Little Sympathy for California Fire Victims

I'm sorry, but if I was ever going to build a ($x??) million dollar home in the hills of California, I THINK I would spend another ten or twenty thousand or so on preventative measures against brush fires.

These fires are an annual event, and not at all surprising. What IS surprising, is how little the homeowners have done to prevent their homes from burning to the ground.

I see these lots along the sculpted streets of SoCal, and all of the homes are burned to the ground. In the back yards of these homes are reflection pools, HUGE swimming pools full of water, that reain after the fires burn out. They build the expensive homes, and the beautiful reflection pools, but they NEVER think ahead, to plumb in a sprinkler system that can DRENCH the home with pool water at the moment the fire wall approaches and burns past the house.

It boggles my mind, to think that any architect would design a home with a 50,000 gallon pool in the yard, and NOT have some way to use that water to fight a fire. We are only talking about a $500.00 Honda gas powered water pump and some steel piping, after all.

Does this make ANY sense?

b60e4ac2-e4be-11e8-9876-950c8650801f_image_hires_180043.jpg

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
What doesn't make any sense is to reject that the reason for all these fires is climate. Yes, some brush fires have always been annual events, but in the past few years, fires in California have increased 500 percent...due to climate change. Don't go off on a tangent against residents and deny climate change.

The homeowners can't do anything. The envirowackos won't let them. I had a friend that owned a cabin at Crestline. She got a notice from the Fire Marshal to clear away the dead brush around her cabin. She did. She was fined by the Environmental protection agency and ordered to restore the natural habitat. She produced the notice from the Fire Marshal. It did no good. The dead brush was restored by volunteers and my friend fined and the fine filed as a lien on the property.

Then came the Crestline fire a few years ago.the cabin burned to the ground. She collected the insurance money and abandoned the land.

I call BULLSHIT!
Karma is kicking crazy Cali ass.... lol

I'm sorry, but if I was ever going to build a ($x??) million dollar home in the hills of California, I THINK I would spend another ten or twenty thousand or so on preventative measures against brush fires.

These fires are an annual event, and not at all surprising. What IS surprising, is how little the homeowners have done to prevent their homes from burning to the ground.

I see these lots along the sculpted streets of SoCal, and all of the homes are burned to the ground. In the back yards of these homes are reflection pools, HUGE swimming pools full of water, that reain after the fires burn out. They build the expensive homes, and the beautiful reflection pools, but they NEVER think ahead, to plumb in a sprinkler system that can DRENCH the home with pool water at the moment the fire wall approaches and burns past the house.

It boggles my mind, to think that any architect would design a home with a 50,000 gallon pool in the yard, and NOT have some way to use that water to fight a fire. We are only talking about a $500.00 Honda gas powered water pump and some steel piping, after all.

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
What doesn't make any sense is to reject that the reason for all these fires is climate. Yes, some brush fires have always been annual events, but in the past few years, fires in California have increased 500 percent...due to climate change. Don't go off on a tangent against residents and deny climate change.
Climate change is a hoax. There is Nothing about the climate today that wasn't there 50 or more years ago.

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
Climate change is a hoax. There is Nothing about the climate today that wasn't there 50 or more years ago.

You're insane.

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg

You're insane.
Environmentalists sound like this little shit stain all the time... lol

You really think a sprinkler is going to stop a miles-wide, raging wildfire, genius?

No. You apparently cannot read simple English. I never even suggested using a "sprinkler." I said water nozzles. They don't use "sprinklers" on the ends of fire hoses ... GENIUS.

I also NEVER said that my idea would stop the fire. I know you want to accuse me of making that statement, otherwise your criticism of me is invalid.

I said a system that DRENCHES a house with water while the fire passes by will save THAT HOUSE.

Is that clear enough for you, GENIUS?

Wow. You skipped a lot of science classes, champ.

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
Honda is not used here! Briggs and Straton is the engine of smart people. As for sympathy I have none for anyone in Crapuky.

You really think a sprinkler is going to stop a miles-wide, raging wildfire, genius?

No. You apparently cannot read simple English. I never even suggested using a "sprinkler." I said water nozzles. They don't use "sprinklers" on the ends of fire hoses ... GENIUS.

I also NEVER said that my idea would stop the fire. I know you want to accuse me of making that statement, otherwise your criticism of me is invalid.

I said a system that DRENCHES a house with water while the fire passes by will save THAT HOUSE.

You are talking out of your ass. When firemen are at a home spraying it with hoses, it is SAVED. The home next to it burns. What is the difference between firemen with hoses, and an automatic system that drenches the entire exterior surface of the structure?

Pull your head out far enough to take a breath of fresh air and THINK.

Little Sympathy for California Fire Victims
They’d say “fuck you” if they were here but they’re trying to save their homes and possessions. So I’ll say it for them: fuck you.

Gosh, imagine if they had taken preventative measures BEFORE the fires arrives. I believe saving their possessions would be a LOT easier.

I do feel sympathy for the victims of the fires in Calizuela

But I do not feel sympathy....or rather I despise the people like governor Gavin Newsome ....and all the DemonRats ...all of them from Cali.....starting with Pelousy....all down the list

it seems to me that when Calizuela needs more federal money they light another fire.....

it's not the first time either...

and all the money goes to their own pockets... GOD I hope and pray KARMA will get them too

You are talking out of your ass. When firemen are at a home spraying it with hoses, it is SAVED. The home next to it burns. What is the difference between firemen with hoses, and an automatic system that drenches the entire exterior surface of the structure?

Pull your head out far enough to take a breath of fresh air and THINK.

:lol:

"Think"? :lmao:

Why don't you go find a firefighter and ask him about your brilliant plan? When he stops laughing, he'll tell you that your wet house would simply become a flash-steam oven that cooked anything alive inside the house for the few minutes it would take for all that water to evaporate and the structure consequently burn. A state-wide wildfire is not the same thing as a little grease fire on your stove. Your swimming pool is not going to do jack-shit to delay a hurricane of inferno, dumbass.

But I do not feel sympathy....or rather I despise the people like governor Gavin Newsome ....and all the DemonRats ...all of them from Cali.....starting with Pelousy....all down the list

it seems to me that when Calizuela needs more federal money they light another fire.....

and all the money goes to their own pockets... GOD I hope and pray KARMA will get them too

The problem is, they take NO measures to minimize the exposure to losses for their own insurance underwriters. They just say, "Oh Damn! This fire is going to completely consume our multi-million dollar home. Well, let's climb into the Mercedes and ride out to our winter home in Palm Desert. We can call our agent and make a claim on the policy from there. They'll pay for EVERYTHING."

The problem is, they take NO measures to minimize the exposure to losses for their own insurance underwriters. They just say, "Oh Damn! This fire is going to completely consume our multi-million dollar home. Well, let's climb into the Mercedes and ride out to our winter home in Palm Desert. We can call our agent and make a claim on the policy from there. They'll pay for EVERYTHING."

yes, and also the problem is that Cali is governed by left wing thugs.

Why don't you go find a firefighter and ask him about your brilliant plan? When he stops laughing, he'll tell you that your wet house would simply become a flash-steam oven that cooked anything alive inside the house for the few minutes it would take for all that water to evaporate and the structure consequently burn. A state-wide wildfire is not the same thing as a little grease fire on your stove. Your swimming pool is not going to do jack-shit to delay a hurricane of inferno, dumbass.

How is a home saved by firefighters when they arrive at the door as flames are licking the walls? They HOSE DOWN the house until the fire passes, dumbass.

When they have to choose to save only one house, they pick the one that has taken steps to minimize fire damage, and let the other one burn to the ground, dumbass.

How is a home saved by firefighters when they arrive at the door as flames are licking the walls? They HOSE DOWN the house until the fire passes, dumbass.

When they have to choose to save only one house, they pick the one that has taken steps to minimize fire damage, and let the other one burn to the ground, dumbass.

You are as dumb as a box of rocks, fool. Go talk to a firefighter.

Forum List

Back