this attack was caused by the movie.

That was the administration the next day.

You want details of where the President was at 3:40 PM on 9/11/12, but this is what was reported by Administration officials the next day.

American and European officials said that while many details about the attack remained unclear, the assailants seemed organized, well trained and heavily armed, and they appeared to have at least some level of advance planning. But the officials cautioned that it was too soon to tell whether the attack was related to the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/w...a-is-reported-killed.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The whole administration was out lying that this attack was caused by the movie.

So embarrassing for you, do you ever get anything right?

And?

Seems no one could get their stories right considering Susan Rice and the President and everyone else that was yakking at that time were still claiming it was the video.

And Graham has them cornered.

One more time:

This is a complete system failure. And I'm going to get to the bottom of it. I don't think it's unfair to ask these questions.

Quite frankly, how could they say, after Panetta and Dempsey said they knew it was a terrorist attack that night, how could the president say for two weeks after the attack it was the result of a video?

How could Susan Rice come on to your show and say there's no evidence of a terrorist attack when our secretary of defense and chairman of the Joint Chiefs said they knew that night? I think that was a misleading narrative three weeks before our election.

Graham to Block Brennan and Hagel Confirmations Without Full White House Disclosure on Benghazi | NewsBusters

So embarrassing for you, do you ever get anything right?

I do have it right.

You had Rice et al lying about the video being the cause of the attack.

Are you going to try to say that they weren't all running around blaming the video?

:lol:

You can't have it both ways.

And?

Seems no one could get their stories right considering Susan Rice and the President and everyone else that was yakking at that time were still claiming it was the video.

One more time:

This is a complete system failure. And I'm going to get to the bottom of it. I don't think it's unfair to ask these questions.

How could Susan Rice come on to your show and say there's no evidence of a terrorist attack when our secretary of defense and chairman of the Joint Chiefs said they knew that night? I think that was a misleading narrative three weeks before our election.

You don't have anything, but are trying to make something out of nothing. You can't prove a lie and it's stupid to even try or think it.

By Amanda Terkel

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) plans to block two of President Barack Obama's top national security nominees until he gets answers from the White House on the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya.

Speaking on CBS's "Face the Nation" on Sunday, Graham said he was not going to let Chuck Hagel go forward as Secretary of Defense nor let John Brennan move ahead as CIA director unless he gets more information on the president's involvement in the response to the consulate attack that resulted in the killing of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others.

"I don’t think we should allow Brennan to go forward for the CIA directorship, Hagel to be confirmed to Secretary of Defense until the White House gives us an accounting," said Graham. "Did the president ever pick up the phone and call anyone in the Libyan government to help these folks? What did the president do?"

More: Lindsey Graham Plans To Block Chuck Hagel, John Brennan To Get Answers On Benghazi (VIDEO)

Lindsey Graham is worried about losing his seat in the Senate; the whispering about his sexual orientation has created a problem for him as he knows a gay man cannot get much support in the Republican Party of today. Hence Graham is doing his best to be a very conservative Macho Man and oppose the POTUS on every issue as often as he can get the attention of the media.

He and John McCain, who is simply a bitter old man, are betraying the American People; both should follow the lead of the Pope, recognize they are not able to live up to the oath they have taken and resign form office.

Last edited:

And?

One more time:

You don't have anything, but are trying to make something out of nothing. You can't prove a lie and it's stupid to even try or think it.

Panetta and Dempsey have given testimony that they knew this was a terror attack from the beginning.

The President, Rice, Clinton are out front with the "video made them do it" lie.

There is no gray area here whatsoever. Unless you want to try to make a case that Panetta and Dempsey kept it a secret from the President ?

:lol:

Oh and Rice is a professional liar. See how familiar this feels?

In the spring of 1998, Prudence Bushnell, the U.S. ambassador to Kenya, sent an emotional letter to Secretary of State Madeleine Albright begging for a more secure embassy in the face of mounting terrorist threats and a warning that she was the target of an assassination plot.

The State Department had repeatedly denied her request, citing a lack of money.

But that kind of response, she wrote Albright, was “endangering the lives of embassy personnel.”

A matter of months later, on Aug. 7, 1998, the American embassies in Tanzania and Kenya were simultaneously attacked with car bombs. In Kenya, 12 American diplomats and more than 200 Africans were killed.

As in Benghazi, requests for more security were denied, warnings were issued, prior incidents were ignored and Susan Rice went on TV to explain it all.

Within 24 hours, Rice, then assistant secretary of state for African affairs, went on PBS as spokesperson for the administration — just as she was regarding Benghazi when she parroted the administration’s false narrative on five Sunday talk shows on Sept. 16, 2012, that Benghazi was caused by a flash mob enraged by an Internet video.

Then, as now, she worked for a Clinton.

Also then, as now, she went on TV to claim, falsely, that we “maintain a high degree of security at all of our embassies at all times” and that we “had no telephone warning or call of any sort like that, that might have alerted either embassy just prior to the blast.” There were plenty of warnings and our East African diplomats were begging for help as Ambassador Chris Stevens was in Benghazi.

Deja freaking vu.

How Susan Rice Covered Up the Kenya Embassy Bombings 14 Years Before Benghazigate

Rose Garden

10:43 A.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation. Often, they are away from their families. Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

Already, many Libyans have joined us in doing so, and this attack will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya. Libyan security personnel fought back against the attackers alongside Americans. Libyans helped some of our diplomats find safety, and they carried Ambassador Stevens’s body to the hospital, where we tragically learned that he had died.

It's especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi because it is a city that he helped to save. At the height of the Libyan revolution, Chris led our diplomatic post in Benghazi. With characteristic skill, courage, and resolve, he built partnerships with Libyan revolutionaries, and helped them as they planned to build a new Libya. When the Qaddafi regime came to an end, Chris was there to serve as our ambassador to the new Libya, and he worked tirelessly to support this young democracy, and I think both Secretary Clinton and I relied deeply on his knowledge of the situation on the ground there. He was a role model to all who worked with him and to the young diplomats who aspire to walk in his footsteps.

Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. Today, the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on. I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who love them back home.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

NO ACTS OF TERROR will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.
But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.

END
10:48 A.M. EDT

Last edited:
Rose Garden

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation. Often, they are away from their families. Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

Already, many Libyans have joined us in doing so, and this attack will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya. Libyan security personnel fought back against the attackers alongside Americans. Libyans helped some of our diplomats find safety, and they carried Ambassador Stevens’s body to the hospital, where we tragically learned that he had died.

It's especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi because it is a city that he helped to save. At the height of the Libyan revolution, Chris led our diplomatic post in Benghazi. With characteristic skill, courage, and resolve, he built partnerships with Libyan revolutionaries, and helped them as they planned to build a new Libya. When the Qaddafi regime came to an end, Chris was there to serve as our ambassador to the new Libya, and he worked tirelessly to support this young democracy, and I think both Secretary Clinton and I relied deeply on his knowledge of the situation on the ground there. He was a role model to all who worked with him and to the young diplomats who aspire to walk in his footsteps.

Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. Today, the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on. I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who love them back home.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

NO ACTS OF TERROR will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.
But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.

END

It's not the same as stating that this was an organized preplanned attack by an affiliate of AQ.

Not at all. And everyone bloody well knows it.

US envoy Susan Rice admits Benghazi attack error

A US diplomat hotly tipped to replace Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has admitted releasing incorrect information after September's attack on the American consulate in Libya.

BBC News - US envoy Susan Rice admits Benghazi attack error

At the Senate hearing, Panetta testified that he and Dempsey were meeting with Obama when they first learned of the Libya assault. He said the president told them to deploy forces as quickly as possible.

Again, how many times was the order to "stand down" given? :eusa_eh:

All it takes is once.

But from what has been reported Obama said; "You guys handle this......I'm outta here!!!!"

I remember when the media went after Bush for not jumping up in that classroom on 9/11. 18 mins passed and Bush hadn't taken charge they said.

Obama disappears for the entire evening, goes to bed, then flies to Nevada the next morning totally ignoring a 7 hour attack on his embassy.

Anyone see the irony here?

Irony AND hypocricy. The two benchmark traits of Liberals.

What was President Obama supposed to do - grab a gun and hop on Air Force One to Benghazi?

No, but it would have been nice had he expressed even a mild interest in the storming of sovereign U.S. soil by a bunch of crazies.

You know, like do his job.

Rose Garden

END

It's not the same as stating that this was an organized preplanned attack by an affiliate of AQ.

Not at all. And everyone bloody well knows it.

US envoy Susan Rice admits Benghazi attack error

A US diplomat hotly tipped to replace Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has admitted releasing incorrect information after September's attack on the American consulate in Libya.

BBC News - US envoy Susan Rice admits Benghazi attack error

With all 'due' respect, your biases are showing. Benghazi was a horrific tragedy, but it has become another effort by the fringe to discredit the Obama Administration and the President and the truth be damned.

I wish I had kept count of how many hysterical accusations have been put forth by the opposition to defame President Obama since he received the nomination in the fall of 2008? Two dozen? More?

Let's comport how much forewarning GWB (yeah, I know, "booooooooooooosh") had before 911 and how much Obama had before Benghazi.

The American public was told that there "was no evidence" of a terrorist attack. Repeatedly. I really can't believe that people are actually attempting to rewrite history.

September 14: White House spokesman Jay Carney had this exchange with ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jake Tapper: [emphasis added throughout]

TAPPER: Wouldn’t it seem logical that the anniversary of 9/11 would be a time that you would want to have extra security around diplomats and military posts?

CARNEY: Well, as you know, there — we are very vigilant around anniversaries like 9/11. The president is always briefed and brought up to speed on all the precautions being taken. But let’s be -

TAPPER: Obviously not vigilant enough.

CARNEY: Jake, let’s be clear. This — these protests were in reaction to a video that had spread to the region –

TAPPER: At Benghazi?

CARNEY: We certainly don’t know; we don’t know otherwise. You know, we have no information to suggest that it was a preplanned attack.The unrest we’ve seen around the region has been in reaction to a video that Muslims, many Muslims find offensive. And while the violence is reprehensible and unjustified, it is not a reaction to the 9/11 anniversary that we know of or to U.S. policy.

September 16: Susan Rice to CBS News' Bob Schieffer:

BOB SCHIEFFER: But you do not agree with [Magariaf] that this was something that had been plotted out several months ago?

SUSAN RICE: We do not-- we do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.

September 16: Susan Rice to Fox News' Chris Wallace:

RICE: The best information and the best assessment we have today is that was, in fact, not a pre-planned and pre-meditated attack. That what happened initially -- it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo, as a consequence of the video, that people gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent. Those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya. And that then spun out of control. We don't see at this point -- signs that this was a coordinated, pre-meditated attack. Obviously we'll wait for the results of the investigation and we don't want to jump to conclusions before then. But I do think it's important for the American people to know our best current assessment.

September 19: Jay Carney to CBS News' Bill Plante:

PLANTE: You are still maintaining that there was no evidence of a pre-planned attack--

CARNEY: Bill, let me just repeat now--

PLANTE: But how is it that the attackers had RPGs, automatic weapons, mortars…

CARNEY: Bill, I know you've done a little bit of reading about Libya since the unrest that began with Gaddafi. The place has an abundance of weapons.

PLANTE: But you expect a street mob to come armed that way?

CARNEY: There are unfortunately many bad actors throughout the region and they're very armed. ….

PLANTE: But they planned to do it, don't you think?

CARNEY: They might, or they might not. All I can tell you is that based on the information that we had then and have now we do not yet have indication that it was pre-planned or pre-meditated. There's an active investigation. If that active investigation produces facts that lead to a different conclusion, we will make clear that that is where the investigation has led. Our interest is in finding out the facts of what happened, not taking what we've read in the newspaper and making bold assertions that we know what happened.

White House Repeatedly Told Media 'No Evidence' Of Terror Attack In Libya

Last edited:
Lindsey Graham is going to be very embarrassed once again. :cuckoo:

Please ...I'm no big fan of Lindsey Graham, but He did a hell of a job here:clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCbopNTF2qE]Graham Questions Military Leaders on Response to Benghazi Attack - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back