Little Sympathy for California Fire Victims

All homes built in California have sprinkler systems. In this kind of fire they are useless.

I am not talking about an interior sprinkler system. I am talking about a pump that sucks the water out of the pool at 1500 gallons per minute, DRENCHES the home's exterior, and returns the water to the pool via a channel system for reapplication.

To make the home even MORE fire resistant, a home could have a large tank (or two, or three) of liquid CO2 and a pipe system that runs through the home. When the fire reaches the actual home, a valve can be opened to INFLATE the home with CO2, thereby displacing oxygen. The home will not burn is there is no oxygen to feed the fire. The fire will burn past the home and leave it relatively unscathed.
Neither was she talking about an interior sprinkler system....she was talking exterior. I love it when people who have NO CLUE about life in California try to "explain" it to us.

I lived in SoCal for 40 years. Quit talking out of your ass.

She certainly WAS talking about an interior sprinkler system. California does NOT require homes to install an exterior lawn sprinkler system. I am talking about a REAL flow of water through a series of REAL spray nozzles applied to the home's EXTERIOR. Think 'Fire Hose'
I...don't...believe....you.

I'm sorry, but if I was ever going to build a ($x??) million dollar home in the hills of California, I THINK I would spend another ten or twenty thousand or so on preventative measures against brush fires.

These fires are an annual event, and not at all surprising. What IS surprising, is how little the homeowners have done to prevent their homes from burning to the ground.

I see these lots along the sculpted streets of SoCal, and all of the homes are burned to the ground. In the back yards of these homes are reflection pools, HUGE swimming pools full of water, that reain after the fires burn out. They build the expensive homes, and the beautiful reflection pools, but they NEVER think ahead, to plumb in a sprinkler system that can DRENCH the home with pool water at the moment the fire wall approaches and burns past the house.

It boggles my mind, to think that any architect would design a home with a 50,000 gallon pool in the yard, and NOT have some way to use that water to fight a fire. We are only talking about a $500.00 Honda gas powered water pump and some steel piping, after all.

Does this make ANY sense?

b60e4ac2-e4be-11e8-9876-950c8650801f_image_hires_180043.jpg

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
They are just clearing the lands so that they can plant their GMO seeds for the Agenda 21 project. Agenda 21 name has been change to the Paris climate accord and to the Green New Deal. .They are going to keep on changing the name, to a name that the people likes. Like you can keep your doctors deal. Whatever it makes the people to go along with the program.

Why do farmers burn their fields? | netnebraska.org

You know that cedar roofs are a no no now?

I would hope so but I escaped California about 20 years ago and don't keep track of their madness. If you are correct then surely it's not for fire prevention - rather to SaveThe Cedars! Around the time I left there was pressure to outlaw exterior sprinkler systems to prevent the "waste" of water.

I don't think that actually was passed and if it wasn't, my having brought it back up might well touch off riots demanding it be imposed.

In order for the idea to work properly, the home would need to be designed from the ground up with a fire prevention system in mind.

The foundation would need to have a way to collect ALL water that rains on the house or hits the side walls, and channel that water to a location. This would include all water from the downspouts and other runoff sources. The water would be collected in an underground cistern.

From there, a diverter valve would run the water out to the street, or over an embankment, or wherever "normal" water runoff would go.

In the event of a fire, a diverter valve would channel all water that comes into contact with the home's exterior and lands at the base of the foundation directly into the cistern for redirection into the swimming pool, after dropping through an efficient filter that would remove the leaves and other pump clogging debris.

The home would be designed so that NO exterior materials can be ignited from the heat of a brushfire, or have any places where hot embers could nestle into nooks and crannies to ignite the home.

The home would be plumbed with a separate STEEL pipe system and suitable nozzles etc., that would deliver a massive and steady flow of pool water to all exterior surfaces simultaneously, in the event of a fire. Picture a drive through car wash.

One or more propane powered pumps would be set up to suck water out of the pool at the rate that exceeds that of a standard fire hydrant. Oxygen tanks would be used to insure that the pumps are not starved of oxygen during their operation in thick smoke and intense fires. Of course the pumps would have fire shielding and other protections.

In the event of a fire, the pump(s) could be turned on. The homeowners could then leave. The home would be reliably DRENCHED on all exterior surfaces for a period of up to 48 hours by pool water that would run over the roof and down the sides of the walls, and return to the pool via the channel system around the foundation.

Doors and windows could be covered by a simple canvas welding blankets that would then be soaked by the water, so risk to interior water damage would be reduced or eliminated.

When the fire has passed, and the risk of losing the home to fire is eliminated, the pool could be topped off and filtered by a mobile truck specifically designed to handle water contaminated with ash and dirt, for example. The water could be filtered to the point where the normal pool filter system could take over, and restore the pool water to proper clarity.

Here come the brain dead liberals, who will immediately tell me how STUPID I am for such a STUPID idea.

I'm sorry, but if I was ever going to build a ($x??) million dollar home in the hills of California, I THINK I would spend another ten or twenty thousand or so on preventative measures against brush fires.

These fires are an annual event, and not at all surprising. What IS surprising, is how little the homeowners have done to prevent their homes from burning to the ground.

I see these lots along the sculpted streets of SoCal, and all of the homes are burned to the ground. In the back yards of these homes are reflection pools, HUGE swimming pools full of water, that reain after the fires burn out. They build the expensive homes, and the beautiful reflection pools, but they NEVER think ahead, to plumb in a sprinkler system that can DRENCH the home with pool water at the moment the fire wall approaches and burns past the house.

It boggles my mind, to think that any architect would design a home with a 50,000 gallon pool in the yard, and NOT have some way to use that water to fight a fire. We are only talking about a $500.00 Honda gas powered water pump and some steel piping, after all.

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
No one has ever accused crazy Cali of being that bright, They shit where they eat and sleep. Lol

Please don't even TRY to argue that if this fountain was in the fire regions of CommieFornia right now, and it was made out of WOOD, it would burn in a CommieFornia brushfire.

15,000 gallons per minute.

do you think that MAYBE 10% of that could keep a house wet enough to prevent a fire? How about 20%?

What about 9,500 gallons per hour for $289.00? Granted, 158 GPM is not 1,500 GPM, but two of these pumps would be enough to handle the job.

You don't need a showy fountain of water. You just need to spray down the roof and walls.

Generac Clean Water Pump — 9480 GPH, 208cc Engine, 2in. Ports, Model# 6918 | Northern Tool + Equipment

Last edited:
Up here in western South Dakota we have to go to the Indian reservation to find anyone shitting where they eat and sleep...

Lol

Where did you come up with the BS..........movies..............You haven't ever faced the beast........

Good Luck and make sure your life insurance premiums are up to date.

BS? So ... a home filled with CO2 will still burn even though there is no oxygen to fuel the fire?

Oh, and I have "faced the beast" in the San Diego fire of 2004 ??? 286,000 acres, and I was smack in the middle of it in Valley Center. Don't make silly assumptions about the life experiences of others.
We are not talking about a confined space fire.........the outside will still burn and let oxygen in.........and we are talking about fires at Tropical storm force winds.

We used fixed CO2 systems in the Navy........Halon systems..........PKP..........and of course water.........

CO2 takes out one side of the fire triangle........oxygen.....water .......the heat.......PKP smothers the fire as does AFFF systems that are for fuel fires.

There is also the thing called the fire tetrahedal........if I spelled it right adding chemical compositions to the fire triangle in the corner.

Again........I call your statements laughable in the face of what those fire storms do............

diReCt eNerGy wEApoNs

doy

Only California burns to the ground every 4 -5 months. You can set your watch by it. Nobody cares anymore.

^^^^ THIS. I agree except for the last sentence, I care because my mom, two sisters and other family and friends live there.

maxresdefault.jpg

I imagine a bubble generator. It would be located in the garage, or the attic, or some area of the basement or wherever. When a fire comes, you fire up the bubble generator!

A source of soft water is mixed with a biodegradable soapy solution like Mr. Bubble to a ratio that creates the maximum amount of bubbles. A large tank of CO2 is blown through small jets submerged in the soapy solution, and a thick foam of CO2 filled bubbles erupts through outlets at the top of the home, and basically BURIES the home in a thick layer of soapy bubbles, making the home look like a big white dome of foam. Hot embers would not have a chance! Flames could not touch the home!

The bubble machine could continue to generate the thick foamy bubbles and repeatedly coat the house for an hour or longer, if necessary. As the bubbles pop, CO2 is released, thus aiding in smothering the fire.

When the fire has burned past the home, the bubble machine is turned off, and clean up is easily done later on with an ordinary garden hose and an anti-bubble solution that breaks down the Mr. Bubble into an inert biodegradable solution, in the way fabric softener breaks down soap bubbles in your laundry.

I'll bet all of the liberals are going to flock here to tell me what a STUPID idea that is, while offering NOTHING of substance as an alternative.

"KC! You are so STUPID! You can't make enough bubbles to cover an entire house!"

Otay, Buckwheat.

That is known as the AFFF system............Aquis Fire Fighting Foam...........Been used a long time for Class Bravo Fires..........Fuel oil fires..........The wind would blow the foam off the roof and the place would still burn.

AFFF systems are mixed at a ratio of 95% water to 5% foam............and smother the fuel oil fires by killing the oxygen...........Invented by a Navy man............who experimented with it until he got it to work..........because there was a need..........And he got rich off of it.

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
They are just clearing the lands so that they can plant their GMO seeds for the Agenda 21 project. Agenda 21 name has been change to the Paris climate accord and to the Green New Deal. .They are going to keep on changing the name, to a name that the people likes. Like you can keep your doctors deal. Whatever it makes the people to go along with the program.

Why do farmers burn their fields? | netnebraska.org

Now they're calling it Agenda 2030. Thank you for this post, even though no one is listening and almost no one seems to care.

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg

You really think a sprinkler is going to stop a miles-wide, raging wildfire, genius?

Forum List

Back