Little recognized brilliance of Mueller’s strategy….

Trump acolytes did not shy away from mocking Mueller’s indictment of 13 Russians and 3 Russian entities a few weeks ago (with more of these indictments to surely follow.)
The mockery boiled down to “concluding’ the wasted effort of indicting any foreign individual who would never personally show up at trial.

Well, as usual, these Trump cult members are both wrong and ignorant of legal strategies.

Recently I attended a state-sponsored seminar of prosecutors where this issue (among many others) was addressed, and the consensus was actually praise of Mueller’s approach, for TWO important reasons:

First, having grand juries issue indictments for possible trials in absentia is a sound approach in ensuring that a controversial issue does NOT disappear solely because those indicted are not present. Guilt or innocence based on the indictments would STILL be adjudicated with evidence and subpoenaed witnesses.

Second, even if Trump were to pardon any and all of his corrupt cronies, these people would NOT be exempted from having to testify AND no longer able to plead the 5th from self-incrimination.

Finally, we must always bear in mind that some of these possible trials may be held in state venues and not federal courts.

Bottom line: Mueller IS one of the smartest prosecutors of our generation.

Ya he’s about as smart as Tyronn Lue

Trump acolytes did not shy away from mocking Mueller’s indictment of 13 Russians and 3 Russian entities a few weeks ago (with more of these indictments to surely follow.)
The mockery boiled down to “concluding’ the wasted effort of indicting any foreign individual who would never personally show up at trial.

Well, as usual, these Trump cult members are both wrong and ignorant of legal strategies.

Recently I attended a state-sponsored seminar of prosecutors where this issue (among many others) was addressed, and the consensus was actually praise of Mueller’s approach, for TWO important reasons:

First, having grand juries issue indictments for possible trials in absentia is a sound approach in ensuring that a controversial issue does NOT disappear solely because those indicted are not present. Guilt or innocence based on the indictments would STILL be adjudicated with evidence and subpoenaed witnesses.

Second, even if Trump were to pardon any and all of his corrupt cronies, these people would NOT be exempted from having to testify AND no longer able to plead the 5th from self-incrimination.

Finally, we must always bear in mind that some of these possible trials may be held in state venues and not federal courts.

Today's Mueller indictment of a Russian oligarch (who fled from Ukraine to Moscow) and CLOSE associate of Manafort (Trump only hires the "best" corrupt bastards)............somewhat substantiates my original post since it does NOT matter if this scum bucket shows up for trial BUT what DOES matter is that Manafort is forced to testify.

Mueller's so-called probe is a laughingstock. Over a long time, it has produced nothing, and is a complete flop. Mueller and his gang are just leaching off the taxpayers$$$, and Mueller himself is a rogue person, connected to seditious Muslim Brotherhood front groups for years.

This clown ought to be in a federal prison, rather than conducting an investigation.

Sure. I guess that's why Trump is laughing so hard. Oh wait.

Your personal comments show that you simply can't argue the OP. The Mueller strategy is proven brilliant.
There isn't any "strategy", because there isn't any investigation, because there isn't any crime. :biggrin:

Witch Hunt; (noun) - when, instead of authorities discovering a crime, and going after the people responsible, they go after people, to try to discover a crime.

Witch Hunt; (noun) - when, instead of authorities discovering a crime, and going after the people responsible, they go after people, to try to discover a crime.

That "witch hunt" mantra worked out real well for this guy.......LOL

upload_2018-6-9_10-56-12.png

FALSE analogy. With Watergate, there WAS a crime. So no, that was not a witch hunt.

Here, fuck head, let me give you just a few of treasonous "crimes"

Trump denies business dealings with Russia - The Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com/.../trump...dealings-with-russia/.../b0e...
Jan 11, 2017

BUT............................

Eric trump once said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’

Trump Jr.'s love affair with Moscow - POLITICO

Trump Jr.’s love affair with Moscow
Jul 12, 2017 - At the conference, he showed a deep familiarity with the Moscow real estate market and the Russian economy.

We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia,” he said of Trump Organization properties. “There's indeed a lot of money coming for new-builds and resale reflecting a trend in the Russian ...

It doesn't make much difference to Trump ass-kissers.....but...just for fun......how many of you morons know the difference between "THINKING" and "ORDERING"?????

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House ...

Trump ordered the firing of Mueller. That makes it more likely he ...

Trump ordered special counsel Robert Mueller to be fired last year ...

'NYT' Report Says Trump Ordered Mueller Fired Last June Before ...

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, But Backed Down: Report - NYMag
Trump ordered Mueller's firing, then backed off: New York Times

Trump told Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak of his decision to fire Comey.

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job ……I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off."

The emails, below, were released by D. Trump Jr. from June, 2016 correspondence…..

Good Morning.

Emin just asked me to contact you with something very interesting. The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning, and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and could be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and it’s government’s support for Mr. Trump — helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this information to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so I wanted to send to you first.

Best, Rob Goldstone.

Donald Trump Jr. replies 15 minutes later …

Thanks Rob, I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Can we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

The crown prosecutor of Russia (General, Yuri Y. Chaika) is a position directly appointed by Vladimir Putin.

Mueller cannot try the Russians in absentia, and if he thinks he can he is one of the most ignorant prosecutors I have ever heard of.

I believe you are making this stuff up. While it is possible that a few attorneys would be ignorant of a particular law, it is inconceivable that a group of prosecutors would be collectively ignorant on such a basic legal issue such as trials in absentia. At any rate, any prosecutor who told you that Mueller could try the indicted Russians in absentia is an incompetent fool.

In the case of Crosby v. United States, 505 US 255 – Supreme Court 1993, the SCOTUS addressed this issue head on. The Court's ruling was plain, concise and unambiguous:

“This case requires us to decide whether Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 43 permits the trial in absentia of a defendant who absconds prior to trial and is absent at its beginning. We hold that it does not.”

The court relied on the Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 43, which states in pertinent part

"(a) Presence Required. The defendant shall be present at the arraignment, at the time of the plea, at every stage of the trial including the impaneling of the jury and the return of the verdict, and at the imposition of sentence, except as otherwise provided by this rule. "(b) Continued Presence Not Required. The further progress of the trial to and including the return of the verdict shall not be prevented and the defendant shall be considered to have waived the right to be present whenever a defendant, initially present, "(1) is voluntarily absent after the trial has commenced . . . ."

Crosby v. United States, 506 US 255 - Supreme Court 1993 - Google Scholar

The court ruling was so clear that even Mueller could understand it. If a defendant were present at the beginning of a trial and subsequently voluntarily absents himself, he may be tried in absentia. The word voluntarily is important. If a defendant was absent through no fault of his own he would be entitled to another trial. However, in the case of a defended who is not present at the commencement of a trial the case cannot be prosecuted.

Some of you who read this might be thinking that Rule 43 is not a Constitutional mandate and therefore can be changed. I would argue that the framers of the law took guidance from the Constitution and that even if the law were changed a constitutional challenge to trials in absentia would be successful.

The 13 indicted Russians cannot be tried in absentia and since they cannot be extradited they will never be tried. This obviously applies to all Federal Courts. It also applies to the State Courts since the laws of the various states concerning are similarly worded and the US. Constitutional issues are the same.

Your contention that the Russians could be forced to testify if given immunity doesn't make sense. There is simply no available legal process by which these Russians can be compelled to testify.

Conclusion: Thirteen Russians have their extended middle finger in Mueller's face. The are laughing at him, taunting him and there is nothing he can do about it. Mueller's indictments were not brilliant; however, the were not stupid either (except for the ones against the Russian companies). Mueller know that the indictments would make it appear he was doing something and his plan worked. His supporters including a number of posters on USMB bragged about all the indictments; they bragged about all the worthless indictments that could not be prosecuted and which changed nothing.

Yes, Mueller is absolutely “brilliant.” He wasted two years, millions of taxpayer dollars, who knows hoe much manpower and resources from the DOJ to conduct a witch-hunt that turned up nothing.

Yes, Mueller is absolutely “brilliant.” He wasted two years, millions of taxpayer dollars, who knows hoe much manpower and resources from the DOJ to conduct a witch-hunt that turned up nothing.

Nobody knows what Mueller turned up yet except Barr, and he's not telling.

Another Idiot Touting The virtues of "Sir Lancelot" Herr Mueller as a Dragon Slayer who is going to save the world from "The Donald"

They've already lost the 2020 election. No need to pay any attention whatsoever to the treasonous vermin and their scumbag fan club, just move on with the investigations and indictments of Hillary and Obamas and the rest of the traitors in their organized crime syndicate.

They've already lost the 2020 election. No need to pay any attention whatsoever to the treasonous vermin and their scumbag fan club, just move on with the investigations and indictments of Hillary and Obamas and the rest of the traitors in their organized crime syndicate.
But it's so amusing. It makes me laugh, so that is why I pay attention to it.

Let us know when Vlad agrees to extradite these Russians and they actually stand trial, giving them an actual voice to respond to Mueller and his team's charges....

Until then, Mueller indicted 13 Russians he knew would never stand trial and would never be able to oppose the narrative

Biden was part of the Obama administration. Not just 'guilt by association', Biden's declaration that the Obama administration was 'scandal fee' looks like a bad 'Baghdad Bob' impersonation.

th

Let us know when Vlad agrees to extradite these Russians and they actually stand trial, giving them an actual voice to respond to Mueller and his team's charges....

Until then, Mueller indicted 13 Russians he knew would never stand trial and would never be able to oppose the narrative

Moron........of course those spying Russians will never personally stand trial.....HOWEVER, they will also never pollute this country with their presence....

BUT, the important lesson to be learned by you morons is this.....YOUR [albeit, reluctant] FINAL ADMISSION that Russians DID interfere in our election and their goal was to help your orange clown because he is both inept and stupid....the perfect combination that Putin wanted.

BUT, the important lesson to be learned by you morons is this.....YOUR [albeit, reluctant] FINAL ADMISSION that Russians DID interfere in our election and their goal was to help your orange clown because he is both inept and stupid....the perfect combination that Putin wanted.
Obama knew back in 2014 what the Russians were doing....but let them continue for 2 years. I even posted the link (multiple times) to the story where his own ex-administration people admitted they had not done enough, that they had 'CHOKED'.

:p

Moron........of course those spying Russians will never personally stand trial.....HOWEVER, t hey will also never pollute this country with their presence....

You do realize the so called "spying Russians" were actually agents working for Comey, McCabe and Strozk who were trying to frame and entrap low level Trump Campaign Workers. The whole thing was a Hoax, and was illegal.

Now they are looking at The FISA warrants and applications and it has already been determined that 3 of the 4 were illegal.

The 1st one will also be determined illegal because Comey, Strozk, McCabe, Obama and Clinton all knew about The Dossier, who paid for it, where it came from, and that it was unverifiable long before they sent their agents to Europe to circumvent US LAWs protecting US Citizens, and Long before they applied to The Unconstitutional FISA Court using False Affidavits to get a fictitious surveillance warrant.

Just when we are talking about IDIOTS, look who shows up .

LMAO

Russssssiannnnnnn
Colluuuuuuuussssionnnnnn

ANY
DAY
NOW!

Obama knew back in 2014 what the Russians were doing....but let them continue for 2 years. I even posted the link (multiple times) to the story where his own ex-administration people admitted they had not done enough, that they had 'CHOKED'.

Would an IDIOT.....like you......openly state here exactly WHAT your moron-in-chief has done in the last 2.5 years to "punish" Russia.......I mean besides kissing Putin' ass like he did in Singapore AND Helsinki???

Forum List

Back